Why does anybody play?

Why am I even reading this? ,---,

These forums are dead.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
1. use --noasync
2. 15min is lies, 1-2 min i can understand though
3. i had elreon, shrine and a maptrial on the same corner (3 different rooms) in Academy yesterday and even with --noasync, game went crazy
4. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ , installing Fallout2 right now
d:-D*
This is rapidly becoming a collection of serious problems with the game. Playing a tank gives me a chance to survive when the game "freezes" as far as you're concerned but the monsters continue to try to kill you.

My personal pet peeve is the lab. I don't dislike the traps or the contest and don't mind dying if it's my fault. NOTHING upsets me more than running the lab getting almost all the way thru then having the game freeze and you're dead. when things clear up again there you are in Sarn and your run has failed. Failed NOT due to inattention, stupidity or mistakes but FAILED DUE TO GAME PROBLEMS.
You can't fight it, you can take no precautions just SPLAT an you are toast.

I no longer play hc I no longer attempt to run the lab. Seriously, why bother? Question: why do I play this game?
It's simple.... I don't.

Why? Heh, it's pretty simple, really.

Want to make a build - something that works easily. Lol, no, Streamer's QQ'ed about it - nerf inc.

What about trade improvements? Ingame system, y'know! Haha, lol, no. Goetz & Kamil, the Dungknights resent any and all changes to trading. Actually, it should be harder! It's 2016, people, we should be facing each other in an instance, drop the items on the floor and then run to each other items!

Well, how about making as perfect random char as you can? Hahahhaha, forget about it, we have made achieving level 100 impossible to casual slobs like you! It's either your real life OR poe. No mix of the two!

Mmmmh... fine... maybe I could you know... get that cute monkey? Hahhaha, lol, dump that idea as well, you need to grind 1200 dried lake & some uber endgame boss - oh yeah, we also nerf your fav. skills too!

Meh, fine, maybe I can then enjoy my time looking for good items? Pfft, haven't you learned, boii, this game is 140% RNG, forget anything useful!

Huh. Perhaps I can craft my BiS items... please? <- Retard alert! You need at least 20 exalts, 3000 alts and 250 regals & scours to get started! "Buh buh, Mastercraft so usefull hurrdurr, bust evurr!" -Goetz 2k16. (Ps. you do know that Multimod requires at least a master lvl 8 AND an exalt - for a single item, right, brah?)

Yeah, this anti-player "Such wow, very hardcore, much hard" mentality has driven me from PoE. I really did want to like this game, but the development is like aiming at the right direction but then doing a sideleap anyway in an unknown direction. I'll chill and see what 2.4 will be about, but I doubt any improvement will come to the things mentioned above. Maybe they'll introduce more RNG gated content to cater the streamers. They are the MVP, riiight?
Will be interesting to see if he gets all the disgruntled customers back
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 19, 2016, 6:45:51 AM
"
KrazyFruit wrote:

Want to make a build - something that works easily. Lol, no, Streamer's QQ'ed about it - nerf inc.

+1

"
KrazyFruit wrote:

What about trade improvements? Ingame system, y'know! Haha, lol, no. Goetz & Kamil, the Dungknights resent any and all changes to trading. Actually, it should be harder! It's 2016, people, we should be facing each other in an instance, drop the items on the floor and then run to each other items!

+1

"
KrazyFruit wrote:

Meh, fine, maybe I can then enjoy my time looking for good items? Pfft, haven't you learned, boii, this game is 140% RNG, forget anything useful!

+1

"
KrazyFruit wrote:

Huh. Perhaps I can craft my BiS items... please? <- Retard alert! You need at least 20 exalts, 3000 alts and 250 regals & scours to get started! "Buh buh, Mastercraft so usefull hurrdurr, bust evurr!" -Goetz 2k16. (Ps. you do know that Multimod requires at least a master lvl 8 AND an exalt - for a single item, right, brah?)

+1

"
KrazyFruit wrote:

Yeah, this anti-player "Such wow, very hardcore, much hard" mentality has driven me from PoE. I really did want to like this game, but the development is like aiming at the right direction but then doing a sideleap anyway in an unknown direction. I'll chill and see what 2.4 will be about, but I doubt any improvement will come to the things mentioned above. Maybe they'll introduce more RNG gated content to cater the streamers. They are the MVP, riiight?

+1

I agree with every point you made! +5

Spoiler
GGG had better make their business plan rely solely on the donations of a few "whales" because they clearly hate the common man
Poe works as a game provided you make goals to achive. your interest in this game will last as long as you have goals to reach.

once you reach them you will probably loaf around for a bit and then do somthing else until you find something to be your goal again.

For example when i started prophecy it was basically to get to 24. then about 35 challenges later i realized i was having too much fun with the prophecy system and made 36 my goal.

then half way through that i decided to finally make an expensive summoner for once in my life ( somthing like 7 summoners and not a single one cost more than 2 exa total). so now i am going full on nutter and going for a 30 exa zombie summoner).

so a good portion of my league was shopping for stuff i need to make the summoner in standard. alot of fun by the way since a zombie summoner uses a ton of under used items as far as summoners go.

for example i am actually using a rare chest piece. yup.. not a shav, not a vis, not a tabby.. just a rare ... and there were only 3 rares in all of prophecy that had the stat layout i needed.

and then i got to 37 challenges riiiight when i was about done shopping.... now i cant stop on an odd number.. that is just annoying.

so now i am grinding out maps off of bosses , contemplating the div card challenge since i have 4 of them half way done and running literally everyone in my guild through atziri for free just to get kills on her.

(binge'in Atziri is alot of fun i have discovered).

Not too bad for a fella that was going into prophecy think he'd be done in a week with 24 challenges. goals can carry you very far
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 19, 2016, 8:37:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info