Died by strange Vagan's degen

Hi all, just don't understand is it a bug? I killed Vagan (he had axe+shield and used bear traps), but after that I died by some kind of degen. I have CI, so it can't be chaos or posion degen, I used twice (!) my anti-burn and anti-bleed flasks, but degen didn't stop. Does anyone knows something about it?
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2016, 5:38:19 PM
Sounds weird. You didn't have bloodrage, by any chance?
If you beat him, ground effects shouldn#t be it, so that would really only leave firetraps. No idea, honestly.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
This nearly happened to me had to drink 2 flasks to stop it. And no, I don't have blood rage.
I'm glad you posted I was laboring under the assumption that it was chaos dmg. Now I know that is bollocks. Maybe it is a bug?
Censored.
I assumed it was vortex. For monsters, I think they can still deal damage after they die.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 4, 2016, 4:33:05 PM
Vortex can't damage so hard against Aegis and Incandescent Heart+CI. Also I don't remember Vortex animation there.
Last edited by Mortrau on Jul 4, 2016, 5:00:13 PM
"
Mortrau wrote:
Vortex can't damage so hard against Aegis and Incandescent Heart+CI.

Vortex is cold DoT, so it would be the best way of killing Aegis/Incandescent heart CI, since your EHP is relatively low, and DoT can't be blocked.

"
Also I don't remember Vortex animation there.

Probably was something else then. Unless he was using an mtx version?
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 4, 2016, 5:17:24 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Mortrau wrote:
Vortex can't damage so hard against Aegis and Incandescent Heart+CI.

Vortex is cold DoT, so it would be the best way of killing Aegis/Incandescent heart CI, since your EHP is relatively low, and DoT can't be blocked.

"
Also I don't remember Vortex animation there.

Probably was something else then. Unless he was using an mtx version?

Yet that's exactly why you get Incandescent Heart. IH helps deal with elemental damage, in case you forgot dubio. You get a free 25% mitigation to fire, cold, and lightning damage. Your effective cold resistance is not just 75%, it's 81.25%. Tie in the purity aura and you get even more. 82% of 75% is a lot less than 75% of 75%. You'd be taking 13.5% of cold damage with capped resists with Purity of Ice and Incandescent Heart. That's only 54% of normal cold damage all other players will expect.

If I have a CI build, the only chest I'm ever using is IH. I'll use every other item and passive to negate physical damage as much as possible. IH and auras are sufficient for elemental damage.
'Damage taken as' only works for hits, not degen. You take the full damage from degen effects when wearing incandescent heart.

In practice, most degen is chaos (no issue for CI) or ignite/burning ground (usually not very strong), so you don't really notice this issue.
Well, ok. IH+CI don't work with ele DoT. But Aegis gives 5% max cold res, and I recieved damage that could be compared to trio cycloner's bleed or even more. And it was after Vagan's death on a clear ground...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info