[2.4] Essence Drain/Contagion NECROMANCER - HC Viable, Low Budget to get started

Nothing surrounding this build has changed for 2.4 except that Pierce lost 10% of it's More multiplier.
Hello,

I have a question concerning this build: why is bone offering used when There are no active minions (at least it's not stated in the current gear tab that minions are used)?
If I misread something or I'm simply wrong please say so, this is my first time playing this game so I don't know how most mechanics work.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

-Edit: I just saw the answer to my question, I suppose I need to learn to read everything before asking questions.
Last edited by skychicken1 on Sep 25, 2016, 3:11:07 AM
Heya, nice build, thinking about doing it for my next league starter.
One question tho, would you consider The scourge unique claw instead of the wand? You get 85% increased minion damage from the ascendancy, scourge gives you another 70% basically all the time. And the damage also affects potential poison linked to ED. For raw damage, i think the claw beats even a really good rolled wand. Unless you rely on any other affixes like proj speed or resistances.
"
Nantucket wrote:
First off, nice build! I was wondering why you'd go the Necromancer Route. With Occultist you get the extra curse plus you can get the -20% chaos resist. Also, there are no minions in the build to benefit from the bonuses in Necromancer.

The Necromancer's "Mistress of Sacrifice" ascendancy node is critical to this build, so Bone Offering applies to you. With Spirit Eater and Commander of Darkness, you get 50% increased damage, a large amount of attack and cast speed, plus +20% to all elemental resistances. Definitely not bad!

Also you don't lose the +1 curse by taking Necromancer over Occultist because Malediction is behind Profane Bloom which most ED users don't take since ED doesn't spread via Profane Bloom (as far as I'm aware).
Last edited by midtown on Nov 9, 2016, 1:51:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info