2.3.1 Patch Notes

"
Zombius wrote:
Bah...still having the bug where the game likes to crash a few times when I first load it...been having issues with this since the "faster game load times" patch...not for me sadly it's not true. I got in the second try which is nice...typically I get frozen on the first frame of Highgate, An invalid arguement, and unexpected error has occurred. Typically I have come to expect 3-4 attempts then everything is fine.

This.
This faster loading thing they introduced actualy requires more time than before to load the game.
Because it's a freaking failure and it crashes for half a minute until one can login.
Didn't you se that GGG when you were testing this?
Or the other tens of bugs you introduced?
Do you actualy spend time testing things or what?
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Now once again we see why this game is free.
It's not because it's a bad concept,it's one of the best of it's kind concept wise.
It's because the developing team does not care to deliver a flawless game.
They settle with a game that's full of bugs and barely playable compared to other paid games.
They must be ok with the income so why bother?
I hope one day they sell Path of Exile to a serious professional company that can deliver what we expect.
I could pay 49.99 for a flawless PoE,i've already paid double that on tabs and mtx.
Patches,over fixes,over patches,over fixes every week and nothing works as intended.

Dude if it was a one-time payment they would not be able to continue developing for the game. also as the game grows there will always be more bugs to fix that they just can't predict. The team does an excellent job of fixing the issues and providing a fix in a minimal amount of time. You don't seem to have any idea how much work goes into a game like this... Comparatively, diablo 3 gets a patch half the size of a PoE expansion once a year at best. They don't even develop league mods and new game mechanics! In addition, Diablo 3 is developed by a huge company and as a loss leader to draw people into their battle.net platform. If a AAA developer is providing so little, why do you expect so much of a small independent company?

Next time you comment on how the devs are apparently just greedy and don't care about their game, think about how much they are offering up for free at what I believe should be considered to be AAA standard quality and how few bugs they have compared to the volume of content available.
I just can't believe people are so misinformed and naive about game development.

EDIT: Just before someone thinks otherwise, I don't deny there are issues with the game currently. I'm just saying give the devs a chance. They are trying to fix things as fast as they can. You could help them by providing system specs and a detailed description of your issue.

For example:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CPU)
(Graphics card)
(Memory)
(OS)

Issue: blablabla
How to replicate issue: blablabla
Confirm that you have tried changing various graphical settings: yes/no
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I have severely reduced my framerate issues by turning off vsync. If you haven't tried that, do that.
Last edited by Incarcerated on Jun 22, 2016, 4:23:14 PM
"
Valkrei123 wrote:
I thought latency was going to be addressed in the patch? I'll be at 16 latency and then at random it loves to spike to 300+

This has been answered many times.
It is a global internet providers conspiracy that only affects poe and no other game.
Same goes for graphic performance with gpu manufacturers.
The game is fine.
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Now once again we see why this game is free.
It's not because it's a bad concept,it's one of the best of it's kind concept wise.
It's because the developing team does not care to deliver a flawless game.
They settle with a game that's full of bugs and barely playable compared to other paid games.
They must be ok with the income so why bother?
I hope one day they sell Path of Exile to a serious professional company that can deliver what we expect.
I could pay 49.99 for a flawless PoE,i've already paid double that on tabs and mtx.
Patches,over fixes,over patches,over fixes every week and nothing works as intended.

Dude if it was a one-time payment they would not be able to continue developing for the game. also as the game grows there will always be more bugs to fix that they just can't predict. The team does an excellent job of fixing the issues and providing a fix in a minimal amount of time. You don't seem to have any idea how much work goes into a game like this... Comparatively, diablo 3 gets a patch half the size of a PoE expansion once a year at best. They don't even develop league mods and new game mechanics! In addition, Diablo 3 is developed by a huge company and as a loss leader to draw people into their battle.net platform. If a AAA developer is providing so little, why do you expect so much of a small independent company?

Next time you comment on how the devs are apparently just greedy and don't care about their game, think about how much they are offering up for free at what I believe should be considered to be AAA standard quality and how few bugs they have compared to the volume of content available.
I just can't believe people are so misinformed and naive about game development.

First of all who talked about freaking d3?
A one time payment for a stable core game and support incomes from mtx and tabs for additional content could not be worse than support income only. It might were the case when noone knew this game,but not now.
Are you saying that it's impossible to completely fix the performance of this game no matter how much money the company throws on fixing it? If no,then more money will fix it. And expecting people to donate more money on a partialy broken game is unreal. You might give them,i won't.
They will lose player base.
I didn't say that the game lacks content or that they don't try fixing it.
I like the game that's why i comment.
They introduce 10 bugs that skipped quality control and then spend resources on fixing 8 of them.
On every single patch.
Game is half broken for 3 years now.
If you think that this instability is good for the game i don't know what to say.

