GhazzyTV - Beginner's Build: Lich Queen Skeleton Summoner [AWAKENER FARMABLE]

"
Just curious on what you think about the new 90+% increased minion dmg sceptre replacing brightbeak? is it worth getting although the highest roll is like 30% i think. Thanks for your input and for the advice, managed to progress quite smoothly albeit slow since i'm not that efficient.

Basically the incursion items with atk speed replaces Scourge without a doubt, however it is hard to compete with the clear speed improvement from Brightbeak by granting more damage once you get a 6L and have your gear/lvls sorted. However, it is absolutely a great option which is easily competing with the BB. I would personally chose BB unless the atk speed was like 25%+ then I'd strongly consider it.

"
faytte wrote:
Is 'From Dust' Really necessary? Seems like you give up a whole jewel slot just to cast skeletons 1 less time every 30-35 seconds, and the cast time on skeletons is pretty small.

A few other big factors made me add this to the build:

Skellies are still at risk of dying vs bosses, so by summoning 5 at the time per second allows me to put 5 infront, 5 behind and the risk of loosing my damage output is significatly dropped. Then again, melee skellies drops bosses insanely fast as well so by not using the jewel it'll take you more than 2 seconds to get your full damage output on the field.

"
Inmarc wrote:
Let me say, it's my first necro build, so I can miss the point.

But I don't see the point in MoS in this build, 20% increased duration isn't much, we have desecrate to recast at will, and the part were it affect us... seems pretry pointless on flesh offering, at least wen summoning mage skeletons, no need for more faster cast; and for movement i shied charge my way.

So i will go for CoD, damange for minion an resist for me too. But MoP seems pretty good for damange, as we recast skeletons often, and the movement speed is always good.

For Auras, i understant the anger/hatred+ generosity, and clarity lvl 1. But whit so mana left i was thinking in MoM for more ehp, but you dont take it. And whit the new vaal gems, and using Vaal Haste, isn't it worht to take some aura nodes and use haste too?

But as i said, i'm new to necro, the first time i played poe, i intended to approch de D2 Necro.. it was a complet disaster, i don't even know how de gems sistem work.
After i tried your ED/Cont build, i know this will work. So far so good. I hope Skeleton Mages works fine end game as i see everybody with melee.

PD: I leveled whit Advocates as Specters, someone tried them on end game? i didnt see any post about them.

The incursion spectres can be great, but without proper information from the poe database it's impossible for me to compare them and give a verdict of which is actually best to use.

Regarding ascendancy choices, it's a matter of taste. MoS is a great clear speed enhancer, we don't use it for anything but the Flesh Offering affecting you.
When running bosses I personally prefer CoD for the sake of easier gearing as well as enhancing the auras for the party.

When it comes to changing the tree it's always a matter of taste, the way I've promoted this build to be played in is the way I'd play it from my own personal preference in terms of playstyle. I've always said that people should see my guides more as guide-lines and do their own thing ^^ Though for newer players or new summoner players I'd recommend following it till you've learnt every detail before heading on to making your own version as summoners are the most complex genre of builds in this game!

"
Faldrath wrote:
Thanks for the build, Ghazzy. Having a ton of fun with melee skellies, and it's laidback enough for my old body. It's nice to just sort out the loot while my little army does the killing.

I do believe that the new weapons with 90%+ increased minion damage are better than Brightbeak these days. For instance...

makes my melee skellie DPS go from 8847 (with Brightbeak) to 11236 according to PoB, and losing 26% attack speed doesn't make that much of a difference. Even Severed in Sleep would amount to 10112 DPS (and that's with no attack speed, of course). And that sceptre cost only 10c!

edit: I do have a question regarding spectres, if I may. I noticed that in the regular build, you use Solar Guards with Spell Echo, but in the high budget one, you use GMP instead. Any particular reason? Or is it just to not have to recolor your helm whenever you switch from Vanguards to Solar Guards?

Hey,

Cheers bro! Reason I started my summoner guides in the first place, many years ago was because I love helping people out and a friend of mine have issues with his wrists so he can't move it too fast too much so a summoner build guide would fit him and many others like him very well :)

Regarding your spectre question;
That's odd, Solar Guards should always use Spell Echo! Where is this so that I can adjust it accordingly?

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
DanielQ wrote:
Is Vis Mortis necessary or can another chest piece work?

Looking at Cloak of Tawm'r Isle for that extra blind support or even one of the new incursion mods on a rare armour piece?

Items dropping identified with Tawm'r Isle and the new "hasmod" filter could be well interesting hunting for scarce items such as tyrannicals. Might take a while before people have lvl 8 masters though. In incursion league that is.

Though you'd lose a spectre for it =/

"
Hi, i would like to show off my variation off this build in 3.3 and hear your thoughts on the concept and suggestions on how to improve it.

