[2.3] Milking Molten Strike to the max - Aegis/Mjölner/Taming, Block/Spellblock cap, ~500k+ dps

Manta works decently with Arc, but then you kinda want the chance to ignite gem supporting the Arcs, thus losing lightning pen. If you rely just on the rings (+amulet), you only have 10-15% chance to ignite, and thats just on the Arcs, not on the molten strike balls (so only your procc'd Arcs will ignite). Still, decent alternative if you lack a 6-link but have a Taming. You can potentially just use the free'd socket for something else as well even if you have a 6-link, like a Lightning strike for faster cleaning, like traditional Mjölner builds.
You can have 10% from the tree(Templar area)+15% from rings/amu. And that work both with arc and molten balls.
Last edited by TwiceBorned on Jun 29, 2016, 12:39:55 PM
Is this build viable on high tier solo maps on Prophecy? As you can imagine theres no "Taming" here so im not sure if killing high end bosses is possible.
"
Deziowy wrote:
Is this build viable on high tier solo maps on Prophecy? As you can imagine theres no "Taming" here so im not sure if killing high end bosses is possible.

hes playing on prophecy, u just have to make the taming yourself
There are multiple ways to get the Taming. Yes, it is expensive as hell, but it fits under the "luxury" category - it is only really needed for bosses, and for rares in high tier maps. You can make do without it until you can farm it. Gladiator's "gratuitious violence" also helps in clearing, prepare for some nice chain gorexplosions.
If you like playing lottery, buy the "heterochromia" cards, and hope for a Berek's Respite - if you get it, you pretty much have a Taming already.
Just Got the Taming :) Making this build as we speak... Was lucky and got the Respite for 1 exalt
That's cheap as duck. How is your progress?
Im currently level 61 so i still have a long way to go.. tried to equip mjolner but Damage seems weak as fuck so i swapped back to Earthquake untill i can get more int and use Both Rings
I made this build the other day. Got to 89 so far in prophecy. Have to say its tanky as hell. I don't agree with getting endurance charges at all. Just go for more life or att spd maybe. I'm sitting at like 5900 life and 1200 es. 27k armor. I don't think I can die to anything. Did quite a few double boss colosseims for people ( extra damage, vul, posion on hit, didn't matter what the mods are)

I did make it to lvl 100 on a aegis build with ice crash when it was out in warbands. But this mjohlner build really is quite cheap besides taming if you know what gear to look for. Jewels are really cheap. Without taming the dps is a lot weaker vs single target rares and bosses in high teir maps.

I think I will even roll with it next league. Having a lot of fun on it now. I like being as tanky as I can. And the dps is just a big plus here.
Last edited by cavespro on Jul 7, 2016, 2:59:38 AM
Hi, thank you for the guide. I have a question. How would you compare your build to a regular mjolner build using voll's amulete. Do you think this build can do uber atziri?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info