Hydra bow versus Council bow

Which is better
discuss
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2016, 5:25:42 PM
Its not even a contest.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Make this thread when 2.4 is out. Not sure how much of a nerf Reach will get. Might be a slight one or it might get nuked.

Hydra does open up a lot of potential from Deadeye or even Assassin.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 25, 2016, 1:56:28 AM
As is stands Reach is vastly better. It will be interesting to see following the nerfs though.

The new bow is basically just cute, IMO. What all those mods translate to is basically more damage, but only very small amounts (especially since Pierce Support gives a damage buff so you don't even gain much by dropping it), vs Reach's effective 8L AND much higher base damage. I expect it to be outclassed by a similarly pricey rare Harbinger for basically any build.

EDIT: sounds like it's probably getting a damage buff. So let's just wait and see...
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 25, 2016, 2:35:28 AM
Yeah im with John, current state, not as powerful as Reach. After 2.4 when Reach is nerfed itll likely be on par or better though in my opinion.

Plus if someone makes a Rigwalds Quills card thats pretty insane.

Drillneck gives you 100% increased damage with 100% pierce change, however Rigwalds gives you free fork AND 50% increased damage. This means you get 50% increased damage ontop of one less damage modifier from a fork gem, which makes room for 1 more damage gem.

Correct me if im wrong by all means.

Edit - Well you can get the quiver in a new league already actually with the Wolf card, forgot about that.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 25, 2016, 2:04:14 AM
Free 100% chance to cause bleed, meaning massive amount of 100% more poison proqs from assasin and all of the other aoe madness.

Yeah....

Meanwhile in melee land. . .
Spoiler
15% chance to flee \o/

Maybe it's a hidden message from GGG to flee away from melee?

also lol at the quick response that the damage will likely be higher.

Mechanically interesting for sure, but didn't need to be on a harbinger bow to offset the potential synergy's.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Free 100% chance to cause bleed, meaning massive amount of 100% more poison proqs from assasin and all of the other aoe madness.

Yeah....

Meanwhile in melee land. . .
Spoiler
15% chance to flee \o/

Maybe it's a hidden message from GGG to flee away from melee?

also lol at the quick response that the damage will likely be higher.

Mechanically interesting for sure, but didn't need to be on a harbinger bow to offset the potential synergy's.

Peace,

-Boem-
Good point, drop Deadeye, go Assassin, pick up chain. Itd probably be worth it over Deadeye actually especially if you use something like Snakebites to poison. You could use the poison gem as well though.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
^If it was not on a harbinger, making it stupid easy to crit cap i wouldn't even mind.

We have other bases available that would off-set the potential of this bow forcing more investment to build around it.

Now it's just "go assasin and pew pew for win"

50% chance to poison with fatal toxins and easy crit cap + 100% more poison damage and double dipping from being projectile based to down bosses in a few seconds and ALL THE AOE COVERAGE YOU COULD EVER WANT WITH A CHERRY ON TOP.

This bow is stupid for AOE clear even compared to reach.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
viperesque wrote:

EDIT: sounds like it's probably getting a damage buff. So let's just wait and see...

Oh boy, so it will be reachable if it does get buffed. D:
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 25, 2016, 3:21:19 AM
one of the new leagues i wanted to play something different than ranger ...

eagerly waiting for the other reveals...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info