The melee hate?

"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:
I prefer fast clear speed ranged build any day so I don't get bored of the game.

That's a surefire way to get bored for me, melee is where the action and sportsmanship is, long range combat is pretty much shooting fish in the barrel. But yeah, I sometimes do feel like that love is onesided.

i lol'd at 'sportsmanship'

peace.

Sure, here's a classic guy that shoots animals out of sport, even he realized at some point that melee is way more sporty.

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I realize its semantics and everyone has their own definition but to me earthquake and lacerate etc are like spectral throw, ranged attacks with a melee weapon.

If you run Conc on EQ then sure its melee but really its just about whether you spend a majority of your time right next to something to do damage.

I like to use the new temple boss as an example of this, the boss was possessed by a ghost and i was lucky to get 20% uptime on my heavy strike champ, have to keep sidestepping, dodging slams etc and generally it gibs your dps.

The same boss with my frost spear self cast was more like 80% uptime, move slightly cast, move slightly cast etc.

The result was this fight was safer and faster as a ranged character, as long as your EQ reached the whole platform this would have been the case for EQ too so thats why it gets lumped in with ranged. In my experience this summarizes a vast majority of bosses, circle while casting works out as higher dps than a melee dodging mechanics in most circumstances.

The only boss I can think of atm where it actually benefits to be melee is Izaro, because he has so many mechanics going on simultaneously if you can facetank him he is considerably easier and faster than trying to kite him around a trap filled room dodging all his moves, unfortunately this also turns the fight into a gear check if you want to actually fight him this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info