Nerf life nodes... while boosting base life so life itself isn't nerfed

"
Japhasca wrote:
I'm sure the exact ratio of monster nerf to life node nerf is more meaningful, but at a glance, lowering monster damage and player life at the same time doesn't really do anything.

They didn't lower base life, life from Strength, or life on items though, just life nodes... so a character who takes no life nodes is unquestionably better off than before. It only looks the same before and after if you took a huge number of 8% life nodes that have now been brought down to 6%.
June 5:
"
finally they rebalanced life nodes but i feel like they also need to increase the base life so that stats like +life become less of a must and also this could nerf kaoms heart enough to be op as it currently is
June 11:
"
Spoiler
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

...and so, a great victory was won over Path of Life Nodes.

Really looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

-> path of es nodes
Zero credibility.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
man it really sucks to see that my expectations came true and every high level HC player tries to go for ci ... i hope ggg sees that aswell and finally buffs baselife some day
ign: ALLRAUDER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwoCQBBxO0&t=4m20s even kripp says that
1.0 "Players now receive two more life points per level."

thx GGG was a long way but finally some decent changes
Epic necro.

Also, I'd like to apologize to Schnupfndrache7 for accusing him of having zero credibility back in June. I've reversed my opinion since.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I agree partially with this thread.

Note: oh, and scrotie, in your example, you forgot to double the coral ring max base value from 30 to 60

I think 1/2 (50%) percentage values and 21 (200%) flat values might be a little extreme and unnecessary.
Instead, I think GGG should first try 4/5 (80%) the percentage values, and 5/4 (125%) the flat values, which is a subtler change and may be enough to produce the desired effect.

Even better would be to merge this idea with my idea of making all life nodes life+defense hybrids as suggested in my thread "Definitive Solution to Life"
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Oct 17, 2013, 1:30:29 PM
Congrats!
Love the idea, so tired of getting stuck with a mega-glasscannon because I don't grab every single life node.
"

* life per strength doubled to 1, from 0.5
* starting life reduced to 40 from 50
* all % life node values halved.

Glad this wasn't done.

The issue with life nodes is that they're boring, GGG is addressing that properly by adding hybrid nodes. Nerfing nodes outright would have achieved very little.

The issue with life is that getting good life rolls on gear is mandatory, GGG is addressing that by boosting base life. Starting life has nothing to do with that, and strength can mostly be gotten from gear so boosting it defeats the purpose. Strength is already an ok roll.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info