Season One, Race Event 1: One Hour Solo

I'm so excited for this season.
IGN: _Blue_Box_
"
RoTaTiNgCaPs wrote:
how set in stone is this race structure? Is this definite or could the way races are done be changed a season or two down the road?

We can certainly change it after this season depending on how it goes!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Facebreaker seems a little meh, but I look forward to trying to earn everything else! Are the new Demigod stats available somewhere or do we have to wait for the first event to end?
IGN: Frostveil
I'm doing this race and the midnight race(#2). I'm also going to try and do #3 and #4.

I might be able to do 10 of the first 14 races in February.

Super excited.
"
all the no lifes going to win lol

playing 1h without a break makes you a "no lifer"?
@osyrhc
i saw that post... chris... :P
@osyrhc
Will it always be a coral ring or a random ilvl 100 white ring? As an eventual CI user this health thing doesn't appeal to me much =D
don´t you think all this "players who first..." are not that good anymore with alot more player? Beside the lvl there is no goal for 99,9% of the players now.

And i looked in the other race events, why does i get the same points in 1 or 3 hour race? Should a longer race not give more points?
IGN: kReiZy
I like the blank slate ring allowing the players to roll it or reroll it to get desired stats. I really hope to see this as something that is used often in the future because it doesn't adversely affect the economy on a set scale. Whereas giving out orbs/chisels/gems could directly impact their price. Giving out the uniques is nice, and keeping them as lower level uniques will avoid messing up the economy too much is good forethought but it would be nice to see items that can be useful for people pushing endgame, although the coral ting kind of fits that role as a prize.
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
don´t you think all this "players who first..." are not that good anymore with alot more player? Beside the lvl there is no goal for 99,9% of the players now.

And i looked in the other race events, why does i get the same points in 1 or 3 hour race? Should a longer race not give more points?

Well the whole "players who first..." thing is kind of the whole racepart of the race isn't it? And considering the fact that the races are in a hardcore league the 3 hour races test player's ability to push further into content for a longer duration without dying. It's a lot easier to go hard burn for an hour than it is for three hours without making a mistake. Keeping the rewards static in the 1 and 3 hour races seems fair as the environments are a little different. Also if I read it correctly Chris said that the rewards provided for achieving different goals in the races may be modified, only the total number of points to reach certain rewards will not change once the season has begun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info