2.3 - The Frost Nuke™ - Crit Vortex + Herald - Full screen explosions

"
Trems84 wrote:
Hi im loving the build but i am dying a lot geting one shots from phys mobs... i was thinking why did you go es? what about going evasion or even armor?

I don't know how you're dying. Nothing should ever really touch you. I have 6.5k effective health and I barely ever lose more than just my ES. Just watch how I play and try to emulate that I guess.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Hi, I'm currently levelling this build, it's great so far but I have a few questions :

1/ did you try Ice Nova instead of vortex in the endgame situation? For levelling I like the low mana cost of Vortex but the base crit / aoe / cast time from Ice Nova could be maybe more interesting as soon as the mana issue has been solved?

2/ You are currently using dual wand + carcass jack, wouldn't dual divinarius + high ES rare chest or 1 divinarius + beast fur shawl + high ES/spelldamage shield better in terms of survivability without losing AOE and DPS?
Also that would allow us to use Whirling Blades instead, which is always interesting I guess.

3/ I don't really realize the damage at gem lvl 19-20 but don't you want to scale a little bit the degen damage from vortex? Currently this damage isn't affected by crit or by the CtF conversion/bnus damage. Is the initial hit really that good against bosses with no adds (Atziri, Izaro, Daresso and stuff), and does this justify the absence of duration/spell damage/elemental damage on the tree and gems?
"
Xoebus wrote:
Hi, I'm currently levelling this build, it's great so far but I have a few questions :

1/ did you try Ice Nova instead of vortex in the endgame situation? For levelling I like the low mana cost of Vortex but the base crit / aoe / cast time from Ice Nova could be maybe more interesting as soon as the mana issue has been solved?

2/ You are currently using dual wand + carcass jack, wouldn't dual divinarius + high ES rare chest or 1 divinarius + beast fur shawl + high ES/spelldamage shield better in terms of survivability without losing AOE and DPS?
Also that would allow us to use Whirling Blades instead, which is always interesting I guess.

3/ I don't really realize the damage at gem lvl 19-20 but don't you want to scale a little bit the degen damage from vortex? Currently this damage isn't affected by crit or by the CtF conversion/bnus damage. Is the initial hit really that good against bosses with no adds (Atziri, Izaro, Daresso and stuff), and does this justify the absence of duration/spell damage/elemental damage on the tree and gems?

1 - I did try ice nova and because of how much crit we end up getting, vortex's base damage + the DoT is clearly superior. And as you mentioned, there's the mana issue.

2 - Wands have had their implicit doubled, they recently got a new T1 spell damage as well as a new T1 cast speed. Meanwhile, whirling blades speed without attack speed got nerfed. My super low duration warp trumps a slow whirling blades by a landslide. Divinarius has pretty shitty damage compared to my wands. You could do 1 wand + a shield if you're worried about survivability. You won't lose too much damage (if you get a spell + spell crit shield) and you'll definitely gain a lot of ES. Also, as I've mentioned, you CAN use beast fur shawl and go ES if that's what you want. I like going hybrid because I get to use life flasks.

3 - The whole purpose of this build is to speed clear maps. For that you need the crit. Unfortunately we don't get enough skill points to get tons of crit, tons of life AND tons of spell damage. You gotta pick 2. All the way up to tier 14, boss kills are relatively easy. This build wasn't made to farm atziri (even tho it can) and it wasn't made to farm T15 maps (even tho it can do all extremely easily except the bosses). So while you COULD scale the degen by linking duration or elemental focus or speccing into more spell damage, you'd be sacrificing the unbelievably fast pace you can have while mapping with this. Just add domination to a map and see what I mean. It's nuts.

Good questions tho. Basically what I'm trying to say is that this build was made with a specific purpose in mind. You can stray away from it and/or add ideas, but ultimately if you want the chain reactions, what I'm doing is pretty much as good as it gets.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Thanks for the answers!

I guess the boss issue (if there is one) can be easily solved by switching gems and adding controlled destruction, increased duration or conc effect to the mix :)
I'll record some more videos to show you why boss kills are a non-issue.
Added a video of a full atziri clear + some high tier boss kills.
Great build!
How you obtain chaos damage in your DPS Screenshot? I cant find any item/passive which justify that ...
Thx
Interesting skill, Vortex. I'd say this is basically a normal cold crit build with the extra of the area range nodes.

Which means if you want this ranged, you can just replace vortex with cold snap, if you find an easy way to get the needed power charges to chain cold snap, no? Could be practical in some cases where you want to avoid face tanking whiel your gear is not really up to par, yet. Or did I overlook something?
"
voonvoon wrote:
Interesting skill, Vortex. I'd say this is basically a normal cold crit build with the extra of the area range nodes.

Which means if you want this ranged, you can just replace vortex with cold snap, if you find an easy way to get the needed power charges to chain cold snap, no? Could be practical in some cases where you want to avoid face tanking whiel your gear is not really up to par, yet. Or did I overlook something?

I don't know if you've been watching the videos but...there is no tanking. Things just die.

Sustaining power charges reliably with cold snap on a boss is impossible unless you go non crit and use romira's. I don't know what you mean by gear not being up to par. If someone wanted much better items than mine, he'd have to drop exalts by the dozens.

@question concerning chaos damage: Atziri's Promise.
How do you get enough Dex for the Carcass Jack? I have taken 30 in the tree and im still 7 Dex short for it so I grabbed another 30 node off the side but that's a skill point being wasted basically. Should I just try find a jewel with some Dex or am I just being stupid and missing dex in the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info