[2.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: 5 Keystone Horror Summoner [HC/SC/Atziri Viable]

Hello, thanks for your guides, i just switch from the 4 KS build to this new one.

I can't find horrors when using desecrate in dried lake. Is this a bug?
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
Abraxas1991 wrote:
Hello, i like the looks of this build and gona try it ASAP. So i am kinda newbie to a whole game and only build i played to 70+ is COC (got to leave it cz trash pc). Since i started playing i wanted to try Summoner and this build caught my eye. So i got a few question, prob gonna have more down the road.

1st what gems should i link with firestorm and flame totem while leveling?
2nd What gems should i level asap? Still Raise Zombie and Desecrate?

Tnx for the build.

Heya!

Well, let's get to it;

1) You've got 2 options here;
1st: Ancestral Bond (2x totems) which forces your Firestorm to be: Firestorm - Trap - Multitrap (otherwise it wont do dmg) which makes your Flame Totem early on have: Flame totem - added lightning - added cold (switch any for Faster Casting and the other for Controlled Destruction) when 4L add any of the previous ones till you can get yourself Faster Projectile and you're home free.

If you need help when I'm streaming, just pop right in for live assistance!

Tnx for the answer. What should be the gem setup if i decide not to go for Ancestral Bond?
"
LittleHarv wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, not so much looking for a kill on uber with summoner more of just a well if i wanted to. Keep up the good work man. looking forward to the next iteration.

Cheers! <3

"
anars wrote:
Hello, thanks for your guides, i just switch from the 4 KS build to this new one.

I can't find horrors when using desecrate in dried lake. Is this a bug?

They do not exist on Desecrate as my video guide explains.
You have to find them, kill them, raise them! Which is one of the cons of the build.

"
Abraxas1991 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
Abraxas1991 wrote:
Hello, i like the looks of this build and gona try it ASAP. So i am kinda newbie to a whole game and only build i played to 70+ is COC (got to leave it cz trash pc). Since i started playing i wanted to try Summoner and this build caught my eye. So i got a few question, prob gonna have more down the road.

1st what gems should i link with firestorm and flame totem while leveling?
2nd What gems should i level asap? Still Raise Zombie and Desecrate?

Tnx for the build.

Heya!

Well, let's get to it;

1) You've got 2 options here;
1st: Ancestral Bond (2x totems) which forces your Firestorm to be: Firestorm - Trap - Multitrap (otherwise it wont do dmg) which makes your Flame Totem early on have: Flame totem - added lightning - added cold (switch any for Faster Casting and the other for Controlled Destruction) when 4L add any of the previous ones till you can get yourself Faster Projectile and you're home free.

If you need help when I'm streaming, just pop right in for live assistance!

Tnx for the answer. What should be the gem setup if i decide not to go for Ancestral Bond?

Well, Flame Totem is a matter of taste but its links starts with Flame Totem - added lightning and/or cold then in when you get faster casting you replace either of the added same thing for controlled destruction. If in a 4L you re-add any of the added dmg gems till you get a Faster Projectile.

For Firestorm which will be your main focus its the exact same thing but change faster projectile for elemental focus or Increased AoE later, and make sure to switch faster casting for Spell echo later if you wish.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I decided that instead of leveling up with firestorm to stick with being a summoner from the start. Did I screw up?
leveling as a summoner is not impossible, its just as bad as smashing yourself in the face with your keyboard. It is doable just slow and miserable, GL.
"
I decided that instead of leveling up with firestorm to stick with being a summoner from the start. Did I screw up?

It's okey'ish, but slow compared to most other approaches.

"
LittleHarv wrote:
leveling as a summoner is not impossible, its just as bad as smashing yourself in the face with your keyboard. It is doable just slow and miserable, GL.

+1
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Well their attacks are not split between bleed/physical, it's 100% physical dmg which causes bleeding by 100% of all hits.

what i mean is that ggg made a mob that does both bleed damage and physical damage it stands to reason that they also made it do less physical to compensate for the bleed.

ie 80 damage + some bleed on this mob could have been just 100 damage and no bleed in another universe.

point being. their total damage is split between a physical component and a bleed component. things like say hatred can scale the flat physical component .. but not the bleed... thus the total damage of the horrors can be said to be split between bleed and flat physical as far as some scaling mechanics are concerned.

