freaking lab leaking into the game under the guise of boss rework!

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I say, add levers and secrets to many levels. There is space to add a lot of this stuff, no matter how vocal some are about it.

I'm personally pleased.

People who say "ohhh traps are not very ARPG like" they haven't played Diablo 1 and 2 for sure, I remember killing my mage to traps in Diablo 1.

I think path of exile lacked of environnement hazards, traps and all sort of hidden things in our maps and general act content. These things added to the game will make it a way better place.

You are misunderstanding the actual statement or perhaps the statement you were referring to was not clear. Traps sprinkled around monsters is arpg gameplay with traps in it. Screens full of traps is trap gameplay more like Frogger, Prince of Persia, or Mario.

ahhh you clearly haven't played diablo 1-2 actually.... I think you haven't played any base loot dungeon crawl ARPG at all maybe.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

People who say "ohhh traps are not very ARPG like" they haven't played Diablo 1 and 2 for sure, I remember killing my mage to traps in Diablo 1.

I think path of exile lacked of environnement hazards, traps and all sort of hidden things in our maps and general act content. These things added to the game will make it a way better place.

You are misunderstanding the actual statement or perhaps the statement you were referring to was not clear. Traps sprinkled around monsters is arpg gameplay with traps in it. Screens full of traps is trap gameplay more like Frogger, Prince of Persia, or Mario.

ahhh you clearly haven't played diablo 1-2 actually.... I think you haven't played any base loot dungeon crawl ARPG at all maybe.

Diablo 1 was the game that got me into procedurally generated quasi-isometric ARPGs, and I played the hell out of it until D2 came out. So it is with a fair degree of confidence that I say you are full of it. There are no rooms filled with trap gauntlets in Diablo 1. Or D2. Or D3.

Or perhaps you didn't bother to read what Turtledove actually wrote. That's not hard for me to believe, seeing as how you are obviously much more interested in posting than you are in reading.

In any case, it's a moot point. There is nothing wrong with traps per se, in almost any genre of video game. It is the specifics of their implementation that makes them fun or not to deal with.
Wash your hands, Exile!
that's not true, there are a lot of rooms with a lot of traps, and some of them were very deadly if you were not careful

there were enough traps in diablo 1 to give a character a special ability to detect and disarm traps
The sky is green and the grass is blue. That's just how it is.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

I played many hours of both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was my favorite game of all time until I played PoE. Then when labyrinth was released PoE became almost unplayable. There are not screens full of traps in either Diablo. As I said, "Traps sprinkled around monsters is arpg gameplay with traps in it. Screens full of traps is trap gameplay more like Frogger, Prince of Persia, or Mario."
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
diablofdb wrote:
that's not true, there are a lot of rooms with a lot of traps, and some of them were very deadly if you were not careful

there were enough traps in diablo 1 to give a character a special ability to detect and disarm traps

Please read,
"Traps sprinkled around monsters is arpg gameplay with traps in it. Screens full of traps is trap gameplay more like Frogger, Prince of Persia, or Mario."

There were not screens full of traps in either Diablo.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
ok ok ok... lab = POE almost unplayable, for real?

care to explain? why the labyrinth makes POE unplayable o.0 I'm just flabberghastled by what you've just said.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
These threads are getting a little ridiculous.

Mark my words, all of this whining will kill POE one day. Devs won't be able to add new things or new challenges because people keep crying, we can't have nice things now :(.

I just think the premise of the thread is frankly quite stupid. Traps were definitely a roadblock to navigating the lab. This just has lab elements outlining a boss arena. I don't really see what is wrong with that.

I can understand the lab haters disliking the navigation of the lab (can be uncomfortable gameplay), Enchant system (quite shit RNG, really), rewards (solved with Uber Lab so no more complaints from me). Now seeing lab elements makes people cry? Get the hell outta here.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 27, 2016, 9:40:21 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
ok ok ok... lab = POE almost unplayable, for real?

care to explain? why the labyrinth makes POE unplayable o.0 I'm just flabberghastled by what you've just said.
Because 1% of the game makes the other 99% suck.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info