Enchantments for totems?

I have a dual shockwave totem ancestral bond templar. I am wondering which enchantments that would actually work well or work at all.

1. Do all these 'cast commandment of x on kill' work since it is the totems killing stuff?
It says on wiki: Players are always credited for kills even if they were made by summoned minions, totems and so forth. So they should work?

2. I guess all the 'cast commandment of x on hit' enchantments do not work. They require the player hitting stuff not totems?

3. How long is the duration of the life/mana regen on this enchantment?

4. For the boot enchantment Adds 45-68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently and others like that. Does this work for totems? Is it added as spell damage? What is the duration?
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 8, 2016, 4:51:14 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 12:21:19 PM
1. The Totem gets the kill, the Totem triggers the on-Kill bonuses. They use your offensive stats, so if you have Life on Kill, the Totems recover Life when they kill a thing.
The wiki quote is mostly relevant for item drops and exp.

1/2. However, glove Enchants are ~special~. They're not transferrable to Totems/etc, probably because they're an actual Skill that you have by virtue of having the gloves equipped - quite like Curse on Hit in that regard.

3. Recently = 4 seconds.

e; 4. It works for Totems. It's added to all Damage. It does not get removed if your Totems kill stuff. It's pretty sweet
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 8, 2016, 5:33:32 PM
5. So any on kill and on hit enchantments do not work with totems at all? Is this correct? That is quite a lot of enchantments that do not work if that is the case.

6. Does Cast Commandment of the Grave when your Skills or Minions Kill work with totems? It sounds like it would work.

4. I need to return to this question. You say
"
It does not get removed if your Totems kill stuff. It's pretty sweet
What do you mean by this? Did you mean to say: it does not get removed if your totems don't kill stuff.

Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 8, 2016, 5:51:47 PM
5. You can still trigger them yourself, but, yes.

6. Totems are not Minions.

4. You don't lose the Damage bonus through Totem/Trap/Mine kills, because it's a bonus that you have, but it's your Totems/etc. that're getting the on-Kill triggers. The opposite of Heralds, kinda.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 8, 2016, 5:52:18 PM
4. I think Vipermagi was thinking of a different boot enchant

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_boot_enchantment_mods

"

Adds 1-160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently
Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently

Those boot enchantments will essentially give you permanent +80.5 lightning DPH or permanent 10% all-element-penetration if you use Totems.

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Aug 8, 2016, 6:12:08 PM
"
adghar wrote:
4. I think Vipermagi was thinking of a different boot enchant

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_boot_enchantment_mods

"

Adds 1-160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently
Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently

Those boot enchantments will essentially give you permanent +80.5 lightning DPH or permanent 10% all-element-penetration if you use Totems.

That's clever use of an enchantment. Is that 1-160 damage modified by spell/elemental damage/area damage/projectile modifiers or added ontop of whatever skill is used? Is it the same as adds #-# lightning damage to spells mod that can be found on daggers and wands?
Whoops yeah wrong Enchantment on my part.

Flat Damage is flat Damage, it all works the same.
Thanks for all the help.

On question 4. For future users reading this. Adds 45-68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently. This one will not work. But the opposite one as mentioned will. If i understand all this correctly.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 8, 2016, 8:43:15 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Thanks for all the help.

On question 4. For future users reading this. Adds 45-68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently. This one will not work. But the opposite one as mentioned will. If i understand all this correctly.

That's true.

Note though that sometimes DoT damage caused by totems incorrectly counts as a kill for the player. So make sure you aren't using a DoT skill on your totems if you want to be sure.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
Thanks for all the help.

That's true.

Note though that sometimes DoT damage caused by totems incorrectly counts as a kill for the player. So make sure you aren't using a DoT skill on your totems if you want to be sure.

That is easier said than done. All my fire damage ignite on every crit :(
Is that why herald of thunder sometimes triggers? I seem to recall that being the case of that. It shouldn't be able to.

Edit: It doesn't matter so much. That anomaly doesn't happen too often.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 8, 2016, 10:05:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info