"

leveling as your first character in a league? yeah that is painful. as your second character? that is a different story.

summoners are a play style heavily dependent on he presence of key mechanics to work well. And first character summoners dont have access to all of them as part of natural progression until much later.

but if you have a few chaos to throw around you can use stuff like bones of ullr, lifesprig, matua, queens decree etc to make leveling with minions far more practical. the fundamental flaw of early game minions is their lack of resists and their lack of self sustainment

you can get around resists by brute forcing a larger hp pool (via using +1 skills items)
and sustaining is usually solve-able with animation flasks and a rejuvenation totem.

by level 35 you should technically be all set to play summoner as you have access to all the auras ... curses and summoners skills needed to keep your minion going.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 27, 2016, 2:25:36 PM
Thanks you for this great build Ghazzy i have an character and it works pretty well!
I follow you on twitch and it's very pleasant !
I have an question for you because you are an expert of the summoner's build ..
Sorry if it's not the right place to do it ghazzy=(.
I would like to play with conversion trap in main skill.. I know it's very hard to do Something around it .
I was thinking playing with guardians to give my charges /auras to my allies ...
So do you have an idea around it ? or do you have an other idea how i can use conversion trap in main skill ?
Thanks you ghazzy for your help , see you on twitch !
Last edited by Jerryuftw on Jun 27, 2016, 8:42:02 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Well their attacks are not split between bleed/physical, it's 100% physical dmg which causes bleeding by 100% of all hits.

what i mean is that ggg made a mob that does both bleed damage and physical damage it stands to reason that they also made it do less physical to compensate for the bleed.

ie 80 damage + some bleed on this mob could have been just 100 damage and no bleed in another universe.

point being. their total damage is split between a physical component and a bleed component. things like say hatred can scale the flat physical component .. but not the bleed... thus the total damage of the horrors can be said to be split between bleed and flat physical as far as some scaling mechanics are concerned.

"

leveling as your first character in a league? yeah that is painful. as your second character? that is a different story.

summoners are a play style heavily dependent on he presence of key mechanics to work well. And first character summoners dont have access to all of them as part of natural progression until much later.

but if you have a few chaos to throw around you can use stuff like bones of ullr, lifesprig, matua, queens decree etc to make leveling with minions far more practical. the fundamental flaw of early game minions is their lack of resists and their lack of self sustainment

you can get around resists by brute forcing a larger hp pool (via using +1 skills items)
and sustaining is usually solve-able with animation flasks and a rejuvenation totem.

by level 35 you should technically be all set to play summoner as you have access to all the auras ... curses and summoners skills needed to keep your minion going.

I can't agree with you regarding the bleed comments.
The bleed is directly scaling from how much the phys hit does. So if you scale the physical hit, the bleed will scale with it. Which doubledips like poison/ignite etc etc does towards Minion Damage. Which makes them insane, on both ends. The initial hit from the Knitted Horrors is insanely high the bleed itself is just an extra effect coming from the hit, simmilar to how Flame Sentinels fireballs can cause ignition as well as Stygian Revenants are causing shock.

However, your lvling summoner comments I agree with! :)

"
Jerryuftw wrote:
Thanks you for this great build Ghazzy i have an character and it works pretty well!
I follow you on twitch and it's very pleasant !
I have an question for you because you are an expert of the summoner's build ..
Sorry if it's not the right place to do it ghazzy=(.
I would like to play with conversion trap in main skill.. I know it's very hard to do Something around it .
I was thinking playing with guardians to give my charges /auras to my allies ...
So do you have an idea around it ? or do you have an other idea how i can use conversion trap in main skill ?
Thanks you ghazzy for your help , see you on twitch !

Cheers! <3
I think conversion trap is a well.. a TRAP!
well in terms of scaling , minions luck out in that you can completely get away with a build that scales dots and be viable.

heck with enough buffs you can make 10 zombies reach 1.4 million single target dps using poison. so the fact that hatred doesnt affect the bleed portion of horrors can be ... effectively ignored since its being scaled all on its own via double dipping .

spirit offering does sound good though, but i feel you should not use it all the time. in terms of clear speed the important part of flesh is obviously the movment speed rather than the attack speed ..

where as vs a boss or some particularly dangerous elemental blobs i can see spirit offering being an effective option.

that would probably allow me to drop purity of elements from my build in favour of hatred or haste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info