[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

According to uniques and the few rares (rings, amulet, maybe shield) this build looks cheap and perfect for me (not much time to invest in the game sadly). What can I realistically achieve with it? Can do uelder?

Also, is it updated 100%? No cluster jewels and I really wonder why waste 2 points for Battle Rouse for minimal mana (we already use a hybrid flask for hp/mana)
Last edited by Pheu on Nov 10, 2021, 10:42:45 AM
"
Pheu wrote:
According to uniques and the few rares (rings, amulet, maybe shield) this build looks cheap and perfect for me (not much time to invest in the game sadly). What can I realistically achieve with it? Is it uelder capable?

yes warchiefs totems builds can do uber elder pretty easily

the biggest annoyance is dps uptime, as both elder and shaper constantly kill your totems
POB: https://pastebin.com/BxshiU4G

I've done a facebreaker warchieftain build similar this league, though with a few notable (and significant) changes.

It's gone through several tree/gear changes, and almost always to add more defenses, but it's come to a point where I'm comfortable at the tradeoff. For my version I don't do any conversion to fire, and quite frankly I don't know why you would - this build is capable of significantly more DPS when kept as pure phys. In my current gear -

Full-tilt boss DPS: ~14m
Clearing DPS: ~8m (no Vaal WC/Valako buffs)

It's worth noting that with a less defensive tree/body armor and investing in good clusters you can extend the DPS to near 20m if you really want to, but the defenses become unacceptable to do so, imo anyways.

Obviously I've made massive investment into max res but I've found it to be very necessary; you're basically immune to death from physical damage (I can stand in shaper slams without flasks), but elemental damage presents a constant threat, especially without suppression/spell block. I was using a death's oath a chest for the longest time (which is quite nice for this build), but brass dome is far too attractive a defensive option to pass up on. The two most significant leaps the build made defensively was getting immortal ambition (constant 20% regen, mind the gaps if your totems haven't hit anything in a while) and heavily investing into max res, especially brass dome. Defensively the biggest struggle right now is just chaos damage, but at ~20% it's enough to clear t16 hunter maps with no real danger so long as you aren't full pepega shield charging packs on 1/4/7 maps.

I haven't solved all the stat problems yet since moving to brass dome, but it required simple downranks on unimportant skills to fix temporarily. I've easily farmed a8/shaper/elder/uber/maven (though uber is touchy, totems die easily to their projectiles, and I can as well, even with 87% max res the pen on their projectiles is brutal for the build).

Last edited by Thukker on Nov 10, 2021, 10:12:30 PM
@Thukker - you are da MAN! I was trying this league like five chars and it was a pain at the endgame eventually. But your PoB saved my day. I followed your suggestions to the exact. And i'm mostly unkillable now. What would you suggest to increase DPS? What would be that item which would significantly increase our offense? Because doing guardians and similar encounters is no fun - it's just too time consuming.
Edit: Seemed to have figured it out.

Not sure how to delete forum posts.
Last edited by Trikstar on Nov 23, 2021, 6:38:36 AM
"
@Thukker - you are da MAN! I was trying this league like five chars and it was a pain at the endgame eventually. But your PoB saved my day. I followed your suggestions to the exact. And i'm mostly unkillable now. What would you suggest to increase DPS? What would be that item which would significantly increase our offense? Because doing guardians and similar encounters is no fun - it's just too time consuming.

Offense is a combination of a few things: High facebreaker roll, good coil, good steel rings, mostly. Abyssus as well, but that doesn't need to be rolled for damage (outside of the helm enchant). The phys build even with moderate investment should smash guardians.

https://pastebin.com/X5thXSK6

Small updates to the build, moved to a full large cluster setup, improved bits and pieces of gear, extended it to ~11m clearing dps, ~16m boss dps without much sacrifice. Shifted to just using immortal call as the guard skill, I've found it to be as viable (if not as reliable) a tool for survival as molten shell, and that's acceptable for me in a softcore environment, as well as keeping the Valako buff up full time.

Sorry for getting back way late I don't check the forum much.
Last edited by Thukker on Nov 24, 2021, 6:16:32 AM
has anyone used THIS build (not the other one linked in comments, im new and dont know how to farm currency that well) to complete scourge and end game content? i dont want to hit bosses and then not do enough damage
So I've just started into mapping following this build but I've noticed my totems tend to die quickly. Am I doing something wrong or is this how totem playstyle tends to be?
"
Thukker wrote:

I've done a facebreaker warchieftain build similar this league, though with a few notable (and significant) changes.

It's gone through several tree/gear changes, and almost always to add more defenses, but it's come to a point where I'm comfortable at the tradeoff. For my version I don't do any conversion to fire, and quite frankly I don't know why you would - this build is capable of significantly more DPS when kept as pure phys. In my current gear -

It's worth noting that with a less defensive tree/body armor and investing in good clusters you can extend the DPS to near 20m if you really want to, but the defenses become unacceptable to do so, imo anyways.

Obviously I've made massive investment into max res but I've found it to be very necessary; you're basically immune to death from physical damage (I can stand in shaper slams without flasks), but elemental damage presents a constant threat, especially without suppression/spell block. I was using a death's oath a chest for the longest time (which is quite nice for this build), but brass dome is far too attractive a defensive option to pass up on. The two most significant leaps the build made defensively was getting immortal ambition (constant 20% regen, mind the gaps if your totems haven't hit anything in a while) and heavily investing into max res, especially brass dome. Defensively the biggest struggle right now is just chaos damage, but at ~20% it's enough to clear t16 hunter maps with no real danger so long as you aren't full pepega shield charging packs on 1/4/7 maps.

I haven't solved all the stat problems yet since moving to brass dome, but it required simple downranks on unimportant skills to fix temporarily. I've easily farmed a8/shaper/elder/uber/maven (though uber is touchy, totems die easily to their projectiles, and I can as well, even with 87% max res the pen on their projectiles is brutal for the build).

I had a variance of the OPs build going as well. But wanted to try yours. I started reallocating points then realized that you have 47% increased damage brass dome. I don't think many, if any, of those even exist. That's a pretty HUGE piece of equipment for your build out. With out it, DPS is pretty stumped.
"
Homerboy wrote:
"
Thukker wrote:

I had a variance of the OPs build going as well. But wanted to try yours. I started reallocating points then realized that you have 47% increased damage brass dome. I don't think many, if any, of those even exist. That's a pretty HUGE piece of equipment for your build out. With out it, DPS is pretty stumped.

Going to disagree with your take here. I swapped to Thukker's build from the post original and it is a whole different animal, the only gear I changed was loreweave--> brass dome (without extra damage) and darkness enthroned --> ryslatha and I went from ~3 mil sirus fire damage to easily 7 mil sirus phys. It's also much MUCH more durable. ryslatha, good facebreaker roll, high phys damage on rings/amulet and there is not a damage problem without the chest implicit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info