[2.4] LA/Barrage Voltaxic Assasin/Raider Updated to AoW

I think they gona nerf the frostwall oneshot boss method..

ou guys think voltaxic builds like this are still viable with 2.4 and cheap enought as a first starting build? Love ypur guide sooo much but iam afraid of nerfs
Bayern des samma mia
"

ou guys think voltaxic builds like this are still viable with 2.4 and cheap enought as a first starting build? Love ypur guide sooo much but iam afraid of nerfs

Yes I'm rolling Voltaxic again at 2.4 release. I'll update guide once the 2.4 tree is out.

Im expecting a nerf to frostwall aswell. It's ridiculously owerpowered. But don't worry. just use blast rain single target setup in chest. It's not as owerpowered but still really really strong.

Blast Rain - Added Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Poison.

Not sure on the last 2 links. Probably Crit Chance and Slower Proj.

Void Manipulation/Crit Multi are also potentiel gems.
Last edited by Axug on Aug 24, 2016, 6:38:03 AM
"

I would actually argue that it's not a good first built for a new league. Considering you certainly need to buy/find a voltaxic and then a bunch of other uniques, you will need a certain amount of currency. Adding to that the fact that those uniques will take up most of your items slot, you will need to spent a considerably higher amount of currency for the correct rings/amulet/boots rolls (especially if you want decent damage along with life and resistances). Overall, it may be a cheap build, but it is still pretty expensive if you start with nothing.
You may of course try to use it without the suggested items but from personal experience, that is not going to get you far enough.

Then again, you may just push through all of that if you just really like the build and simply spend some more time in low tier maps, until you have the currency to upgrade your items. So, honestly it's really up to you :p
Last edited by talsiber on Aug 24, 2016, 8:31:58 AM
"
talsiber wrote:
"

I would actually argue that it's not a good first built for a new league. Considering you certainly need to buy/find a voltaxic and then a bunch of other uniques, you will need a certain amount of currency. Adding to that the fact that those uniques will take up most of your items slot, you will need to spent a considerably higher amount of currency for the correct rings/amulet/boots rolls (especially if you want decent damage along with life and resistances). Overall, it may be a cheap build, but it is still pretty expensive if you start with nothing.
You may of course try to use it without the suggested items but from personal experience, that is not going to get you far enough.

Then again, you may just push through all of that if you just really like the build and simply spend some more time in low tier maps, until you have the currency to upgrade your items. So, honestly it's really up to you :p

I beg to differ.

Most uniques this build uses where dirt cheap this league even in the beginning of league. I didnt slow down or stay locked in any tier maps because i couldnt afford gear upgrades. Sure i leveled to 71 in Dried Lake merciless but then i mapped and mapped efficiently.

Dirt Cheap Items in prochecy.

Voltaxic bought for 18 c on day 2 or 3.
Drillneck 3 chaos
Mali/FB 1-3 chaos
Rat's 14 chaos on day 3

You could even get by early on with Divination Card Set Anarchy's Pride. = 13 alch for corrupted Voltaxic.

Only thing that was expensive early on was Lightning Coil. i started out with that and switched to Kintsugi later.

There is no reason to think thoose items will get more expensive in 2.4

Rare pieces i just used what i found until i was level 86-88, I think it was at that level i started really buying Jewel, Jewellry and boots upgrades
"
Axug wrote:

I beg to differ.

Most uniques this build uses where dirt cheap this league even in the beginning of league. I didnt slow down or stay locked in any tier maps because i couldnt afford gear upgrades. Sure i leveled to 71 in Dried Lake merciless but then i mapped and mapped efficiently.

Dirt Cheap Items in prochecy.

Voltaxic bought for 18 c on day 2 or 3.
Drillneck 3 chaos
Mali/FB 1-3 chaos
Rat's 14 chaos on day 3

You could even get by early on with Divination Card Set Anarchy's Pride. = 13 alch for corrupted Voltaxic.

Only thing that was expensive early on was Lightning Coil. i started out with that and switched to Kintsugi later.

There is no reason to think thoose items will get more expensive in 2.4

Rare pieces i just used what i found until i was level 86-88, I think it was at that level i started really buying Jewel, Jewellry and boots upgrades

Well, it certainly depends on your luck but I never really had 30-40c anywhere near the first 3 days. But yea, like I said to the previews post, it is possible to make it work if you compromise on a number of things. My main argument is that there are a number of build that would work much better for first builds and would make your gameplay smoother until you have the currency. If you do find that currency though in your first characters, then by all means, go for it.
"
talsiber wrote:

Well, it certainly depends on your luck but I never really had 30-40c anywhere near the first 3 days. But yea, like I said to the previews post, it is possible to make it work if you compromise on a number of things. My main argument is that there are a number of build that would work much better for first builds and would make your gameplay smoother until you have the currency. If you do find that currency though in your first characters, then by all means, go for it.

I somewhat see your point in the sense that there are cheaper builds to start out with at league start.
I would also agree that if you just started playing PoE this might not be the build you start out with.

But not being able to start out with this build because you need expensive gear is borderline ludicrous.
"
emix86 wrote:

You're not the first to have theese mana problems.

With Voltaxic, Wrath and Static Electricity and 0,4 % mana leech it should be enough to sustain your mana. You might not be able to sustain mana if your dps is too low.

Specc into another mana leech point.
Don't run hoi and equip a mana pot.

Either of the above should fix it for you until your dps is higher.
hi, im having fun playing this build so far, but i have a question, why not go deadeye straight away? why go raider?
"
darkowozzd97 wrote:
hi, im having fun playing this build so far, but i have a question, why not go deadeye straight away? why go raider?

When you don't have Acuity you have to pick up Vaal Pact which ignores life regeneration.

Running Blood Rage with no life regeneration sucks in my opinion.

So to avoid running Blood Rage you pick Raider ascendency which lets you gain frenzy charges + you have onslaught on full frenzy charges.

If the degen from blood rage doesn't bother you, by all means go for deadeye right away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info