Name your 3 most broken things in PvP

hmmmm, cant stick with 3 only

op stuff:

inquisitor with blade vortex, firestorm, tempest shield and molten shell (arguably the strongest things atm)

everything related to trigger gems, EA, barrage, discharge

"hidden" op stuff:

vinktarleech+retch+mom is op as fuck if left uncountered, mom in general is op as well (Dear Mulla this is why bloodless is actually the best life node in the whole tree)

scolds+zerphi's is an annoying/easy way to make a char tanky

herald of lightning can be made really strong but at least its counterable to an extent

vortex

overrated stuff:

aegis, traps, mines, LA and bows in general (bows are truly op only with barrage and even with that they get owned by casters)

Last edited by lapiz on Jun 20, 2016, 11:59:23 AM
Yeah those flasks are so strong, very few people are aware of this.

This kind of corruption help even more
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 20, 2016, 12:08:54 PM
"
lapiz wrote:
hmmmm, cant stick with 3 only

op stuff:

inquisitor with blade vortex, firestorm, tempest shield and molten shell (arguably the strongest things atm)

everything related to trigger gems, EA, barrage, discharge

"hidden" op stuff:

vinktarleech+retch+mom is op as fuck if left uncountered, mom in general is op as well (Dear Mulla this is why bloodless is actually the best life node in the whole tree)

scolds+zerphi's is an annoying/easy way to make a char tanky

herald of lightning can be made really strong but at least its counterable to an extent

vortex

overrated stuff:

aegis, traps, mines, LA and bows in general (bows are truly op only with barrage and even with that they get owned by casters)

If you're talking about countering leech abuse/mechanics, yes...it is and it's completely fair. Especially with the increased damage while leeching bull introduced into the game. That side of the tree needs that versus those that can't easily reach Bloodless or miss the helm corrupt. Initial conversation didn't touch on that. It was basically about how he wanted to be able to leech more consistently versus players for more survival.

Yes Scolds, Zerphi's and Pathfinder have ridiculous synergy.

As for the overrated stuff. Aegis is problematic versus a lot of builds but truly it is overrated. Traps, while counter-able are stupid on a bower. That synergy is overkill but in pure trapper form, again frustrating but overrated and counter-able. Lightning arrow requires gimmicks with cwdt flame dash etc..which shouldn't even be in PvP in the first place. Without conversion talisman,rng, a low level flame dash cwdt to avoid secondary damage it's far from overrated. Bows in general are staggering between Caster for number 1 Pvp option and it's been that way since BCR was implemented. Casters have always been the best option since day 1 of beta.

Where's that RT melee you were going to make Lapiz, 1h or 2h I don't remember what you promised to unleash on the community. Not trying to be a dick with anything I wrote I'm just curious.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jun 20, 2016, 5:51:11 PM

Imo this make RT irrelevant, with this (very cheap) amulet, Evasion become a non existant problem (not like anyone was building on it anyway) as well as blind. It allow you to go the crit way or just build it enough to use Elemental Overload. In both scenario it open 2H to extra damages, surgeon flasks and status on crit.

Right now I see no reasons at all to gimp yourself with RT except for some really specific Mjolner Builds.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 20, 2016, 6:10:33 PM

ahem
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Ill counter you with those
"
IceDeal wrote:

Imo this make RT irrelevant, with this (very cheap) amulet, Evasion become a non existant problem (not like anyone was building on it anyway) as well as blind. It allow you to go the crit way or just build it enough to use Elemental Overload. In both scenario it open 2H to extra damages, surgeon flasks and status on crit.

Right now I see no reasons at all to gimp yourself with RT except for some really specific Mjolner Builds.

I am curious to know what kind of RT you are talking about because if you use this amu+kaom
good luck having the right amount of overcapped resist using a 2h.

Yea shield users can use this amu and still get lot of resists but for 2h you need close to perfect jewleries then.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
MullaXul wrote:
Casters have always been the best option since day 1 of beta.

Except that EA was literally unbeatable just before ascendancy..

"
MullaXul wrote:
Where's that RT melee you were going to make Lapiz, 1h or 2h I don't remember what you promised to unleash on the community. Not trying to be a dick with anything I wrote I'm just curious.