3.3 Build Showcase
- 8.7k life
- 111k Shaper dps per skelli
- ele weakness capped, positive chaos ressistance
- 10 Melee Skellis, 3 Solar Guards and an army of Vaal Skellies

This Build is amazingly cheap to start. The expensive part is getting resists over maxed, getting from 7k to 9k hp and the ilvl 82+ ghastly jewels with good rolls. Overall this league gear for this build is pretty cheap.

https://pastebin.com/CSVjNtxJ

Two Generosity Auras
I have both Hatred and Anger linked with Generosity. This is possible by equipping a incursion helm with reduced Mana reserved and taking the Sovereignty wheel. Alternatively you could make it work by taking the Tireless cluster(probably the best option), the Dynamo wheel or if you go for Necromantic Aegis the Leadership wheel.

Pros:
- Big flat damage to every one of the 14 minions.
- All skills can still be spammed, never short on mana

Cons:
- 4 Passive skill points
- Lose the ability to get elder pseudo 6 link
- Unable to run Vitality
- Additional gem slot needed if you run commander of darkness for a clarity lvl1 aura ([generosity+hatred]&Vitality vs [Generosity+Hatred+Ander]&Clarity)
- On no mana regen map mod need to bring a mana flask and deactivate anger, but absolutly all map mods can be run

Belly of the beast
I set out to do a tanky bosser this league. I kinda hoped the Omnitec wouldn't be such a pushover. So i decided to 6link a belly instead of a vis mortis as one additional spectre only helps in clear a little bit. The 20% reduced minion life really hurts skellis and especially vaal skelli damage output in boss fights and incursions. On the flip side we lose Unholy Might :(
A 115 life and 10% max life incursion chest gives almost the same raw HP (8456 vs 8716 with belly on my setup), so if you manage roll a good one of those that is a good alternative.

Where to go from here?
- Get a Brightbeak weapon swap for mapping
- Get a Animate Guardian, mostly for the movement speed from Victario's Flight
- Get AG to maim instead of the skellis maybe with a Taproot or Innsbury to free up one gem slot
- Drop Commander of Darkness and free up the otherwise useless clarity gem slot, skellis probably need to ele ress tough

The biggest reason why i chose to build my necro in this direction is because i don't wan't to switch between tukohamas and SGs all the time. I suspect that a tukohamas + skellis bosser is still better.

What do you think? Do the trade offs seem worth it? How have you adapted your summoners to the new possibiltys in 3.3?
And what are your experiences with all the new Spectres? I love them all visually but had to upgrade my GPU cooling :D Sadly they don't match up to Solar Guards in mapping imho.

It's a very interesting take, however I personally feel that it's sort of niche in a lot of aspects and requires specific items at the same time as you lose some effectiveness in terms of clear speed by not being able to run your pseudo 5-7L Elder helmet for spectres among other things.
Interesting but not something I would run personally. But as stated several times before;
Do your own thing if you prefer, if you enjoy that playstyle more then you've succeeded :D

"
"
Malira wrote:
Quick question, how do i search for a 21/20 vaal skeletons on POE trade?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/6zGEv6FG
poe.trade doesn't work good at the moment, there are no 21/20 listed on ISC

^^^^

"
Malira wrote:
I dont know if this noob tip is worth mentioning in the guide about solar guard spectres, had to discover it on my own for this build.
But to get solar guards more quickly, make sure you turn on in your UI options 'corpse targeting". It allows you to either hold A to show which corpse you're targeting with Raise Spectre, or just make it always show the corpse's name when you hover over.

Second, since you normally remove spell echo when summoning solar guards, put the spell echo in desecrate, go to act 8 Solaris temple where the solar guards are, and desecrate on the ground a few times. Solar guard corpses will pop up in the pile and you don't have to search the entire level for them. Once you summon your maximum, pop the spell echo back in your solar guards link and good to go.

Do believe I'm covering this in the Generic Summoner Mechanic Guide.
My problem is that GGG are limiting the ammount of words I get to use in threads on the website. Needless to say, I'm close to the cap on most of my guides :|

"
Alienbutter wrote:
Hi, playing the Build and having fun atm.
I got a question about the Weapon, since I play SCIncursion and using The Scourge Claw with Tukohama Vanguards.
But the Wolves don‘t get summoned.
As far as I understood, the Degen from Vanguards is attributed as my kill and so the Wolves get summoned.

Is there anything I am missing?

The other Idea was using a Scepter with the Incursion 90% Minion Damage mod.

The kill is counted for the minions not you, they are summoning a totem that they own which is a reflection of them not you which is why you're not summoning wolves.
However, if the burn was dealt by them directly it would reflect over to count as your kill but since it's an external source from an external source it doesn't work.

The Incursion 90%+ min dmg items are insane specially with atk speed making them better than the Scourge claw imo. Though I still prefer Brightbeak for clear speed personally.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:

That's odd, Solar Guards should always use Spell Echo! Where is this so that I can adjust it accordingly?

