2.3.0d Hotfix

Are these small patches taking an extremely long time for anyone else?

7mb patch took like 10 mins to pre-allocate, download and install through steam. 2.3.0b,c and d have all been this way.
"
jagrock wrote:
Are these small patches taking an extremely long time for anyone else?

7mb patch took like 10 mins to pre-allocate, download and install through steam. 2.3.0b,c and d have all been this way.

Yes, that terrible pre-allocation is normal.
I had the lacerate cutting out all POE sound bug, and this patch seems to have resolved it!
"
Avmantox wrote:
My wife left me

This is getting old...

Anyway, thanks GGG. Keep up the good work! :)
"
spiralofhope wrote:
I hope the hideous lag spikes get fixed soon.

I also notice that lag spikes appear more often than they used to. I guess it relates to the continuos loading rather than preloading huge chunks of data. Would be nice if you took this into consideration too.
Last edited by pathfinding on Jun 6, 2016, 1:25:45 AM
Freeze and Crash Simulator 2016 still stuck/freeze my character in town. Unable to process any single inch.

Congrez GGG. You just beat the most disappoint update ever since Throwing bag simulator MT/drill strike.
I really, really, really hope that you can fix or remove proudly preload - I mean optimize before this Plaguephecy update end.
The content this patch was good, but the bugs were the worst, ever.
I've had for the first time ever, 3 complete game crashes and countless sound crashes since 2.3. I really hope the sound crashes are fixed now.
I am having the same FPS spikes and stutter like on 2.3.0b.

2.3.0c from yesterday fixed it, but 2.3.0d brought is back. :(

History:

2.3.0 was OK.
2.3.0b was BROKEN - I could not play for 1 day because of this.
2.3.0c was OK.
2.3.0d it is BROKEN again.

From patchnotes 2.3.0c, I can conclude it is something about either Asynchronous preloading (I have Win7 btw) or specific asset preloading.

p.s. from my recent testing, it seems that 230d is dropping FPS even more than 230b. Completely unplayeable for me.

2.3c was a cruise yesterday - played for 5+ hours straight at 60+ FPS.
Last edited by npavcec on Jun 6, 2016, 4:50:57 AM
These patches are taking 10 - 15 min to download/pre-allocate. GGG can you please work with steam on getting this issue fixed, other games dont take this much time to download/pre-allocate, take Dota 2 as an example.

Thank you.
"
These patches are taking 10 - 15 min to download/pre-allocate. GGG can you please work with steam on getting this issue fixed, other games dont take this much time to download/pre-allocate, take Dota 2 as an example.

Thank you.

the problem is the .ggpk file. It's ~9gigs large, and the steam updater has to unpack and edit this rather large file. The stand-alone updater is better suited for this task, but if you must use steam (i'm with you, i much prefer using steam) then you're gonna get a rather long update time.. ways to mitigate this? stop using steam to play PoE or get a SSD. other wise, it's probably going to be slow updating till the end of time or until GGG breaks up the content into smaller files.
Legacy SC IGN: TotenkinderAlstar
SC IGN: AlephAlphaNil

When I was young / Yeah I used to believe it / That the stars in the night sky
Were suns that refused to sink / And then I sank

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info