Developer Q&A Answers Part 2

"

There have been rumors that a new currency type is in the works. Confirm/deny.

I haven't seen any of these rumours, but let's make this interesting by confirming it.

I heard this is the art for a new currency:

IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
"
Currently most high level players skip over 95% of the rares that drop even in the highest map tiers. Additionally items like the new Reach of the Counsel makes id rares of the same type seem far less rewarding than in previous iterations of the game. Is this seen as a problem internally? Are there any steps taken to ensure unique items don't cannibalize competing rares.

I definitely agree this is a problem. While it's cool to have powerful uniques available, there are issues if they cause players to stop looking at rares. We have plans, though. The introduction of new base types over time and some experimental league mechanics coming up in future leagues may spur a resurgence of awesome rare crafting :-)

I think the problem is that rare crafting is difficult and expensive, while the uniques are cheap and abundant. Giving eternal orbs back would make rare crafting more interesting but would still not solve the cheapness aspect. So I really can't see a resurgence of awesome rare crafting unless you make the system more deterministic, which doesn't seem likely.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Chris, Between me and you, can you confirm that seeing how hated/disliked lab content was, you guys Dev decided to make Uber lab's treasure chest a big Lootfest so people's last emotion doing lab would be satisfaction, from loot, instead of displeasure of actually running the lab, Satisfaction which they would associate to lab in general.

A treasure chest at the end of a dungeon has never been tried before in the genre, I'm sure it was a devious plot like you've described. Also if you think Anarchy was more compelling 6 weeks deep than the more recent leagues, you've got some very rose tinted glasses on.
My question wasn't answered :(
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
you guys Dev decided to make Uber lab's treasure chest a big Lootfest so people's last emotion doing lab would be satisfaction, from loot, instead of displeasure of actually running the lab, Satisfaction which they would associate to lab in general.

Yes, that is it!

I hate lab, especially Uber, but drop in Uber - something incredible.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Cloaks? A new gear slot sounds noice :D
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
"
Taiberius wrote:

Can't believe I had to scroll to page 3 to find this comment. I know he mentioned in the last Q&A that he would like to do cloaks in the future, but this looks like confirmation to me. Hyped.
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
New currency? Yes plz. Balance some economy. Medium to high rarity but better and more useful than some of our other options. Good answers Chris, thank you.

Hopefully youll keep answering and keep this interaction up. I really enjoy it.

Thanks again
Why is crit capped at 95%? Same reason it's floored at 5% for non-zero crit chances - A natural 1 always fails, and a natural 20 always succeeds. D&D references FTW.
"
djAMPnz wrote:
"
Taiberius wrote:

Can't believe I had to scroll to page 3 to find this comment. I know he mentioned in the last Q&A that he would like to do cloaks in the future, but this looks like confirmation to me. Hyped.

It's because he's talking about

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Tawm%27r_Isley

Spoiler
probably

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info