Heyo ive never played PoE!

"
FCK42 wrote:
1. Oro's flicker. Look it up in the build section, I think marauder or shadow. It's quite strong, REALLY fast and eye cancer to the max.
Buttons needed: 1. Your flicker button.

2. Righteous fire. It's a build for either marauder or templar and it is REALLY safe and still deals a lot of damage. However, it only really works once you can equip a certain unique shield, and it takes quite a while to level. Also, depending on how far you want to go, the gear CAN be quite expensive, however, you don't need much to start and can then upgrade later.
Buttons needed: 2. 1 button for righteous fire activation and another button for a movement skill.

3. This one is a bit crazy and my own creation, but I can really recommend it: CoC Molten shell, based around the unique sword "hiltless". It clears pretty fast, has some nice regen and CRAZY leech. Still leveling the character, but it works really good at the moment.
Buttons needed: 3 or 4. 1 for cyclone, your main skill. Another for your single target skill of choice against bosses. And then 1 or 2 to activate some temporal buffs against those same bosses.
If you want more details on the build, feel free to pm me..

I'll second what Viper said - Earthquake (EQ). I would save numbers 1 or 2 from the above quote for a later build if you're still interested, and I'd recommend staying away from anything labeled 'Cast on Crit' (CoC). As someone said, CoC is definitely getting nerfed, and we don't yet know if it will be a numbers thing or a functionality change, but either way, builds and their guides could change a lot between now and next friday.

Speaking of next friday, a new league starts where most of the games population will be rolling new characters and competing against each other with a fresh start. If that sounds lame, by all means stick to the standard softcore or hardcore leagues and get your feet wet there. Any vendor that sells wands, rings, and flasks (1 per act in town) will have a second inventory tab that sells skill gems. You can purchase those to test out which skills look fun if you want to experiment for yourself.

If you like farming mobs in an ARPG at a very fast pace, you've come to the right place, but you'll need some patience. Most builds will require you to be level ~75-80 to pick up in speed, and depending on build, some might need a good weapon, or high gem levels (18+) to really hit their stride. GL HF!

Edit: for that last paragraph - you may find leveling fast at times and slower at others. But you can start the end game at around level ~65 in PoE, so that's what I mean by requires level ~75 to 80 to really get zoom zoom fast.
Last edited by innervation on Aug 27, 2016, 6:15:12 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
Welcome in wraeclast, fellow exile!
As for builds you might enjoy... since it is your first time here, you shouldn't worry about being able to farm too much. Usually the first character in poe is kinda crap.
Learning the mechanics and limits of what you can do is really important, since this game is quite different from most other ARPGs.

As for your build, there are LOTS of choices, but since you're new, I'll recommend someething not too expensive:

1. Oro's flicker. Look it up in the build section, I think marauder or shadow. It's quite strong, REALLY fast and eye cancer to the max.
Buttons needed: 1. Your flicker button.

2. Righteous fire. It's a build for either marauder or templar and it is REALLY safe and still deals a lot of damage. However, it only really works once you can equip a certain unique shield, and it takes quite a while to level. Also, depending on how far you want to go, the gear CAN be quite expensive, however, you don't need much to start and can then upgrade later.
Buttons needed: 2. 1 button for righteous fire activation and another button for a movement skill.

3. This one is a bit crazy and my own creation, but I can really recommend it: CoC Molten shell, based around the unique sword "hiltless". It clears pretty fast, has some nice regen and CRAZY leech. Still leveling the character, but it works really good at the moment.
Buttons needed: 3 or 4. 1 for cyclone, your main skill. Another for your single target skill of choice against bosses. And then 1 or 2 to activate some temporal buffs against those same bosses.
If you want more details on the build, feel free to pm me.

One last piece of advice: bookmark poe.trade and the poe wiki. You'll need them both.
Now then, enjoy your stay! I hope I could help at least a little bit.

PS: Button count does not include buttons needed for auras. Also sorry for that wall of text.

Old player coming back to PoE, thanks for the suggestions.
Be prepared for the same old grind and the same old shit drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info