[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
buz9 wrote:
"
Q: Is "melee damage on full life" really the best gem?
A: Yes imo it is. It has got a huge MORE multiplier and if played right you are full life 99% of the time.

Melee damage on Full Life got reworked ( or removed?). I know you know this, but you missed removing it in the FAQ section. Love your guide, thanks for all the work you put into it!

From the 3.0 patch notes:

- Melee Damage on Full Life Support has been renamed Damage on Full Life Support. At gem level 1 it now grants 30% more Damage while on Full Life for supported Attack skills. It is notably no longer restricted to melee attacks or physical damage specifically. Damage on Full Life Support now grants 1% increased Damage per 1% Quality (was 1% increased Melee Damage per 1% Quality). It now has the Attack tag, but no longer has the Melee tag.

I linked the archived version of Melee Damage on Full Life Support for easier reference.

From the wiki:

Melee Damage on Full Life Support (old)
"Supported melee skills deal (30-49)% more melee physical damage when on full life"
Per 1% quality: "0.5% increased melee physical damage"

Damage on Full Life Support (new)
"Supported attack skills deal (30-49)% more damage while on full life"
Per 1% quality: "Supported skills deal 0.5% increased damage" (as of this writing, the wiki and the patch notes disagree; according to patch notes this is supposed to be 1%)
Thanks for the build, I got one question: whether to use any curse or additional support? Which curse/support then? Thanks
lol the gear in the "Low Budget" section costs 20ish exalts.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
Midjet wrote:
Quick question for the budget build skill tree.
Why go for the Life/Reduced mana cost nodes? Seems like mana cost isn't too high for us on anything and it would be better to grab all the 5% nodes on the life wheel since we're there already. Maybe it's because I'm still only on a 4L, but it seems like mana is pretty manageable with the warcry spamming.

That's what I thought too, I took more nodes on the life wheel, i don't really see the point in the reduced mana cost ?
Are we sure Oak is the best choise for bandits?

I've been playing arround with Path of Building with one of my toons geared toons in standard.

And it seems to me that the 2 talens points gives higher damage and life if you place them in the two nodes right at our starting point (Melee Damage and Life, Melee Damage). You loose out on a bit of life regen, but the two other stats comes out ahead (at least according to Path of Building).
can someone explain me one thing - why in low budget build we take berserking (near the centre) instead of totemic zeal?
Hi everyone,

I'm searching for a build to explore this season and want to take the game a bit more seriously - which means see if I can experience all the end-game content (including guardians and shaper). I don't enjoy the trading game mostly, but to my understanding no budget build can experience the end game. So mentioning that on reddit, I was forward to this build. It still require trading, but less compared to other builds and can solo all the end-game content. Is this is indeed the case?

And if so - should I start by aiming for the low-budget version of this guide and switch later or?? or because I plan to run end-games bosses I should from start pick the high budget passive tree?
Did someone tried hl boss/map since 3.0? Is it the same ?
"
Ranculos wrote:

I'm searching for a build to explore this season and want to take the game a bit more seriously - which means see if I can experience all the end-game content (including guardians and shaper). I don't enjoy the trading game mostly, but to my understanding no budget build can experience the end game. So mentioning that on reddit, I was forward to this build. It still require trading, but less compared to other builds and can solo all the end-game content. Is this is indeed the case?

And if so - should I start by aiming for the low-budget version of this guide and switch later or?? or because I plan to run end-games bosses I should from start pick the high budget passive tree?

I'll say this: I just finished the main storyline and did all passives/side quests etc. I ended the Kitava fight at level 69. As far as gear and passives - follow the budget tree and gear guide, they work very well. You're not going to be able to afford any of the high budget stuff until you're pretty well established in maps anyway. The only things I have bought along the way were:

1. Face Breakers (10c for a semi-decent starter pair)
2. Meginord's Girdle (3c)
3. The Deep One's Hide (2c)

Anyone can save that much currency by that point in the game. I have died 7 times, 6 of those were the Kitava fight - one was due to being tabbed out to price check an item and not being in a safe area. Literally NO other boss gave me any trouble. Everything else I'm wearing is self-found. If you don't want to spend on FB right away, just stick with any high phys, attack speed 2-hander until you do.

You can't go wrong with this build, just follow the guide - alot of time has been put into it, and it works.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Hello Khavali :-)

So the 'proper' way doing is to start with the budget build/passive tree until later in-game (what the definition of 'later' will be I wonder?) and then respect using Orbs of Regret the skills that are not the same in the tree and slowly selling my old gear and buy the gear on the 'advanced' sections?

Well, according to guggelhupf this build should be able to kill all end bosses, so I guess this is indeed a good build to follow for what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks for clearing it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info