[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

Ok guys, help me with Master Surgeon vs Veteran Bowyer:

10% of physical damage to a random element (assuming not fire) isnt a big deal right? 10% ele pen I assume is nice, and burning enemies grant 100% more charges (double the amount you would get right?) isn't very relevant? There is the downside of -damage if it goes to fire, which I assume is relevant.

Now master surgeon... 30% increased life recovery, how good is this? For now I'm getting by fine using only 1 life flask to remove bleeding, so dunno about this bonus. And 10% chance to recover a charge on crit... I can't really measure how good this is.

And there is 10% increased attack damage (works for EA right?) vs 8% increased flask duration. Which one is better? My damage looks good enough as is, but I'm new to poe :D
"
saitotake wrote:
Ok guys, help me with Master Surgeon vs Veteran Bowyer:

10% of physical damage to a random element (assuming not fire) isnt a big deal right? 10% ele pen I assume is nice, and burning enemies grant 100% more charges (double the amount you would get right?) isn't very relevant? There is the downside of -damage if it goes to fire, which I assume is relevant.

Now master surgeon... 30% increased life recovery, how good is this? For now I'm getting by fine using only 1 life flask to remove bleeding, so dunno about this bonus. And 10% chance to recover a charge on crit... I can't really measure how good this is.

And there is 10% increased attack damage (works for EA right?) vs 8% increased flask duration. Which one is better? My damage looks good enough as is, but I'm new to poe :D

Veteran bowyer was annoying for me against single target enemies, and pack clearing isn't a big deal once you get up in damage. The attack damage DOES NOT work for EA. The life recovery isn't that big of a deal, the bleed removal isn't necessary but if you end up running lots of unique flasks it's nice. I really just didn't like veteran bowyer's random chance to give bosses +50% fire resistance while I'm continuously attacking. You're welcome to use it if you want though.
Hello, i m playing on ESC. There are currently no +1 Arrow Quill on POETrade.

I was thinking of self Vaal'ing one and use Vori to 6soc and 6L it.

it will cost abt 35-40ex...

OR

just Buy 6L Quil at 8ex and Vaaling them.

Which is the better way to get it..? I am not sure abt the chance to get the corruption. Anyone with experience?
Vaal Temple - been trying to kill this ***tch.. she killed me. Way to much dmg to deal with. Did u try to kill her(the boss)?
Hi, I'm 92 level and followed most of this build but still don't get how to get enough damage to kill Shaper or guardians with ugly mods - (NOTE: T15 or below maps are NOT a problem). Is there any item for me to upgrade or overall what's missing? My jewels are pretty good too, most with Fire dmg%,life%,proj dmg%, resistances.

My gear:

Note: helmet gems are usually swapped occasionally.
P.S. Shaper first stages are fine until it comes to the last one; I just feel like I need to dodge too much having no time to attack and eventually just make a mistake and die.
Hello world.
"
Xafniko wrote:
Hello, i m playing on ESC. There are currently no +1 Arrow Quill on POETrade.

I was thinking of self Vaal'ing one and use Vori to 6soc and 6L it.

it will cost abt 35-40ex...

OR

just Buy 6L Quil at 8ex and Vaaling them.

Which is the better way to get it..? I am not sure abt the chance to get the corruption. Anyone with experience?

Never tried either, personally I would rather have a culling strike one than extra arrow one though if I ever had the choice

"
Vaal Temple - been trying to kill this ***tch.. she killed me. Way to much dmg to deal with. Did u try to kill her(the boss)?

haven't gotten the map this league, but the general strategy is burn the rainmaker first, then the dual striker fire guy. they should go down quick to an ignite. the cyclone guy won't be iginitable, but the ads that spawn from the other 2 will give you permanant flasks. use decoy totem to get him to a wall and use either dying sun or a gmp set up to take him down.

