Patch 2.3.0e

"
Schnapser wrote:
Yesterday my new SSD arrived so I reinstalled Windows and the game (copying the files from previous installation) and played without any problem. Now the patcher makes me download 7,55GB ò.ò
Guess I'll try and copy the files again before downloading it again

Edit: Copying the old files doesn't work, patcher still makes me download more that 7GB. Unbelievable.

that's steam, right?
you can avoid downloading all the resources again by copying the pathofexile.exe from the standalone installation into the steam folder and run it. it should patch the resource file for you so steam can use it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
GGG you guys must really hate me:(

As soon as I find myself a new toy/skill to play with you nerf it

First you nerf my blink/mirror arrow trap summoner I had a lot of fun with in the last weeks of perandus and was planning on playing in prophecy. It was a quite strong build but not a top tier, and change to cluster traps hurt it a lot to a point it's no longer that fun to play.

Then I found that 2.3 buffed shield charge is nice. So I decided to go with Doryani's Fist + Crown of Eyes + Elementalist to make a hipster VMS-like build, and it worked, it was fun, it had potential. Couple days in the league and you nerfed it to a point I won't be playing it anymore.

+

The sound changes that don't suit my tastes. Especially when the music and background sounds are muted while your character or npc speaks.

Prophecies just after a few days are starting to be more annoying than rewarding. No rare monsters spawning for the "slay powerfull foe that will drop unique" prophecy even after couple dozens of instances created, or tempests not spawning.

The fact that you decided to adress a chaos conversion problem in the worst possible way by retroactively nerfing items and you called it a "system change".

ok, that's about enough of me ranting.
"
vio wrote:
"
Schnapser wrote:
Yesterday my new SSD arrived so I reinstalled Windows and the game (copying the files from previous installation) and played without any problem. Now the patcher makes me download 7,55GB ò.ò
Guess I'll try and copy the files again before downloading it again

Edit: Copying the old files doesn't work, patcher still makes me download more that 7GB. Unbelievable.

that's steam, right?
you can avoid downloading all the resources again by copying the pathofexile.exe from the standalone installation into the steam folder and run it. it should patch the resource file for you so steam can use it.

I used to play and update it via Steam, for a matter of convenience. Then I noticed that the standalone client had the daily deal highlighted, and a friend told me that updates were faster than Steam, so I put the normal pathofexile.exe in the Steam folder and played through it (could also farm cards on Steam while playing PoE). Then I saw that updating the client through the normal pathofexile.exe didn't prevent Steam from updating again, redownloading the same stuff twice, as it didn't check what there already was, so I decided to stick with Steam updates and then play via standalone.
Yesterday I reinstalled Windows and PoE, this time outside Steam. I took the installation folder from the other hdd, copied it into my programs folder, then ran the standalone setup: in a few seconds it completed installation, without downloading anything. I played in the afternoon and in the evening without a single problem.
This morning, however, it started updating (2.3.0e), but I saw 7,55GB download. I thought the content.ggpk could have been corrupted somehow (it happens sometimes), so I took the one from the other hdd and put it in the folder. Started the client, same problem. It is nearly impossible that the two packages on two different devices became corrupted at the same time, so I don't really know what the problem is.
Literally had zero problems with the new patch while everyones complaining
I shake my head at this indirect shield charge nerf - That's messed up. I dont even care about the AoE. But you guys should really revert the distance nerf. Thats so messed up!
After release 2.3.0 and 2.3.0b patch it was impossible to play. After 2.3.0c could play with compatibility mode win xp sp3 (have win7). It was fine. After 2.3.0d could play only with --nosound and --nopreload with random spikes. Now, after 2.3.0e have big spikes when killing monsters if --nopreload, if not, have spikes all time.
still having issues with loading freezing and random crashes the D.C servers are still crap
¿Why u nerfed Shield Charge?. There are a lot of skills more powerfull.
U change shield charge for be more playable, and now its a death skill again =(.
"
Schnapser wrote:
so I put the normal pathofexile.exe in the Steam folder and played through it (could also farm cards on Steam while playing PoE). Then I saw that updating the client through the normal pathofexile.exe didn't prevent Steam from updating again, redownloading the same stuff twice, as it didn't check what there already was, so I decided to stick with Steam updates and then play via standalone.

i'm not using steam so i can't verify that but the standalone client updating the resource file for steam did work for players before, i read that in the forums.

maybe ggg did change something so the resource files for steam and standalone differ. can you try to check the file on steam after updating it with the standalone exe like rory described here:
"
Rory wrote:
If you play the client through Steam you will need to right-click Path of Exile in your Steam Library and select Properties > Local Files > Verify Game Cache
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 8, 2016, 4:37:02 PM
Game is still unplayable for me, since Prophecy release, unbelievable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info