Monstrous treasure

"
q7bee wrote:
They can't spawn in tier 12+ maps and are significantly rarer the higher tier map you're in.

its 13+ not 12 + carthos can spawn on t12 maps
[Removed by Support]
So I've had two of these prophecy trigger.
I can't seem to get the third to trigger.

When i get home I'm going to try to open different maps, i was trying to get it to trigger using the same map
xINEVITABLEx
Hmm appears you're right. I had automatically associated the high tier segment with the addional maps of awakening, my bad.
I had one monstrous treasures pre-patch and one yesterday post-patch. Yesterday I found 1 cartographer's in a level 10 map while the first time I found none.
The first two times I got this prophecy it spawned on the very next map I did. Now I got it for the third time and have done two T11 maps without it spawning. Is there something up with that or is it just RNG?
"
databeaver wrote:
The first two times I got this prophecy it spawned on the very next map I did. Now I got it for the third time and have done two T11 maps without it spawning. Is there something up with that or is it just RNG?

I've only done this prophecy 4 times so take w/e results I got with a grain of salt.

Ofc I tried to get this to prophecy to proc on my T12s.
1st:
I rolled a 120+ iiq Shipyard. No pop.
I rolled a 100+ iiq Village Ruin. No pop.
I rolled a 110+ iiq Academy, no pop.
I put in a blue unid gorge, popped. No carto 3 arcanist.

2nd:
I put in an unid rare necropolis no pop.
Mid roll Strand (80iiq) no pop.
150 iiq 8 mods corrupted Residence, no pop.
White 18q corrupted Dungeon, popped, 1 carto 2 arcanist.

3rd:
I put in white gorge, popped, 0 carto 2 arcanist.

4th:
100+ iiq t9 no pop
100+ iiq t10 no pop
100+ iiq t11 no pop
100+ iiq t12 no pop
100+ iiq t12 no pop
100+ iiq t11 no pop
100+ iiq t10 no pop
100+ iiq t11 no pop
100+ iiq t10 no pop
(basically i did somewhere between 12 to 15 high roll t10+ maps all no pop)
then I put in a white strand 18q corrupted, popped 1 carto 3 arcanist.

Personally GGG probably has a scaling in place where the higher your IIQ and map tier you have the lower chance this prophecy could pop.

Then again I only did 4 of these.

I am sure some kid would come in and tell me I am wrong and how they got this prophecy to pop on 199 iiq T15 5 times in a row first try.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Thanks for sharing your results. Given that carto boxes are reportedly rarer on higher tier maps I wonder if it would be better to try to get the prophecy on a T8-9 map instead of a T11? With a good roll I could still get T10-11 maps from it to get a decent pool going. I only have three T11 maps and two T12 maps remaining, which I'm not sure are enough to be sustainable (and T12+ are not supposed to be sustainable anyway).
It really feels like GGG has a scaling system in place for this prophecy.

All 4 of mine popped on lower end maps almost instantly.

I am not brave enough to "test" the pop rate with white red maps tho.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 23, 2016, 6:34:05 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:24:36 PM
Got 2 more triggered in an Necropolis and an Bazaar and both had no Carto. It still needs some Maps to pop and it feels for me that Indoor Tilesets get a bit more often!-)
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info