[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

This build is one of the greatest failures, of all the failed builds I've ever failed in PoE. : ]

I wanted to do it because I have a Nets with 25% Extra Barrage Damage on it.. so I thought, welll.. barrage is supposed to be a strong single target, I found your guide saying that it can be used for AoE.. I was like wowsie wow! This is it. Looks clean.. no BS.. you can see what happens, unlike a lot of other builds that clutter the screen with BS..

Well, the sad reality is that it has very insufficient AoE coverage, and no damage at all. Every extra arrow you add only adds a tiny amount of damage to an already completely insignificant 8-10k, that becomes more like 15k with all the frenzies in the world. I'm lvl 89 btw, I did a re-spec. At lvl 89 I need at least 10 times more damage, so I can do red maps.

It has no life. Evasion doesn't matter anyway when a big hit 1 shots you. And it can't even sustain mana.

I still have to lvl up some gems, but I have pretty much quality gems, and pretty high lvl. It also has problems with int, str, and because I'm using a Coil resists are not at all fun to cap.

Truth being told, I didn't copy your skill tree though, it's a variation, that is supposed to have even more power and more life. I'm also using a Glare, not a Voltaxic, and the gems are a bit different, cuz if I would use your setup it would have much less damage, in this context.

I can't double curse, which means I have to chose assassin's mark for leech.. and it doesn't even leech enough, even with vaal pact. And so I can't use temp chains. Simply put, I can't play this game without temp chains.

Oh, and a small thing.. I just realized why I used to die so much in Piety / Bowels of the beast.. when I played ranger before. The attack pushes her into a corner. Which is great for other bosses. But Piety starts doing her clockwise torrent of shit.. and you can't go around her anymore. Yey.

Anyway, back to planning another failed build now.. -__-
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 22, 2016, 4:41:42 PM
"
This build is one of the greatest failures, of all the failed builds I've ever failed in PoE. : ]

I wanted to do it because I have a Nets with 25% Extra Barrage Damage on it.. so I thought, welll.. barrage is supposed to be a strong single target, I found your guide saying that it can be used for AoE.. I was like wowsie wow! This is it. Looks clean.. no BS.. you can see what happens, unlike a lot of other builds that clutter the screen with BS..

Well, the sad reality is that it has very insufficient AoE coverage, and no damage at all. Every extra arrow you add only adds a tiny amount of damage to an already completely insignificant 8-10k, that becomes more like 15k with all the frenzies in the world. I'm lvl 89 btw, I did a re-spec. At lvl 89 I need at least 10 times more damage, so I can do red maps.

It has no life. Evasion doesn't matter anyway when a big hit 1 shots you. And it can't even sustain mana.

I still have to lvl up some gems, but I have pretty much quality gems, and pretty high lvl. It also has problems with int, str, and because I'm using a Coil resists are not at all fun to cap.

Truth being told, I didn't copy your skill tree though, it's a variation, that is supposed to have even more power and more life. I'm also using a Glare, not a Voltaxic, and the gems are a bit different, cuz if I would use your setup it would have much less damage, in this context.

I can't double curse, which means I have to chose assassin's mark for leech.. and it doesn't even leech enough, even with vaal pact. And so I can't use temp chains. Simply put, I can't play this game without temp chains.

Oh, and a small thing.. I just realized why I used to die so much in Piety / Bowels of the beast.. when I played ranger before. The attack pushes her into a corner. Which is great for other bosses. But Piety starts doing her clockwise torrent of shit.. and you can't go around her anymore. Yey.

Oh god your kidding me... I literally invested a ton of currency to get all the gear. Is this all correct?
"

Wrong bow, wrong tree, wrong body armour, low level gems, wrong gems, and problem with str and int. U made my day, TY!

Last edited by Urdix on Sep 22, 2016, 8:02:23 PM
"
dsata wrote:

Oh god your kidding me... I literally invested a ton of currency to get all the gear. Is this all correct?

He is full of sh*t. All i agree on is that at higher tiers evasion is bad. It just how it is,its the mechanics of the game. Evasion is the worst way to "mitigate"damage. ES etc are way better for survival.
Besides, guy says it him self. He uses another weapon,he uses another passive tree yet complains this build is fail? Thats like saying blade vortex is a fail build because you use your blade vortex skill on a witch arc build.

