I LOL at people who say POE is dead

Y'know, generally speaking, a game that is doing demonstrably well doesn't need a legion of white knights standing in defense of it.

Also, comparing PoE to D3 is just silly at this point. D3 was botched from launch and experimented with a highly problematic RMT system. It didn't work, everyone knows that. Not to mention Blizzard doesn't make the player count public, so we really have no clue where they stand.

Besides, arguing in absolutes is idiotic to begin with. Saying PoE is good because D3 is bad ignores the very real possibility that both games are shit, it's just that PoE is free shit while D3 is $20-$40 shit. It doesn't take an economics major to figure this out.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Jun 27, 2016, 1:35:50 PM
Botched from the start? It was best at the start. Hardly anyone could get past act 2 let alone act 4. That means there was challenge and usually took team effort not just mindless grinding. Jay Wilson rocks screw the haters.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Botched from the start? It was best at the start. Hardly anyone could get past act 2 let alone act 4. That means there was challenge and usually took team effort not just mindless grinding. Jay Wilson rocks screw the haters.

Error 37.

End of discussion.
This is a buff™
"
Namcap wrote:
Wait there is a global chat in D3? I have 2k hours on that game and didn't know that.

This is a TriniGamer-thread! You shouldn't expect something useful or even small amounts of truth in such a thread. The guy is POE's no.1 troll.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Error 37.

End of discussion.

Error 37 made be mad for a week or two than it was fixed. POE's crashes and the whole rubberbanding bullshit makes me mad since more than 4 years now.

End of discussion.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
To be fair WW barb rubberbanded too for about a year. But yeah it's laughable to compare connectivity performance or stability. D3 wins hands down.

D3s problems were terrible itemization. Weapon damage, CC CD IAS were everything. Oh and armor life resits in defensive end.

Terrible build diversity which prolly tries into #1 quite a bit.

No end game after 1.3 care bear patch until rifts... about 2 years.

But stability is not one.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 27, 2016, 3:12:47 PM
PoE and D3 are completely different games, in a similar genre but with different audience. The more power creep in PoE the closer it is coming to D3. But D3 is fun for a short time when seasons start. Completely different pace to PoE, combat mechanics and dynamics etc. If the only thing you enjoy in ARPGs is trading, then D3 isn't for you. If you're looking to kill hordes of monsters and feeling generally really powerful, it does the job. Both games offer different things and have strengths and weaknesses. Neither are perfect.

If you haven't played D3 in years and only think back to the AH days, then you really can't make any comments and comparisons between the games.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I liked original inferno best. They nerfed it to the ground in 1.3-1.4 and hated it. Really hated it after AH gone and came here.

I thought I was the only one :3
Farming resplendent chests with the nether tentacles DH
Seems only yesterday that I gave Trini a lot of half bad weapons, and now he's beating über lab in seconds.

I'n not going to say what I'm thinking. I settle for "Gratz, man".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
666lol666 wrote:
Error 37 made be mad for a week or two than it was fixed. POE's crashes and the whole rubberbanding bullshit makes me mad since more than 4 years now.

End of discussion.

And I agree with you, but you are falling into the same childish way of thinking that everyone else is. The absolutes of "If A is bad, then B must be good." You don't get it. D3 and PoE are both terrible in their own unique little ways. The only reason, I repeat, ONLY reason why PoE might have an edge is that it's free. People will put up with more shit if it doesn't cost one red cent.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info