"
Ridelith wrote:
People are complaining about these topics mainly:

- EXP nerf
- Labyrinth
- Performance Issues
- Permanent leagues neglection
- Clear Speed Meta/Power Creep

add "mtx handling" to that list, for pure selfish reasons.
it's almost like ggg wan't to protect us from overspending but that doesn't really work, just got the prophecy pack cause i enjoy the game alot.

"
VoxRex wrote:

I'm really worried by what seems to be growing disappointment in the game from the community.

Why is it so? What has changed in your opinion? What made (if made) the game worse? Is said disappointment actually present or is it just typical internet whining?

since the game started players periodically ran shitstorms over the forums to change mechanics to their personal advantage or liking. nothing new, really. and it's their right to do so.

thing is: many voices that once countered this campaigning and tried to see possible improvements from the game's health point of view have gone silent for individual reasons.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Ridelith wrote:
People are complaining about these topics mainly:

- EXP nerf
- Labyrinth
- Performance Issues
- Permanent leagues neglection
- Clear Speed Meta/Power Creep

-^ Exactly that.

Short, sweet, simple, to the point and true.

Thank you.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
To me, the greatest issue right now is the experience loss on death. I would like GGG to work on it to make a more up-to-date penalty, rather than the antique one we have right now.
There will always be crying. As Dialla says, "tears are infinite" and so are reasons to cry.
A lot of people play(ed) for a long time, so long they got bored, but cant admit it because they still love the game and cant really imagine not playing it.
So what they do is blame changes for their inability to enjoy.

Of course many posts bring up concerns, often justified so, just hard to tell a difference.

I might have gone a tad more dramatic that I wanted.

For me leveling a char up to transition lvl got too stale, so I'm taking a brake.
"
MrokPandy wrote:
A lot of people play(ed) for a long time, so long they got bored, but cant admit it because they still love the game and cant really imagine not playing it.
So what they do is blame changes for their inability to enjoy.

Of course many posts bring up concerns, often justified so, just hard to tell a difference.

I might have gone a tad more dramatic that I wanted.

For me leveling a char up to transition lvl got too stale, so I'm taking a brake.

to be fair burn outs do happen , but that is not what they are upset about . the real issue is the change in direction of the game's development and the constant meta shifts that can see whole characters ruined.

that is what alot of the older players get frustrated with. The idea that despite the game being called finished. it makes sweeping changes on the level of what you would expect in a beta or even an alpha.

for example take blood magic.

there was a time where blood magic was the bread and butter of life based attack builds. but as soon as they changed auras to % based every attack base blood magic build went from reserving maybe 10% of their life to 85% in many cases.

the life based blood magic build that actually uses the blood magic key stone is pretty much a dead concept. and that destroyed an entire play style. (and makes you wonder why the hell the key stone is where it is)

now if you want blood magic. you either use a unique that provides it in some controlled way (like hezmana) you use the gem ( this has fallen out of favor) or you go low life aura bot. which is es based.

it makes you wonder why blood magic is even in the strength side of the tree because no strength build i know presently would even think about using the blood magic key stone.

Hell not even key low life builds use it anymore. they all just use prism guard to reserve their three most expensive aura's and call it a day because even to them the 15+ passive node tax is not worth mortal conviction.

That is what pisses people off.

you cant trust anything to be safe anymore. your investments can be obliterated and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 25, 2016, 12:34:57 PM
Short term for me: prophecy league itself was/is dull and added more performance issues and game crashes while barely adding any new skills to build around.

Long term for me: ranged/melee is just completely skewed with melee having 1 or 2 decent skills and the rest just feeling like clunky outdated pieces of crap. Shop prices are utterly insane: €40 for what amounts to a decent looking outfit for your character?! They also frequently release RNG boxes in the shop. Other companies get so much hate for those last two things (pricing, boxes) and yet here, people think GGG is the patron saint of ARPGs so I hardly see anyone talk about it.

edit: Reminded from a post on reddit - they barely use the alpha realm and feedback at all so questionable stuff always makes it into the game, whether it's underwhelming, backtracking league mechanics or blatantly overpowered put-all-other-options-to-shame uniques. There's simply not enough testing done internally.
Last edited by soulpoetry on Jul 25, 2016, 3:04:06 PM
"
VoxRex wrote:
I have heard plenty of disappointed comments about recent state of the game and that's what interests me.
I haven't really played much any of the Diablo games, but I was always interested in some quality ARPG and found it here and I'm really worried by what seems to be growing disappointment in the game from the community.

This game changed a lot in the past and keeps doing so. Back when D3 got released, GGG took over the hardcore players who wanted a difficult arpg with complex itemization and builds. When the game had enough content for someone to level to 100 it still took months of nolifing. For an average player, mapping means placing a skeleton totem into the next room and shoot the enemies it lures from a safe distance. In beta, many people hoped that the game would get more balanced but similarly hard.

Even in open beta, there was a lot of forum whining. There was at least one thread a day about someone venting about a desync death.

Years of content and power creep later you can now clear the whole screen with one click easily. The game has become much faster, easier and more accessible. It plays much more fluent these days (and is arguably a much better game overall) but the heavy AoE focus chanced the style of the game significantly, not everyone liked that change.

Lately there was another big change of style, the lab. Naturally there comes a lot of internet drama with such a change. If all the lab threads would be merged into one megathread, the forums would look pretty normal, just a bit quiet.
I started this game when shrines were first introducted (Domination league?). Played that league, then more serious in Torment, truly serious in Warbands, and right now even more serious. Though I played on and off, I still watched this game grow over the years, and honestly, right now it's the best it ever was imo.

Is it perfect? No, but no game will ever be perfect. I feel like everything that went bad over the years is more than compensated for by awesome additions to the game. I mean, I've seen these things added to the game since I first installed:

- strongboxes
- the beyond monster system
- tormented spirits
- bloodlines and nemesis mods
- warbands and tempests
- vaal areas and atziri
- forsaken masters and hideouts
- Act 4
- loot filters
- lockstep and the end of desync
- a ton of awesome new skill gems

I can't think of any other game I ever played that improved so much in a few years. This is why I enjoy PoE, and though I will quit again after Prophecy because I never play 2 leagues in a row, I am sure I'll be back again in the future, and I'll once again be amazed at the additions to the game.

Edit: forgot to mention divination cards and the labyrinth. That's what I get for trying to post when I should be sleeping >.<
Last edited by Miathan51 on Jul 25, 2016, 5:40:31 PM
Look at the oldest posts in this forum. On page 2015 (at 30 threads a page puts it 60,000+ topics ago), I see topics about : hardcore, crafting, target dummies, auction house/trading, respec, offline play, to name a few. Those same topics are still posted about today. The difference is the old posts weren't complaints yet because those things were not developed yet. But people have had opinions from the start on how the game should be. When the game is made differently, those opinions go from being suggestions to being complaints.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 25, 2016, 6:37:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info