I'm sure you as well are aware you appear as a dick to others even without trying. But yeah since you don't play the game you wouldn't know. That talk was before ascendancy where I actually made the char right away. It did beat or at least had a fair chance against pretty much everything except EA (but then again there weren't that good many chars out there anyways).

Now creating such a char would definitely be harder since everything got buffed so hard. Even summoners are great now (against life builds at least)..!? But even still I'm fairly sure that sort of melee would beat everything but the absolute best builds at the moment. It's harder now though because the general quality of pvp characters has gone up for some reason. Ascendancy made everything easier, which I guess is a good thing. The amount of actual hard counters to basically anything has been going up a lot recently.

"
Head_Less wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

I am curious to know what kind of RT you are talking about because if you use this amu+kaom
good luck having the right amount of overcapped resist using a 2h.

Yea shield users can use this amu and still get lot of resists but for 2h you need close to perfect jewleries then.

You forget you dont have to go hrimnor's helm anymore with melees I guess? Also there are so many ways around resist problems I dont think its even a remotely valid argument for not using certain unique combinations..

The RT char that could work is some sort of bleedpoison one that isn't wearing kaoms but instead using a 6link and mind over matter.

The real problem of melees is that they have a grand total of zero skills/interactions to get past block and dodge. For an example, casters can just ignore all of that and not even use BCR pretty much.
I feel really badly about continuing to help to derail this thread as this is what always happens, feedback lost in "walls of text" as people who hate reading call it. But I feel at this point it's already happening and if we're having discussions about the feedback (let's try to keep dick measuring to a minimum please) then it isn't entirely lost.

Lapiz, I swapped my hrimnors out for my rare helm with eq enchant on it for a couple days on my 2h melee and it was brutal in pvp. I realize you could be inferring about juggernaut with the frozen/chill portion, but there shouldn't have to be one ascendancy class in order to have a good melee char.

Everyone and their dog uses either vortex, AA, or ice glove enchant - and vortex will only grow since it is insanely OP and everyone knows it. Combine those things with enhance/tc enchant/tc (or God forbid, all off those things like your characters tend to use), and my poor tiny 10k life melee guy is done before I even reach my enemy. Heat flasks aren't good enough, and not everyone is or wants to be a pathfinder/juggernaut.

I'd much rather use a helm slot for freeze & chill immunity (while also managing to still get 30coldres/40fire dmg from it so not really a complete sacrifice), than a ring slot (175%+res) for either curse-nerf-effect OR freeze immunity (no chill immunity). I'm sure many melees in the future will go voidheart which is understandable, but that will just perpetuate the challenge of being sufficiently overcapped when it's more important than ever.

I would really like to see someone pull off a MoM melee character without a soul taker, but if you lose the large life pool/bm on tree, then the synergy/sustain of a 6L ranged offhand suffers and I think that a good offhand is needed now more than ever as well. DOT EQ and EA offhand both work great v blockers without having to use bcr. Of course if they are CI blockers then I obviously replace poison/rapid with bcr/fa or hypo.

Just my thoughts, and my apologies again for any thread derailment.
<3
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 21, 2016, 7:13:18 AM
"

I would really like to see someone pull off a MoM melee character without a soul taker, but if you lose the large life pool/bm on tree, then the synergy/sustain of a 6L ranged offhand suffers and I think that a good offhand is needed now more than ever as well. DOT EQ and EA offhand both work great v blockers without having to use bcr. Of course if they are CI blockers then I obviously replace poison/rapid with bcr/fa or hypo.

Just my thoughts, and my apologies again for any thread derailment.
<3

I had this a few days ago, it used static strike, mom, retch, vinktar (6k hp, 1,5k open mana), max spellblock, tooltip in static strike around 120k with bcr (could swap into frost blades/lstrike as well against wallspammers/vortex etc)

It seemed to be really good vs most things but I couldnt kill shins zerphispam with it so I abandoned it for now

Earthquake is definitely the way to go as a melee but unfortunately I cant use it with my sol barb ;<<<

Good thing every pvp passive tree looks exactly the same so you dont lose many regrets swapping builds -.-
Last edited by lapiz on Jun 21, 2016, 8:07:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info