[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
"
Rmpz wrote:
Awesome looking build, I have a few question if you dont mind :)

Would you plan the build like you have with your char on standard considering the Perandus Signet is 2% instead of the 3%, or do that not make a big enough difference to perhaps switch some items around?

How safe is the build against reflect maps, can reflect map + rare with reflect still kill you or is it pretty much reflect proof?

Do you get enough resistance to run elemental weakness maps?

As lastly mostly for giggles, anyway we can take advantage of a +1 endurance charge Perandus Blazon :D?

The nerf on Perandus Signet rings was harsh but I don't think it would really change my gear choices if I was using non legacy versions. Everything still revolves around getting as much Int as possible.

While using your cold resistance flask your vaal pact leech is enough for reflect. I don't run ele reflect maps though as it slows you down making sure that the packs are not too big and making sure to keep the flasks up. Its kinda like temp chains, just feels a bit sluggish compared to its normal pace.

Nope you don't get enough resistances to cover ele weakness maps. I still run weakness maps though as it doesn't slow you down. Just pop a resistance flask if you see anything scary and it covers the difference. Most of the time things are dead before they hit you anyway and your ES is high enough to take a hit and let you react with a flask

+1 endurance charge. Easiest way would be just use Enduring cry - Increased AOE/Faster casting

Keeping that up could be annoying though so alternatively get two more reduced mana reserved nodes and swap the herald of ice/artic armour with a blasphemy warlords mark. You'd have to swap the gloves into something else though. I have thought about going down this route a few times with a different curse but there isn't very many unique gloves that benefit the build as much
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it! :)
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
This looks like fun and I'd love to give it a try. Any advice for a budget version? Obviously it would be much worse, but would Solaris Lorica and a couple of rings with >50 intelligence completely kill this build?

Out of curiosity, what happens to your DPS if you swap one of your less-beneficial conversion jewels for a mantra of flames? (Maybe the one by Pain Attunement)
Last edited by ScreenName on Jul 25, 2016, 9:35:35 PM
"
ScreenName wrote:
This looks like fun and I'd love to give it a try. Any advice for a budget version? Obviously it would be much worse, but would Solaris Lorica and a couple of rings with >50 intelligence completely kill this build?

Out of curiosity, what happens to your DPS if you swap one of your less-beneficial conversion jewels for a mantra of flames? (Maybe the one by Pain Attunement)

The build is already pretty budget not needing any 6 links but you kinda need the chaos to buy the shavs and two rings. As soon as you lose the rings the incentive to use uniques everywhere vanishes and you are better off wearing rares with resistances, Int and ES. Those would actually be more expensive then just getting the shavs and rings though.

Swapping that fertile mind jewel into mantra of flames lowers DPS and ES. Whispering ice doesn't benifit from flat damage as much as other builds as it has built in flat damage from Int.

Int gives so much value its kind of hard to beat
NO Video? :(
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.
"
lesun02 wrote:
NO Video? :(

yeah ... a build without video is very unsatisfying, why would i ever try out something new when i don't know anything about it's performance?
OP.... please post an atziri run, uber lab and a red map and i think 99% of players are satisfied
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Jul 27, 2016, 9:40:48 AM
I posted videos of my witch whispering ice character, then my scion one and did intend to post videos of the Guardian but I have other commitments at the moment.

Part of the reason is that every whispering ice character looks the same mechanically, the things that changes is the range of ES and damage numbers which are easy to read and don't actually tend to look very different in video form. Things like "immune to stun all the time now" and "10% more movement speed then before" also don't have that much visual impact and are more something you notice after alot of mapping. Its not reinventing the wheel with its gameplay or anything its just how it always is

This post is more to share the polish and versions the character has gone through. I'm mostly waiting for the endgame content that has been promised in the next patch and just here for people who have had questions or wanted to discuss choices
I havent read the entire thread, but you might want to see this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647563

Hierophant sucks more than you would initially think it does.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Jul 28, 2016, 6:49:00 AM
"
Zorajin wrote:
I havent read the entire thread, but you might want to see this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647563

Hierophant sucks more than you would initially think it does.

Thats a very important topic and one that is tricky to make sure I have down right. Previously when reading the forums my understanding is that the mana generated through %increased max mana will not get further increased by %increased ES during the conversion. Flat mana however will be increased by %increased ES.

The builds source of mana is the flat mana of Int with only a little bit of %increased mana from the tree but doesn't scale it that much

I havn't tested it but I think that 25% of base mana + 150 heirophant base mana (before any %mana increases) would still be more then 15% of reserved mana (including the %mana increases).

In either case its all moot since the rest of the tree is so garbage for whispering ice. Even if it wasn't as sucky as it is and gave the huge flat ES that it seems like it should the extra benefits of guardian would still be the superior choice.

Good comment though and Its something I like trying to sort out in my brain. It could be relevant if they rework hirophant

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info