[2.5] Hit Once, Hit Hard - Shield Charge Facebreakers - [Cheap, SC]

"
Looks fun. It does not seem the shield choice matters much which is nice.

There are tons of choices for shields. Personally, I prefer to use the Great Ward shield for the flat phys and spellblock.

However, arguments could be made that a high armour shield with good defenses is better.

"
Something helpful for people leveling into the build might be a progressive skill tree.

I'll put that up sometime in the next few days.

It's pretty hard to skill the build wrong, as facebreaker carries itself easily though the early to mid levels of the game. By that point, the progressive skilltree is pointless.

I'll see if i can get together 60 and 80 point skilltrees.
Last edited by Kinertia on Jun 6, 2016, 1:04:22 AM
Bandits?
Whelp it was short lived.
2.3.0e Shield Charge now has 20% less area of effect and the maximum distance has been increased from 50 to 60.
"
Whelp it was short lived.
2.3.0e Shield Charge now has 20% less area of effect and the maximum distance has been increased from 50 to 60.

Well damage is the same and with Herald of Ash id doesn't matter at all. You still wreck everything
My build will be unaffected by the changes. I don't use short-distance charges for clearing packs. Also, any straggler that might survive the charge can be easily finished off with shield charge.

Keep in mind that this build was designed for the old shield charge (and that had no AoE whatsoever)
Why u link "add fire" with "Herald Of Ash"? I dont think it will effekt it that much.
@Funderskov

Thank you for catching that. It is meant to be increased AoE. I will fix that asap
Last edited by Kinertia on Jun 11, 2016, 10:38:03 PM
Hey so im kind of confused on how this build works

Where does the damage come from does it come from infernal blow or shield bash. Because infernal blow i dont think can be applied on hit so im really confused

I looked though out your post and could not find a answer so if someone could please explain this to me that would be super !
what about determination instead of grace? i get a lot more amour with that.
"
Where does the damage come from does it come from infernal blow or shield bash. Because infernal blow i dont think can be applied on hit so im really confused

The majority of the damage comes from the shield charge. However, sometimes the charge doesn't kill the whole pack. Anything that survives gets hit w/ the infernal blow for very high overkill damage.

The AoE from HoA is larger than the explosion from infernal blow, so the prolif can spread.

"
what about determination instead of grace? i get a lot more amour with that.

I get more armour from grace because my gear is sub-par. However, if you get more w/ determination, i'd go with that.

Keep in mind that you can only run 1 aura w/ the HoA setup. I only use that aura on maps with scary mods.

Pre reduced-mana change, I was able to run both,
Last edited by Kinertia on Jun 20, 2016, 1:13:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info