Please fix pathing in the lab and trials

Why would you click somewhere behind a wall and then sit back and wait until your character gets there? What do you expect, your character navigating the spike traps for you automatically?
It just tries to get as near to the chosen point as possible with the current possible path.

Just put the mouse in front of your char and press the button so he runs towards the mouse
pointer, let go of the button if you want to stop in front of a trap.
Correct Timing, correct movement skill usage and health (resource) management is the challenge here...
Last edited by Antaiseito on Dec 21, 2017, 9:31:47 AM
I knew the Lab hating vultures were still circling the skies around here.

This issue has nothing to do with the Lab itself however, and everything to do with the player expectations.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. It works as intended this way. Pathfinding should not be auto aim to avoid all traps, especially in the Lab. That would take away all the challenge!

You should learn the rules of pathfinding in PoE. You can't bend them, they'll bend you.

And here's where your 500% movement speed Abyssus builds fall flat. There's a downside to everything isn't there? It's called balance. Must be some of that still remaining. Let's not break it.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 21, 2017, 10:43:19 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
I knew the Lab hating vultures were still circling the skies around here.

As opposed to the Lab loving maggots still borrowing into the carrion around here?

edit: My apologies to other people that love lab, no offense intended. I think that it is perfectly fine to love lab just not to call people that don't love lab names.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 21, 2017, 12:06:53 PM
"
Antaiseito wrote:
Why would you click somewhere behind a wall and then sit back and wait until your character gets there? What do you expect, your character navigating the spike traps for you automatically?
It just tries to get as near to the chosen point as possible with the current possible path.

Just put the mouse in front of your char and press the button so he runs towards the mouse
pointer, let go of the button if you want to stop in front of a trap.
Correct Timing, correct movement skill usage and health (resource) management is the challenge here...
This! Like really, are people navigating by clicking on locations they want to move to like in an rts or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info