"

this is crap.
Wrong bow, wrong tree, and using assassin's mark to leech??
obviously a troll
Pretty funny though~

"I changed your build completely, and now it sucks. You're bad at builds."
Definitely a troll.

Take home message? Barrage work if you follow his build as closely as possible. But no one can exactly duplicate some one else's build (unless both the build and the copy have perfect stats) so there will always be differences.

Having said that...OP should change his "Barrage is No.1 range skill" statement....really misleading considering both TS and BR shit all over Barrage in most circumstances; both as a primary and a secondary skill. Just because the build was BOTW doesn't automatically grant the skill god-status...its just that the build was quirky enough to rate a mention.
I'll say two things about playing this build, and I also have a few questions for others.

1)I found that it started to really fall off close to getting Voltaxic (using Roth's Reach for leveling)

2)Mana Regen feels a lot more important than the build makes it out to be. Personally I just have 1 mana flask to aid with this but I feel like this could be probably be better addressed in a variety of ways given we basically have a free 6L to fuck with...

3)For a build of the week I feel like the build order kind of confused me a bit, especially Asc order since it's my first league with Asc and not having much time to play this league I'm not really reading everything five times and comparing. I went Powerful Precision first and I got a Drillneck early, thought this was the best bet, not 100% sure anymore. Cruel I grabbed Rupture (didn't do it until Merciless A4 though tbh), pretty sure I'm going for Fast and Deadly with Merciless, then if I do uber I'll go for Far Shot.
Build
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAA2ND6sRLxa_GYobyCF2I9Mj9iSLJJ0k_SaVKgsuUzBxMHw2PTfUOdQ6Qj7PQzFHfkt4TP9Nkk4qUUdTz1VLVYVaGluvXfJh4mJaZU1pTm1sb_JwUnXLdvd9dX8rhNmGzonTjAuMNo19jX6Nv49gkAqXBqCfo4qkeK3Cr-u5fLvjvTa95r6nwTPB1cMzwzrEos2Yz93TftQj2rHawd2o3vjnVOfq6mLrY-yw7T_uDu968Yr5M_zF_rr_3g==?accountName=Penetros&characterName=LITERALLYDeadIRL

4)I found myself heavily lacking in INT/STR for skills early on when I decided to drop Carnage Heart (Squishy enough already, needed to beef up since I'm still rocking tabula til I can grab a cospri's). I did the standard by grabbing the 30 nodes. I'mnot sure which was the better path but I found myself rushing towards Lethality/first Jewel node then stopping outside of Acrobatics as I went to Blood Siphon, King of the Hill, Nullification, Art of the Gladiator, then coming back to it while finishing up Jewel nodes as I got the jewels. I've only got 2 Volleys so far so I feel it's strong but I might need a third one.

On jewelry for this build I feel that Mana Regeneration is VERY understated, the Mana Leech from the tree is something I grabbed early and still isn't really helping too much. the 3 points for Essence Sap I find hard to justify, so getting it on your jewelry and making sure to use Rare Gloves/Boots for the resistance is important.

5)Getting your stats rounded out is also very important. Unless you want Ev/ES Gloves/Boots you're going to need your INT from your jewelry, and probably need Ar/Ev on Gloves/Boots (Just 1 is fine, and give up 1 Resist on that so probably Gloves unless you want STR+MS+1 Res on boots) for getting your stats out.

-----------------------------------------

Now for a question. What do you guys use for flasks? Since there's another guide claiming this one was taken from it I decided to try that guide's flasks in particular Rotgut, I found it very lacking compared to just using a Silver flask however have found both very lacking compared to a Sulphur flask.

Flasks

I have a Sorrow of the Divine and am considering using it in place of the Sulphur. Stibnite, Jade, Quartz or Diamond all seem to have their uses as well

Also, what order did you guys take your Asc? did you go for anything in particular early on while leveling?
Wasn't for this build, but, for my last Ranger build I also used Rotgut... but, just for "easier" content.

Rotgut was for super fast clearing, and I think I swapped it out for... I might've been using Atziri's maybe? for harder stuff.
Is this build worth it if you don't have a 6 link?
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info