In the "high budget" PoB from the video, if you click on Skills, then Spectres: Solar Guards, they'll have GMP instead of Spell Echo.
Last edited by Faldrath on Jun 10, 2018, 8:27:43 PM
I don't see anyone with jewels with "minions deal % increased damage" instead it's "increased minion damage if you've used a minions skill recently" Why is that?

Is it because minion skills recently goes to a higher %? And we're always spamming skeletons so the buff is always up?
Last edited by Malira on Jun 10, 2018, 3:02:22 PM
I'm doing the High Budget version of the building.
I'm having some doubt about what to upgrade.
I was thinking of buying a new helmet. Minion Damage + Burning Damage + Other ?
For what Spectre or Zombi + AG ?
And of course the jewels (good elder amulet can be find i think )

I'm hesitating between a good unique bodyu armor (Belly or Vis Mortis) or a good rare Astral ?

What do you think guys ?

"
Faldrath wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

In the "high budget" PoB from the video, if you click on Skills, then Spectres: Solar Guards, they'll have GMP instead of Spell Echo.

Oh good god, you're right!
Here's the fix: https://pastebin.com/KaXaVRJK and it's fixed in the video as well. Thank you!

"
Malira wrote:
I don't see anyone with jewels with "minions deal % increased damage" instead it's "increased minion damage if you've used a minions skill recently" Why is that?

Is it because minion skills recently goes to a higher %? And we're always spamming skeletons so the buff is always up?

Yes, and even in a pure spectre build it's top choice so we use Flesh Offering every 4 seconds but this build keeps it up via offering AND skellies :)

"
DeNylph wrote:
I'm doing the High Budget version of the building.
I'm having some doubt about what to upgrade.
I was thinking of buying a new helmet. Minion Damage + Burning Damage + Other ?
For what Spectre or Zombi + AG ?
And of course the jewels (good elder amulet can be find i think )

I'm hesitating between a good unique bodyu armor (Belly or Vis Mortis) or a good rare Astral ?

What do you think guys ?

Hey,

Changing the helmet for an Elder one with Minion DMG / Conc effect is optimal for Spectres.
Vis Mortis is highly recommended for that extra spectre gain.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey Ghazzy, while I have been aware of this build since Bestiary or so, I haven't actually tried using it until Incursion. I must say, I'm really having a blast! The DPS and ramp-up with this build blows my spectre build (based on your spectre guide) out of the water. I'm feeling confident that, with this amazing league and this build, I may actually have a chance at reaching the Shaper for the first time ever.

I have a couple questions:

1. I'm running the warrior skeleton build and, after a little bit of tweaking on Path of Building, I've reached 160k+ Shaper DPS per skeleton. With ten summoned, I'm looking at 1.6m Shaper DPS. That's amazingly high for a budget build before you consider using vaal summon skeletons, and doesn't sacrifice any survivability. However, I went to look at your mage skeleton build, and the mages aren't putting out nearly as much DPS according to Path of Building (about 1/10 of warriors). Is there something I'm missing such as an unmentioned mechanic, or do mage skeletons not put out as much damage as warriors?

2. What ideal lab enchantments do you recommend? I've gathered up a couple Twice Enchanted prophecies and I'm planning on using them once I get access to uberlab, but I wanted to maybe run through a couple enchantments so I know what to be aiming for. For gloves, I was thinking "Spite" for icy ground or "Reflection" for an extra minion. For boots, either life/mana regen on hit or avoid being stunned on recent kill. For helmet, probably convocation cooldown, shield charge attack speed, or either of the flesh offering enchants. What do you suggest?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jun 13, 2018, 1:41:08 AM
Hi again,

Got my stuff a little upgrade

But i'm having one main problems :
- My animate guardian die a lot (using fortify with shield charge and faster attacks)
He is stupid :D Staying in detonate or rushing on beyond boss to get hurt ! :p

Last edited by DeNylph on Jun 15, 2018, 1:17:15 PM
"
DeNylph wrote:
Hi again,

Got my stuff a little upgrade

But i'm having one main problems :
- My animate guardian die a lot (using fortify with shield charge and faster attacks)
He is stupid :D Staying in detonate or rushing on beyond boss to get hurt ! :p

Hi just a question about your helmet: does the 'socketed gemms are supported by lebel 18 minion damage' works with your lvl 20 minion dmg gem ? Wouldn't another gem be more useful ?
"
JHESS wrote:

Hi just a question about your helmet: does the 'socketed gemms are supported by lebel 18 minion damage' works with your lvl 20 minion dmg gem ? Wouldn't another gem be more useful ?

They don't stack. If you use such a helmet, your links are Spectre-Swift Affliction-Combustion-Elemental Focus for Tukohama's Vanguard, or Spectre-Combustion-Ele Focus-Spell Echo if using Solar Guards.
Isn't GMP better than combustion for clearing ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info