Path of Exile, and the current state it is in, and why i'm a bit sad.

Good evening friends, family (family is friends, so, friends, friends >_>) and fellow veterans... Please, don't mind me as i somewhat pour out my feels about this game, because, its changed a fair amount.

So, hello! my first concern, is Standard... AKA, the dump league, or, the league that theorycrafters use to well, theorycraft... but, its kind of a sad state, nothing is new in it, players who play on standard are probably getting bored... and i feel so sorry for them, a friend of mine who is well known here, John, plays standard alot, i dont even think he plays temp leagues >_> but, i always think if he hates standard, or just puts up with its blandness... it seems as though GGG puts most of its resources into temp leagues, and ignores standard... :/

Now, legacy items, something that also made me really sad...

I have this little nifty thing here

When i bought it, it was 80-90 exalts, which, to me, is a crapload, because, im not a very rich person, im not your typical standard hoarder, i give alot of stuff away, so, im broke alot... so, this is amongst one of my treasured items... now, the price is 23 ex... which kinda broke my heart a bit, because, BoR is amongst one of the greatest helmets in the game, it enables so many amazing builds... but... now its :(

Now, GGG has done crazy amounts of work on the game, and im not saying the game is dead coz, lol, its never dead apparently, despite leagues being empty >_> but, im just a bit sad about legacy and standard :( maybe im too nostalgic... anyway, goodnight exiles, thanks for listening

Slayer.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2016, 5:14:31 AM
tfw double legacy (lol double) BoR is only 10ex or so now and not 23ex as you said
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
"
x1o8x wrote:
tfw double legacy (lol double) BoR is only 10ex or so now and not 23ex as you said

i swear i read 23 ex on std, maybe it wasnt double legacy, but now that makes me more sad :(

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I don t get it, you complain this legacy worth nothing anymore?

But if it is still good for you and you still use it what s the problem.

On a side note, remember how GGG ruined mirror items by introducing new higher mods. That s not 80 ex those guys lost but 1 mirror+80ex lol-.

Ps: I owned a mirrored first generation sword. The sword was about 700 dps. GGG nerfed swords base physical damages lowering my mirror to 650dps (yea wtf you can t change a weapon once it is mirrored but when GGG change the base dps even mirrored get changed).
Then they introduced those mods making the sword useless.

I sold the sword 30ex, bough it 170 at the time.

GG
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 15, 2016, 6:46:40 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
I don t get it, you complain this legacy worth nothing anymore?

But if it is still good for you and you still use it what s the problem.

On a side note, remember how GGG ruined mirror items by introducing new higher mods. That s not 80 ex those guys lost but 1 mirror+80ex lol-.

well, thats my other main money item i have...

im not sure if thats still the best claw out there >_>

i don't think it's due to power creep, it's rather the meta shift away from melee.

currently melee item evaluation is "earthquake or gtfo", ggg is still nz based, haha.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i don't think it's due to power creep, it's rather the meta shift away from melee.

currently melee item evaluation is "earthquake or gtfo", ggg is still nz based, haha.

Meta melee lasted 1 season, then they nerfed the shit out of cyclone.

When did they nerf ranged bow? never.

Imo EQ is nerfed next league, melee can t have good shit for too long.
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Meta melee lasted 1 season, then they nerfed the shit out of cyclone.

Imo EQ is nerfed next league, melee can t have good shit for too long.

EQ will definitely be nerfed, lacerate too probably XD

"
lolozori wrote:

not really, yes. that's why i mostly play ranger.

but after i took all my currency to buy a "reach of the council", i'm sure that is about to change. wouldn't mind it though, playing ranged get's boring after some time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
"
x1o8x wrote:

i swear i read 23 ex on std, maybe it wasnt double legacy, but now that makes me more sad :(

Why are you sad? You realize its a free market in this trading simulator of a game, right? You payed what you had to pay when it cost a lot. You should know that value of things in a free market can go up or down. Besides, standard? Really now? You know its the end for all HC chars and that many HC players that use the item you payed so much for go to SC and the market gets saturated with more of said item making the price less and less the more people find or die in HC with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info