Is it even worth doing anymore?

Chaos & Regal recipes in standard league. I figured that the constant drop of chaos and regal orb values in standard and increasing clear speed just makes it not feasible to do any chaos or regal recipes any more. You can sell all those set rares for like 4-5 alterations which is half of the amount you'd get for a recipe. That would be ok, but you also need more time to assemble the set, manage your stash etc. It's just not worth it. In the same amount of time you might as well just run another map and get much more currency and other loot instead.

Please, share your thoughts about this.

Thanks.

ZLOJ
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2016, 3:27:00 PM
"
ZL0J wrote:
Chaos & Regal recipes in standard league. I figured that the constant drop of chaos and regal orb values in standard and increasing clear speed just makes it not feasible to do any chaos or regal recipes any more. You can sell all those set rares for like 4-5 alterations which is half of the amount you'd get for a recipe. That would be ok, but you also need more time to assemble the set, manage your stash etc. It's just not worth it. In the same amount of time you might as well just run another map and get much more currency and other loot instead.

Thanks.

ZLOJ

I don't play standard but in Hc I'll toss crap into a few tabs and combine them into sets when the mapping session is over or if the map leader is busy for a few minutes preparing a map. If you are soloing, do whatever you want.
"
"
ZL0J wrote:

Thanks.

ZLOJ

I don't play standard but in Hc I'll toss crap into a few tabs and combine them into sets when the mapping session is over or if the map leader is busy for a few minutes preparing a map. If you are soloing, do whatever you want.

Thanks, forgot that you can do maps in parties since I never do.
Absolutely not after you obtain a decent level of wealth. You will find more net income simply by ignoring the recipe and clearing really fast. On the same note, 99% of rare bases are not worth picking up.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 20, 2016, 4:43:06 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Absolutely not after you obtain a decent level of wealth. You will find more net income simply by ignoring the recipe and clearing really fast. On the same note, 99% of rare bases are not worth picking up.

Thanks for another good share. I do have all the low level or just plain bad / worthless bases manually filtered out.
In standard? Fuck no lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
If you truly want to maximize how much wealth you get.. then yeah skipping it is better. Keep chaining maps together quicker will net you more.

That being said, I still do it. I like something that is guaranteed. Something I can work towards. People say the more you farm, the more chances an exalt will drop. But I never see them. So it's more of a personal thing for me.
Yes its how i make most of my money. Regal recipe especially, regaling jewels is OPie OP.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Aug 20, 2016, 5:31:24 PM
Sounds like you're at the stage where you really don't even need to trade anymore, except on a whim. Unless you have fun doing it, it's time to just play with the stuff you have.
If you take the time to vendor for alts you might as well. Dont seek to complete the recipe, but when you go to vendor and you already have most of the different items you need you might as well. Thats what I do and it happens relatively often. But I am not a best base or leave on ground type of guy either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info