Chat Improvements in 2.3.2

im seller myself and if im afk even for 10 minute im always leaving a afk note like "eating afk 10-15minute" "toilet bathroom time 30-40 minute" or "washing dishes cooking smth to eat 5 minute" IM NOT ONE OF THOSE SHIITY TRADERS WHO GOES AFK FOR "INFINITE" amount of time and then when return writes smth ridiculously stupid thing
IGN-BeautifulMiledi or OnlyUseCold
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
Luxiel wrote:
"
pootie3030 wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question but is there a way to change the time stamp for those of us that aren't in the military?

What are you talking about? That is the main way to write a timestamp in most countries in the world. HH:MM, having the hours be 24h based, intead of that AM/PM nonsense...

It is a almost universal and instantly undertood system... The only country I can remember that doesn't default to this is the USA, which are always out of sync with the rest of the world when it comes to measuring units and notations.

As a member of the most hated country in the world, I have to say this is true. Sadly most of the people in this country create the mentality of a crazy person. Let me provide an appropriate example.

No no rest of the world, Were America, we will use AM/PM, Inches/feet for measurements etc... Its you, "rest of the world" that needs to change to what we do, not us that needs to do what you do.

Living in America is like being constantly surrounded by brainwashed stubborn idiots.

Woo America! Americas the Best! Americas #1! Why? - Because it just is.

I mean, we couldnt even figure out how to Free Health Care so we just made it illegal not to have it. We're brilliant.

Help me! Get me out!

Again, I am Canadian, not American. All I was asking was if it would be possible for someone to change the timestamps on their own screen to something that a specific user finds more fitting. I don't care what format you or anyone else decide to use, for me this would be considered a qol thing. I don't think the world needs to bend or change because I want something different. Do yours and I will do mine. Not really interested in pushing my views or opinions onto others and try to make them think "my" way, perhaps that is just part of being Canadian. I don't know.... further to my point, Luxiel you state "the main way to write a time stamp" which implies that other ways exist but you personally think they are nonsense. Being unable to see the viewpoint of others seems like nonsense to me.
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
"
pootie3030 wrote:

Again, I am Canadian, not American. All I was asking was if it would be possible for someone to change the timestamps on their own screen to something that a specific user finds more fitting. I don't care what format you or anyone else decide to use, for me this would be considered a qol thing. I don't think the world needs to bend or change because I want something different. Do yours and I will do mine. Not really interested in pushing my views or opinions onto others and try to make them think "my" way, perhaps that is just part of being Canadian. I don't know.... further to my point, Luxiel you state "the main way to write a time stamp" which implies that other ways exist but you personally think they are nonsense. Being unable to see the viewpoint of others seems like nonsense to me.

You can be from Antarctica for all I care, fact remains its dumb for anyone to use a different system from others. 24hr makes more sense and is the most commonly used, we shouldnt be wasting our time comforting a tiny group of people who are too stubborn to learn a better way even if we are just talking about reading time. Its really not hard and kind of pathetic that people cant change to this.
You can be from Antarctica for all I care, fact remains its dumb for anyone to use a different system from others. 24hr makes more sense and is the most commonly used, we shouldnt be wasting our time comforting a tiny group of people who are too stubborn to learn a better way even if we are just talking about reading time. Its really not hard and kind of pathetic that people cant change to this. [/quote]

We? We shouldn't be wasting time comforting.... You make it seem as though you are a programmer for ggg, or the voice of the majority.... I don't care what you do, I don't care if you prefer metric or imperial, I don't care if you prefer coke or Pepsi, I don't care if you spell color or colour, I don't care if you drive on the left side of the road or the right... I would like the option to switch the format on my own screen.
It's got nothing to do with you.
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
For the Americans that don't understand the 24h system - it's pretty simple.

If your clock shows a number over 12, you have to subtract 12 from the number left of the colon and add PM.
So if it shows 17:32, you subtract 12 and it becomes 5:32 PM.

If you're experiencing issues with double digit subtractions, you can always just subtract 2 and ignore the first number if it's originally 1. If the first number is 2, it becomes 1.
Ya'll need to start working on putting a search button/bar in stash.. specially for gems, jesus GGG doesn't know the struggle..
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:

Well, the problem is twofold:

I hear ya, I do, but i think this is one of those situations where GGG cant win. I think removing the lab completely is a mistake but I can see where having to re-do all of the content again would be time consuming. I dont really do any of the labs until im at least 70. Ive been playing for awhile so I just dont find it to be a necessary part of the game until then. It makes Normal a laugh and Cruel a Cakewalk. I guess bottom line is, there will never be content in the game that will satisfy every player and work with every lifestyle. Again I hear ya, it sucks for you, it does, but I dont think it justifies removing such a large piece of the game.

I wasn't talking about removing it, I was talking about adding checkpoitns in it, at every stash for example. Would only change the experience in softcore, would not affect the racers (because they are running for seconds, a death would be to much time anyway), so it would basically just help casual players.
"
raawwrr wrote:
Ya'll need to start working on putting a search button/bar in stash.. specially for gems, jesus GGG doesn't know the struggle..

Are you serious?

There is a search functionality in stash. It works perfectly fine for gems.
Stop trolling!!
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
raawwrr wrote:

Are you serious?

There is a search functionality in stash. It works perfectly fine for gems.
Stop trolling!!

i really wouldn't call that a "search function", it's not more than an indicator.

a search function would provide to search for items which have more or less than a give item level or quality.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I thought we'd get chat tabs for whispers / trade / guild / all chat like EVERY online game nowadays has but I guess timestamps is the most GGG can amount to ... sorry but I'm a bit disappointed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info