Last edited by PsOfOs on Jun 22, 2016, 4:45:28 PM
"
vaidaraul wrote:
Still game crashes at start up to 2 times before it actually works...
Same here.. never happen til this expansion. : (
"
PsOfOs wrote:

A one time payment for a stable core game and support incomes from mtx and tabs for additional content could not be worse than support income only. It might were the case when noone knew this game,but not now.
Are you saying that it's impossible to completely fix the performance of this game no matter how much money the company throws on fixing it? If no,then more money will fix it. And expecting people to donate more money on a partialy broken game is unreal. You might give them,i won't.
They introduce 10 bugs that skipped quality control and then spend resources on fixing 8 of them.
On every single patch.
If you think that this instability is good for the game i don't know what to say.

I do believe Incarcerated was simply using D3 in referral to your claim of a "serious professional company."

Do I wish PoE was without bugs? Absolutely. Do I find that realistic? Absolutely not.

I love that you think more money will just magically fix everything, though. Just recently there was some downtime that they let us in on behind the scenes -- where the one person accidentally named a file wrong. That one little accident caused the server to have to go down. Is that something that money's going to fix? They can just throw some dollar bills at the screen and magic happens?

Sometimes it's just silly, little mistakes like that that can cause bugs in the system. And when you're powering through millions of lines of code looking for a semicolon instead of a colon... well, that can just take some time. But if they can identify ten major bugs, and fix 8 of them in a timely manner, then I have faith they'll get those last two. Maybe it's just something a little more complex or deeper in the system, and it just isn't as quick a fix as the others. Who knows? I don't. I'm not a game developer. Are you?

No one's forcing you to donate. No one's forcing me to donate. But I enjoy they game, and so I do.
Offerings could be Corrupted? Oh boy.. That sounds like a primo Collector's Item! BRB
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I played the whole day without any Bugs or Crashes.
The nasty Sound stuttering is gone - thanks for this Fix.
As others pointed out, the Portal-Sounds where way to loud!
I used a mtx-Portal which was almost silent before the patch (that was the reason i used it) now its a awful noise!

Please revert the Sound-Level to Pre-Patch or let us mute Portals.

Thanks again GGG for your good Work :)
"
LadyCouerlyn wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

On every single patch.

I do believe Incarcerated was simply using D3 in referral to your claim of a "serious professional company."

Do I wish PoE was without bugs? Absolutely. Do I find that realistic? Absolutely not.

I love that you think more money will just magically fix everything, though. Just recently there was some downtime that they let us in on behind the scenes -- where the one person accidentally named a file wrong. That one little accident caused the server to have to go down. Is that something that money's going to fix? They can just throw some dollar bills at the screen and magic happens?

Sometimes it's just silly, little mistakes like that that can cause bugs in the system. And when you're powering through millions of lines of code looking for a semicolon instead of a colon... well, that can just take some time. But if they can identify ten major bugs, and fix 8 of them in a timely manner, then I have faith they'll get those last two. Maybe it's just something a little more complex or deeper in the system, and it just isn't as quick a fix as the others. Who knows? I don't. I'm not a game developer. Are you?

No one's forcing you to donate. No one's forcing me to donate. But I enjoy they game, and so I do.

No,money won't prevent these rare things from happening.
But for poe they are not rare.
They happen constantly,every single patch.
But money will buy a new engine for this game.
They will buy better hardware and more people working.
They will buy better pre launch testing.
I'm not here to spread hate but after 3 years this game still feels like it's in a beta performance wise.
3 years of skills laging,client crashing, stutter,unplayable skills,effects that freeze your pc and so on.
It's like a relative who asked for money until he gets on his feet again and 3 years after he's in the same spot still asking for money.
Anyway,i like this game but for me it's unacceptable after 3 years of people donating performance is still 3/10.
And free to play is a business plan,not a charity.
"
"
dEus__ wrote:
Does anyone else have problems with sound and fps performance? I'm playing EA atm and I can't hear the arrows explosions at all. Other than that it feels like the game's fps are lower that before in certain situations.

I'm getting like half what I used to. Died a few times because my game basically freezing because too much stuff going on. I have a gtx 770 and I'm on minimum settings and only play solo, really I don't get it.

Yeah I experience the same. I have a GTX 960, on minimum settings and I'm getting half of the fps I used to. I'm gonna test the "-nosound" option tomorrow and see if anything changes.
Last edited by dEus__ on Jun 22, 2016, 9:34:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info