Season One, Race Event 1: One Hour Solo

"
GreenDude120 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

The most recent problem we ran into is that someone managed to get two level 11 characters in an hour. We weren't prepared for that with our prize awarding script. For fairness to other players, we have decided that players cannot use this technique to get a lot of extra points on one account. Only one character per account will be considered. I am sorry for not making this clear in the original posts.

The guy deserves all the points for this time only. It's not his fault that this was not explained.

We don't support that in the system. The points have to come from specific activities (which will later be visible on a page somewhere). Getting to level 11 in race can only be done once per account. I commend his ability to get to level 11 twice, but we're going to have to treat it how we did the one week races in Closed Beta and restrict it to one entry per account.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 22, 2013, 3:08:04 PM
nm me
Last edited by Shamandar on Jun 8, 2013, 11:50:17 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Hagaren wrote:
my points were up and now ther are gone .what ?

We're trying to award them all correctly. I'll update when it's done.

The most recent problem we ran into is that someone managed to get two level 11 characters in an hour. We weren't prepared for that with our prize awarding script. For fairness to other players, we have decided that players cannot use this technique to get a lot of extra points on one account. Only one character per account will be considered. I am sorry for not making this clear in the original posts.

i posted this in the forums the other day on getting multiple toons over rp level no one responded
"
Galad wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Hagaren wrote:
my points were up and now ther are gone .what ?

We're trying to award them all correctly. I'll update when it's done.

Will our highest level character be the one considered for rewards? For example, if I create a character, get him to level 2, and make a new character to actually try to compete with can I get screwed with the level 2 character being the one considered for rewards? Hopefully my question is clear.

I'll clear up the rules regarding this with Jonathan this weekend so that it's clear. For now, I recommend just using one character, though I believe something like killing Hillock fast on char A then switching to char B for the rest of the competition does reward prizes from both.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
nugiyen you beast! :D
"
GreenDude120 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

The guy deserves all the points for this time only. It's not his fault that this was not explained.

This is how it always was in Closed Beta, why would it change? I'm pretty sure this was outlined in the basics
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Okay, prizes have been awarded. The rewards are visible on your profile (and the Season page) and the Demigods/Redbeaks are on new characters on your accounts if you won those. Very sorry about that taking 145 minutes with a patch needed in the middle :P

Four notes:
- As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we're tidying up the rules about multiple characters on one account.
- The Demigod's Triumph is currently untradable/undroppable due to a bug. This will be fixed - it's meant to be tradable and droppable.
- The rewards bar on the profile/seasons page is meant to fill up with animated green to show your points. This doesn't seem to be working. You can still see the number of points underneath.
- I got three points. Yay.
Edit: nm me. Cranky day.
Last edited by Shamandar on Jun 8, 2013, 11:48:33 PM
EDIT: nm my ranting, shouldn't post after a bad day at work. Hating my company's developers shouldn't carry over to here. Sorry!
Last edited by Shamandar on Jun 8, 2013, 11:49:28 PM
hm...lvl 11 0 points :(
IGN @TiznaraN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info