"
Hi, I'm 92 level and followed most of this build but still don't get how to get enough damage to kill Shaper or guardians with ugly mods - (NOTE: T15 or below maps are NOT a problem). Is there any item for me to upgrade or overall what's missing? My jewels are pretty good too, most with Fire dmg%,life%,proj dmg%, resistances.

geez your gear is way better than mine and I haven't gotten to the shaper yet. I haven't tried guardians with tough mods I don't have guardian maps to just throw around and I was waiting for a buddy to unlock them for both of us but things keep getting in the way.

I don't know if the issue is that you don't do enough damage at shaper or you have trouble dodging and it's a matter of practice. I haven't tried it myself

As far as min maxing your damage since you're in the higher end of gear. First is that your coloring for your bow the whole time? in that case you need 2 blue to have both conc and chance to ignite, they're a bigger priority than empower/slower proj/less duration. Second you can start removing 5% life nodes and try and get more jewel nodes.

Get culling strike somewhere for last phase of tough fights, I have it on my blink arrow and golem but. Get fire golem for extra damage if your regen is fine. or corrupt quill rains for it if you're rich

try and get boots with the 10% peneteration if you haven't killed recently and craft them.

Since you have dying sun you can use frenzy for cursing instead of rain of arrows.

And if all else fails, try and get 10 jewel slots and get grand spectrum jewels I guess.

I am using now Frenzy 20/20. Got 8.2k life and it's so precious to me that I don't wanna lose 500 hp. Near Scion EE area there are 4 Elemental Damage nodes which I am thinking of taking and I would say Conc. effect is not needed unless you fight ignite immune enemy like Argus. Will change for more dmg and less life, will see how it goes.
Hello world.
"
XNOTE wrote:
I am using now Frenzy 20/20. Got 8.2k life and it's so precious to me that I don't wanna lose 500 hp. Near Scion EE area there are 4 Elemental Damage nodes which I am thinking of taking and I would say Conc. effect is not needed unless you fight ignite immune enemy like Argus. Will change for more dmg and less life, will see how it goes.

conc effect is a 59% more multiplier that double dips on burning. empower 4 is a 40% more multiplier that doesn't double dip. it is a better damage gem. if you're thinking of ele focus for things like argus then you drop chance to ignite in that situation.
Last edited by dingis on Oct 16, 2016, 12:28:27 PM
Vaal temple got rolled with Vul-mod. Took down small ones, bu the last boss with range-quil attack pierced me down.

The rest of bossed are just fine. Didnt fight guardians just yet. Rly rare case of dropping 13+map.

How much dmg is 10% elem penetration enchant on boots? is it rly strong thing?

Grand Spectrum ? what is that ?

So far I figured out that to play EA char u need around 7.5k for safe and smooth gaming.
6.5k gets shoted from time to time.
"
iwonderwice wrote:
Vaal temple got rolled with Vul-mod. Took down small ones, bu the last boss with range-quil attack pierced me down.

The rest of bossed are just fine. Didnt fight guardians just yet. Rly rare case of dropping 13+map.

How much dmg is 10% elem penetration enchant on boots? is it rly strong thing?

Grand Spectrum ? what is that ?

So far I figured out that to play EA char u need around 7.5k for safe and smooth gaming.
6.5k gets shoted from time to time.

In vaal temple you can ignite 2 bosses and kill them, the last boss will be ignite immune when you kill other 2. so leave the cylone guy for last. Kill the ranged one first, then the fire guy, and then you can run away from the last one and use decoy totem and and use overlap on the wall.

Peneteration is good for high res targets. It's just added damage against bosses that don't have ads.
there's nothing else that gives you damage on boots, the only other good enchant is the leech enchant.

Grand spectrum
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Grand_Spectrum

if you get 10 of the viridian one (5% ele damage for each grand spectrum you have)
you'll get 500% ele damage total (each jewel gets 5x10 so 50 ele damage x10 jewels) at 11 you'll have 605% ele damage, at 12 you have 720%.

It's a lot of damage but you need a lot of jewels to get it working. Basically just get life and jewel sockets to get it working properly. They're also expensive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info