Hydra bow versus Council bow

If Hydra has 3D art there is no doubt about the winner, Reach with Hydra skin!!
d:-D*
Why is this a thread? LMAO like this isn't even REMOTELY a contest It's a flat out Giant hornet VS like a fucking honey bee.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 25, 2016, 6:26:40 AM
Right Now, Reach win hands down as it can be used with ANY bow build and any Class while Silvertongue is limited to physical builds and mostly Dead Eye and Assassin.

The design is pretty cool tho and worth a T16 boss drop. It's strong with some interesting mods without being brain dead OP like Reach. Well done Devs

Spoiler
Now if melee could have a cool weapon too...
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 25, 2016, 7:32:56 AM
Meh, the catering to ez-mode bowscouts gameplay is quite appaling, tbh.

Opieop bows dropping like candy, meanwhile good melee stuff like Varunastra is supergated, sealed in a nuclear bunker on Pluto.

/whine
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Opieop bows dropping like candy, meanwhile good melee stuff like Varunastra is supergated, sealed in a nuclear bunker on Pluto.

Buff Pluto, no longer beeing a planet sucks.

(i guess thats as likely as getting a decent melee unique)
"
morbo wrote:
Meh, the catering to ez-mode bowscouts gameplay is quite appaling, tbh.

/whine

Bowscouts have families to feed too :(
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
this a joke right? one is a 7.5 link on a 350 dps base

the other is a 300 dps bow with two unique perks that either require you to play a specific class or use 2 universally agreed upon weak gems fork and chain.

the hydra bow is more mechanically interesting .. but its not even close .. probably at best half as strong as reach.

the builds that will use it are going to probably

1 outright ignore the fork bit because 100% increased crit chance (as we have seen with controlled destruction) is COMICALLY INSIGNIFICANT.
2 avoid the chain bit by going dead eye.

if ggg wanted us to play more dead eye the bow kind of sort maybe works for that
but bleed is squarely an assassins game right now especially when voidheart is changed or removed from the game and all those maras and duelists are left out in the cold.

if you want bleed you want assassin because you can do poison at the same time. you dont need 100% bleed chance because bleeds last much longer than poison stacks anyway so getting the easy what 60% bleed chance from assassin and the tree is plenty.

fork is just a bad version of chain... i dont think anyone has used it .... ever ... even before chain existed fork was not really used .

That bow would need to implicitly give fork and force the issue on me before i would put fork in a bow build.

is it just me or do most of these so called super duper high level tier16 map boss uniques seem almost comically underpowered on the surface?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 25, 2016, 2:52:41 PM
I think the real question is one that can't be answered today. After they nerf the crap out of reach, will it still be better?
Censored.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:24:16 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

EDIT: sounds like it's probably getting a damage buff. So let's just wait and see...

Oh boy, so it will be reachable if it does get buffed. D:

Well that does make things interesting, it seemed niche and mostly underwhelming with the posted stats.

so long as they dont have it implicitly chain it will befine.

hell it would probably be fine even if it were to implicitly fork. just because unlike gmp fork is much harder to use and abuse ...

alot of the end game unique seem to have damage values comparable to items that are 5 - 20 levels below them.

i guess ggg is afraid to put top tier weapon uniques in the game .. but then it kind of cheapens the achievment of killing these super bosses if the unique items they drop are basically lioneye's glare level underwhelming.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 25, 2016, 3:06:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info