"Conqueror" + "Worthy Foe" and totems

"
Vipermagi wrote:
On-Hit bonuses are implicitly offensive, because they are part of your Skills (all your Attacks gain 10% Fort on Hit - your Totems use your Attacks). They're quite different from a conditional trigger.

Now I have seen it explained this way, I am very convinced you are right.

If Conqueror said:

"Gain 6% reduced Damage taken for 4s when you taunt an enemy
Gain 1% of Life Regenerated per second for 4s when you taunt an enemy"

Then it would work with totems. But since it says:

"6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently
1% of Life Regenerated per second if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently"

It is not a property of your attacks, so it won't work for totems.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
He was talking about the on-hit mechanic being implicitly offensive which it is obviously. Has nothing to do with the wording that comes after the "action", on hit, or in this case "taunting". The question remains wether or not taunting by a totem is a "valid" action for it to receive bonuses.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 27, 2016, 8:38:36 AM
"
He was talking about the on-hit mechanic being implicitly offensive which it is obviously. Has nothing to do with the wording that comes after the "action", on hit, or in this case "taunting". The question remains wether or not taunting by a totem is a "valid" action for it to receive bonuses.

Because your totems are not "you", they are just proxies for your attacks/spells or in case of Decoy Totem they are a separate entity that uses it's own skill.

So when Conqueror says "25% chance to Taunt on Hit" (notice no "you"), it's just a property of your Hits now, and attack/spell totems inherit those. Other stuff in Conqueror says "you" and is not a property of your hits, thus your totems have no way to gain benefits from it.

There's also no such thing as "action", there's skill usage or casting spells and all the cases (that I can think of) where it matters specify "you", so totems and traps won't benefit from them. Pretty sure there's going to be at least one weird exception that I missed, though.
By "action" I meant skill usage, a hit, a taunt, etc. If the mechanic doesn't go outside of what you called property of your hits then ok.

Totems aren't you, but benefits from offensive stats (even with the word you) when it's a property of your hits/damage. So if we say conqueror's 2nd and 3rd mods doesnt work, it's because we make a conclusion that Taunting is not in that category (property of your hits). Killing is also not in this category (i.e Pursuit of faith from hierophant specify you or your totems, or also LGoK). This is when the ''you'' becomes important.

If that's the case, we could also positively conclude that Worthy foe doesn't work with totems.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 27, 2016, 12:50:21 PM
"
By "action" I meant skill usage, a hit, a taunt, etc. If the mechanic doesn't go outside of what you called property of your hits then ok.

Totems aren't you, but benefits from offensive stats (even with the word you) when it's a property of your hits/damage. So if we say conqueror's 2nd and 3rd mods doesnt work, it's because we make a conclusion that Taunting is not in that category (property of your hits).

No. Firstly, you should say "active skills" instead of "hits/damage". Taunting skills often don't hit or deal damage.

Secondly, "6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently" isn't a property of your taunts or of any active skill. It's just a conditional defensive stat you have. It checks to see if you have taunted an enemy recently, then gives you the bonus if it has. It doesn't add anything to your taunting skills.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
No. Firstly, you should say "active skills" instead of "hits/damage". Taunting skills often don't hit or deal damage.

I was using the term used by PaperRat which seems well picked. ''property of your hits''. It appears to be a proper term when referring to what totems can inherit from the character.

So that's exactly what I was saying, that taunting is NOT part of it ... Sry if it wasn't clear enough.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Secondly, "6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently" isn't a property of your taunts or of any active skill. It's just a conditional defensive stat you have. It checks to see if you have taunted an enemy recently, then gives you the bonus if it has. It doesn't add anything to your taunting skills.

I understand it more this way -> since Taunting isn't a ''property of your hits'' then your totem doesn't benefit from it unless mentioned otherwise. In this case it says ''you'' only, therefore totem won't get the buff. (good examples are Hierophant Pursuit of faith and Chieftain, Ramako sun's light) !

It then clarify the situation of Worthy foe, It won't work with totems !
"
I understand it more this way

Actually, you understand it less that way. Because its incorrect. :P

If totems taunt then they will inherit the properties of the active skill they used to taunt. Decoy totem, for eg, will get an AoE increase if you have increased AoE passive nodes.
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 27, 2016, 8:37:30 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

If Conqueror said:

"Gain 6% reduced Damage taken for 4s when you taunt an enemy
Gain 1% of Life Regenerated per second for 4s when you taunt an enemy"

Then it would work with totems. But since it says:

"6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently
1% of Life Regenerated per second if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently"

It is not a property of your attacks, so it won't work for totems..

That's also incorrect as the wording in both cases wouldn't cut the difference between work and don't work ...

The ''you'' is what makes the difference here in a case where the property is defensive ... Same thing goes for temporary properties gained on kill, and stipulating the same goes for taunt now.

You even said it yourself that ''It is not a property of your attacks so it won't work ''...

Anyway I think I got it, whether I'm able to articulate it properly is another thing :P. English is not my first language although I am very comfortable ...
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 27, 2016, 10:01:16 PM
Has this been made clear yet?
i wish staff would answer if worthy foe does indeed affect totems that are doing the taunting,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info