Spellcaster mana problems

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:
Elreon jewelry is quite handy, since it effects the base cost of the spell BEFORE multipliers.

Nope, it affects the cost of the spell *after* multipliers, not before. Test it out yourself.

^truth
I believe it used to affect the base cost but it was changed quite a while ago. It was simply too strong before the change.
Ah, still pretty strong though.
HAIL SATAN!
Currently I am running 2 elreon rings, clarity and also rallying cry. I am barely sustaining.

I plan to drop the elreon rings since it's hard to find decent ones and they don't entirely solve mana costs. When having 50-60 mana cost per cast, -16 is not that much.

If I run Warlord's I have to give up Assassin's Mark and have to use PCoC in the links. Blasphemy is not ideal on a build the doesn't scale AoE. Tried it and if mobs are not in my face I am not cursing them.

A staff is not very good since I need 2 daggers to cap the crit because I am heavily relying on crits with Inquisitor. Without dagger I would have 20-24 less crit. This means roughly having ~60% crit with a staff with 6 power charges. Then where do I get another 20+ crit? In this case a Pledge of Hands could be used.

It seems that my only option is mana regen maybe with elreon rings.
Why not just take deep thoughts for 2 points? That's a 28% inc mana, with 20% inc mana regen. Allows you greater room to run a higher level clarity, and gives a generally huge boost in mana regen. Could additionally take the "mana regen + life" and "mana and life" nodes next to the templar start. 2 points for 14 + 5% hp, 5% mana and 20% mana regen isn't bad either.
If you are a templar why not just grab the extra curse node, so you can use Warlock and Assassins. They both give things you really seem to need (leech and P charges) and the extra work of getting a curse on hit setup may be less than what you would need to sustain your mana. Not counting the massive life leech bonus and endurance charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info