Enchantments for totems?

This should work well for my inquisitor's shockwave totems.

Edit: After testing this does not seem to work. I get the 1-160 damage when i have made no kills recently but as soon as i kill something i lose the lightning damage. So i don't know about this one. Doesn't seem to work the way i though it would.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 27, 2016, 9:05:01 PM
I'm trying to figure this out as well.
As said before, beware of the bug that gives you the kill (DoT, ignite etc)
I changed my occulist build to SWT with poison, and got a lot of triggers like es regen, sometimes stacked as high as 20+.
Added fire and friends are too good to pass usually and you always have 5% crit chance.
So in my case I pulsed (2 totems * 4.xx casts per second) which meant with a good clear speed that you lose the bonus most of the time.

Just grab some defensive ones and focus on the helm enchantment you want.
Hopefully they fix this bug someday.

I will do a SWT build next league.
Pondering between "sucking poison black hole" (reverse knock-back + poison) or max crit + high multiplier from Assassin.
The first is more fun, bosses bouncing between your totems while you can stand and watch, the last one has some proven build threads.
If a monster dies from dot even if it comes from the totems it counts as a player kill? Is this correct?

Are you saying this is why my 1-160 lightning damage on the boots disappears after killing a monster?

I am playing a crit shockwave totem inquisitor this league. Can recommend it. It's got very few weaknesses. One being bosses like crematorium where the firestorms insta kill all totems. But it's cheap and extremely powerful endgame.

Reverse knockback. That's only available via the unique gloves? Gloves is a good spot for damage. Not sure i wanna give up facebreakers or maligaro in that spot.

Here's my stuff
Spoiler
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 28, 2016, 10:44:08 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
If a monster dies from dot even if it comes from the totems it counts as a player kill? Is this correct?

Yep. It's a fairly well-exploited bug-by-design.

The reason it exists is due to a different bug!
When a monster dies to Damage over Time, and the source of the DoT is gone, the monster just drops nothing instead. There is "nothing" to give loot to, after all. This is exceedingly prevalent with Traps and Mines of course, but can (and did) also happen with Totems.
To prevent this bug, all DoT kills are assigned to the player, as opposed to the "true source". As such, the player can get kill credit from proxy kills.

--------
Reverse Knockback is exclusive to Empire's Grasp, yeah.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 28, 2016, 11:58:05 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Yep. It's a fairly well-exploited bug-by-design.

The reason it exists is due to a different bug!
When a monster dies to Damage over Time, and the source of the DoT is gone, the monster just drops nothing instead. There is "nothing" to give loot to, after all. This is exceedingly prevalent with Traps and Mines of course, but can (and did) also happen with Totems.
To prevent this bug, all DoT kills are assigned to the player, as opposed to the "true source". As such, the player can get kill credit from proxy kills.

--------
Reverse Knockback is exclusive to Empire's Grasp, yeah.

I see. Thanks for explaining all that. Good to know.

In my case with shockwave totems, does this anomaly only occur if i resummon a totem before it kills the monsters via regular hit damage?

As long as the totem is up for the kill it should recieve "credit" for the kill yes?
DoT kills are always assigned to you, not just when the source is gone. It's supposed to be temporary, so they probably didn't want to invest in making it very specific like that :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
DoT kills are always assigned to you, not just when the source is gone. It's supposed to be temporary, so they probably didn't want to invest in making it very specific like that :P

Ahh i understand it now. Thanks a lot for your help again.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 29, 2016, 12:21:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info