"Conqueror" + "Worthy Foe" and totems

How do these interact? Do totems inherit my on hit effects? Is Decoy Totems taunt improved?

Thanks!
Perception is reality.
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2017, 11:20:30 AM
Conqueror will give your totems "25% chance to Taunt on Hit". Enemies they taunt will be taunted by the totem, not you. It won't help Decoy totem since decoy totem doesn't hit.

Since the totems are taunting, not you, then you won't get these benefits:
6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently
1% of Life Regenerated per second if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently

The totems won't get them either, since they are defensive stats.

I don't know how Worthy Foe interacts with Totems.* If it does work with totems, then yes it will also work with decoy totem.

Conqueror and Worthy Foe will interact together fine if you are the one taunting the enemies. (Even if you use a Warcry or another source of taunts). All of the bonuses will apply.

----------------------
*PS: I'm starting to agree with raics' point about how things should only say 'you' if they specifically apply to you and not your totems.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The totems won't get them either, since they are defensive stats.

It should actually affect the totems. Totems can obtain defensive stats, they need to obtain them themselves. Totems can have endurance charges but can't and won't receive them from the player...

As for Worthy foe, based on the fact that skills cast by the totem are affected by all modifiers affecting the player, both benefits provided should work.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 24, 2016, 11:41:17 PM
"
Totems can obtain defensive stats, they need to obtain them themselves.

Which is to say, not from your Passives (unless explicitly mentioned otherwise). If you have permanent Fort, your Totems do not. Your Increased Life does not apply to Totems. Similarly, Conqueror's defence bonuses won't apply to Totems. Worthy Foe is a toss-up.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 25, 2016, 7:12:34 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Totems can obtain defensive stats, they need to obtain them themselves.

Which is to say, not from your Passives (unless explicitly mentioned otherwise). If you have permanent Fort, your Totems do not. Your Increased Life does not apply to Totems. Similarly, Conqueror's defense bonuses won't apply to Totems. Worthy Foe is a toss-up.

I know not from your passives ... but the defensive stats on those passives are obtained conditional to an action being performed.

If the action is performed by the totem, can it not obtain those stats ?

An % increased life node is not the same as a gain X if you perform Y (similar to Conqueror)
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 25, 2016, 12:24:34 PM
"
I know not from your passives ... but the defensive stats on those passives are obtained conditional to an action being performed.

If the action is performed by the totem, can it not obtain those stats ?

An % increased life node is not the same as a gain X if you perform Y (similar to Conqueror)

I don't see why it would be able to get your defensive stats, even if they are conditional. For example:

Blinding Assault gives:
25% chance to create a Smoke Cloud when Hit
Should that apply to totems?

Quartz Infusion gives:
You have Phasing while at maximum Frenzy Charges
Since totems are always at maximum Frenzy charges, does that mean they should always have phasing? And then Avatar of the Veil gives:
Immune to Elemental Status Ailments while Phasing
Would these two combined mean your totems are immune to Elemental Status Ailments?

It's an non defense stat that provides defensive stats. An action the totem can do that is not defensive on its own.

Is it confirmed that BA's when hit doesn't work with totems ? But this is a defensive stat initially (when it) so I would agree it doesn't work ... As for max frenzy charges, totems max frenzy charges are zero doesn't mean they are considered to be at max for that purpose, and likely not ... which again is a totally different thing from conqueror
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 26, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
Players are considered to be at max Frenzy charges if they have 0 max frenzy charges, I don't think it would be different for Totems. I don't know if there is a way to test it though.

I would think all conditional passives worked the same way, but perhaps there is something special about defensive passives that are conditional on you having done something offensive (eg: taunted an enemy).
For example, do you know if the Ascendant's "Champion" Passive grants the "10% chance to Fortify on Melee hit" bonus to Ancestral totems as well? If it does, that is a good argument for the Conqueror bonuses applying too.
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 26, 2016, 1:52:39 AM
On-Hit bonuses are implicitly offensive, because they are part of your Skills (all your Attacks gain 10% Fort on Hit - your Totems use your Attacks). They're quite different from a conditional trigger.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 26, 2016, 6:11:45 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Players are considered to be at max Frenzy charges if they have 0 max frenzy charges, I don't think it would be different for Totems.

Now that I think of this you are right on that statement. However it wouldn't work since it is an ''offensive stat'' that needs to be on the player to affect the totem. Similar to how auras work with totems ...

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
10% chance to Fortify on Melee hit" bonus to Ancestral totems as well? If it does, that is a good argument for the Conqueror bonuses applying too.

Yes that works for the totem ... This is why I was arguing the conqueror bonuses ... I'm not 100% sure it would work but believe it does ... because totems do get defensive bonuses... they need to perform the actions themselves to get them, contrary to the offensives stats that are applying when the player ''wears'' them. Otherwise everything would double dip with the presence of a totem, hence the reason of this mechanic I suppose ...
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 26, 2016, 9:52:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info