I'm really sorry (again)

"
morbo wrote:
Windowed fullscreen removes FPS issues when alt-tabbing & makes it more fluid, but for me it also creates ugly screen tearing when in-game. GF card, win7.

Try turning off vsync. Use nvidiainspector to cap your framerate at 120fps (assuming you have a 120hz monitor). Note that you'll have to recap it after certain patches.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Try turning off vsync. Use nvidiainspector to cap your framerate at 120fps (assuming you have a 120hz monitor). Note that you'll have to recap it after certain patches.

Thanks for the suggestion. This combination does improve the tearing, but the picture is still not as stable as when playing in fullscreen with vsync on. Probably cause my monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. This combination does improve the tearing, but the picture is still not as stable as when playing in fullscreen with vsync on. Probably cause my monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate.

I use Windowed Fullscreen basically whenever a game allows me to. For me regular Vsync does the trick, since it fixes my FPS at 60 anyway and removes any tearing. When I do have lags they are connection based and not really GGGs fault. I also interestingly can handle a very messy situation without losing FPS, that might be partially due to the fact that I played on a much weaker PC before and just copied the settings over and only adjusted the resolution. So I likely play on a lower setting than what is recommended for my PC, but then again this also results in no performance issues in any situation.

Since PoE has a more functional graphic anyway and can't really compete I don't really care about it graphics not being on full settings... I spend thousends of hours playing minecraft and Brutal Doom, two games (well basically its doom, but you need mouse aim :P) that don't actually push the limit in terms of graphics but they are fun, and thats more what I'm looking for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info