[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
fakado wrote:
Been googling around trying to figure out whether I want to go chieftain or berserker, with a lot of people recommending chieftain for the survival as apparently the damage lost isn't that significant.

I know this guide primarily focuses on berserker but it has that chieftain section too (though I think it's out dated?). I'm currently chieftain but wondering if it'd be more worth respeccing into berserker just as the guide is made. I am worried about potentially being too squishy or not having enough survival for higher end maps/elder fights, and especially for uber lab farming. Is berserker much less safe than chieftain for the izaro fights themselves, since I know the warcry gives you great regen and life/mana gained back and makes traps a breeze but the taunt makes Izaro ez pz?

So in a way I want to be able to pretty confidently farm Uber lab, but it's not something I want to do all day long as I like progressing the Atlas too and getting some elder/shaper kills.

Sorry if it's a daft question, just struggling to decide, thanks for the help :)

In Harbinger, I took a Chieftain version of this build to LV90 and cleared all content through Shaper. For this league, I've done a Berserker version and am currently LV86. They're both great options; there is no content that can be done with one, that cannot be done with the other. If you're a tenured POE player who knows the difficult fights well (e.g. how to dodge telegraphed moves appropriately, when to burn flasks for maximum dmg, etc.), I think Berserker is the optimal choice. The significantly higher DPS will allow you to push through dangerous phases more quickly and generally be more efficient in all activities. Chieftain is a great option for newer players or those in HC leagues.

Overall, AW is one of the safest builds in the game imo, even with Abyssus.
Thanks for the answers to both of you.

I respecced into Berserker. The warcry cooldown is a lot more comfortable to me as I used to play RF before in breach or so.

I still don't have a chest piece so I'm still using my tabula rasa at lvl 81, can't do uber solo yet full keys as Izaro sped up one shots me pretty hard haha, but I am running up to t14 maps no problem, unless it's maps that have mods of pure death.

Did Elder too pretty easily, nice to see that the build is this strong and I still have so many upgrades to get through.
Hey Guggel can you give us a little depth on the choice of the shield. Do you ever switch out of it? How has it effected gameplay / damage for you? I'm really interested in the choice. But would love some insight on it and the pro's / cons (if any cons). Did you just reach a damage threshold and decide it was appropriate? Thanks for any info regarding this shield. And thanks for the build!
"
fakado wrote:
I still don't have a chest piece so I'm still using my tabula rasa at lvl 81

I surprised you can get to 81 with a tabula. How much health do you have?
I'm currently 82 at 4.2k health, 200c away from getting a 6l belly, so #soon :D

Some map mods are pretty hard or nigh impossible. Like Elder with mobs having Cold dmg + goatmen. Totems get perma frozen and never ending waves of mobs keep coming out of the portals. Currently trying to avoid anything to do with reflect or added cold damage. Every other mod seems to be fine, though I also sometimes reroll temporal chains since I hate how sluggish it feels and I don't have a de-curse flask yet.
Last edited by fakado on Dec 15, 2017, 11:56:12 PM
Thanks for such detail.

I've rarely seen builders tell you where your skill gems should go. It might sound like a small thing but a huge amount of confusion can happen if you dont.

I think you even let us know if we cant get a 6L or missing a link on some other item what to drop. For me that might have caused me to remove the wrong skill gem.

For new players (and vets too im sure) thanks for the great build guide.

I hope I can put it to good use and save up for the gear - in the meantime will use what I can find that fits the build.

Thanks!!
Great Builds [3.1] Used By Me or Guild Mates:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250/page/1
Check out Engineering Eternity on YT - no B.S. right to the point reference videos, and more! Good Stuff...
currently running this build in hardcore abyss i'm level 88 at the moment and loving the build so far, very tanky and very safe, all around face smasher thanks for the build!

lvl 80 101k dps per totem

Have a bunch of phys jewels on tree that im not gonna bother linking
Last edited by xGetsuga on Dec 16, 2017, 11:34:18 AM
Need help for another upgrade. im 50-60c shy away from tukohama. What do i look for a gg amulet and what do i multi craft in the rings?
Last edited by lorkdubo on Dec 16, 2017, 4:05:19 PM
@Gugg--

Can you please look at this and tell me if there is a reason to not make the switch from faster attacks and put in maim?

POB CODE - https://pastebin.com/2EBdFQxK

I picked up almost 10% MORE DPS...plus maim gives quality of life with movement speed slow a bit.

You are the man, and this is YOUR build --- but i would like your thoughts please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info