Ancestral Warchief

One quality of life improvement I would like to see for this skill, and other similar vaal totem skills, is an ability to distinguish between normal and vaal totems on the character buff queue in the top left.

Currently, if I have both a normal and vaal ancestral warchief out, I have no way to distinguish which totem died/expired. Most of the time this is not an issue, since vaal totem normally expires quickly and it is easy to guess which one went down. However, sometimes when a mob one shots my normal ancestral warchief, I accidentally drop a 2nd vaal ancestral warchief because I think the active vaal is the normal totem since it lasted longer. This is obviously less then ideal if I am trying to chain the vaal skill one after another on dps intensive bosses.

I see two possible solutions to this issue. Allow the duration timer to appear below totems. Change the art on vaal ancestral warchief icon to have the heart icon on it to distinguish it from the normal skill on the buff bar.

Last edited by Bids on Jul 16, 2019, 12:35:23 AM
just want to know if Close Combat Support works for Warchief. It shows up in the Tooltip picture but i dont know if it actually works
i am my own cockblock
So for cosmetics, is there a reason to really separate between the various totem types for what can be applied? I purchased the eagle guardian totem skin thinking I could skin my ancestral warchief with them, but turns out I cannot. It just seems odd to make totems have different categories for skins, especially when the ones for specific skills, are so less cool than the ones for specific skill gems.
Does %increased Damage While Leeching gives damage with Tukohama chieftain passive?
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Can I get any confirmation on if the new Chieftain passive Tawhoa will have a independent cool down per warchief totem or just 1 global cooldown?
Note that multistrike support only works with the normal ancestral warchief. If you have the vaal version you lose a gem link when you summon that one.

So i have been contemplating replacing multistrike support with something else.

Just some important information i thought i'd share so the next guy trying this won't make the same mistake i did.

Edit: Same with ruthless i have in this chest.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 18, 2021, 11:26:52 AM
Does anyone know if ancestral warchief while dual wielding counts as mainhand and offhand?

I can't find information on this, all I've read is from 4 years ago that says it used to say mainhand on the tooltip but it doesn't say mainhand anywhere that I can see.

I'd like to use it with dual wielding mastery that gives maim and blind from mainhand/offhand respectively, but if it's mainhand hits only still that'd mean I can't.

"
starklife wrote:
Does anyone know if ancestral warchief while dual wielding counts as mainhand and offhand?

I can't find information on this, all I've read is from 4 years ago that says it used to say mainhand on the tooltip but it doesn't say mainhand anywhere that I can see.

I'd like to use it with dual wielding mastery that gives maim and blind from mainhand/offhand respectively, but if it's mainhand hits only still that'd mean I can't.

Sine dual wielding normally does this:

"While dual wielding, when you use an attack skill you will use the skill with your main hand then use it on the off hand, alternating with each use."

I'd guess that Totems also alternate Weapons. But since you can never be sure I tested it, and it can apply both.
Hi Exiles!

I have a question regarding new chieftain.

He has a note with support skills
Equipped body armour are supported by level 30 ancestral call
Equipped body armour are supported by level 20 fist of war

Now, my question is. Does fist of war support Ancestral Warchief? (not vaaled)
"
Hi Exiles!

I have a question regarding new chieftain.

He has a note with support skills
Equipped body armour are supported by level 30 ancestral call
Equipped body armour are supported by level 20 fist of war

Now, my question is. Does fist of war support Ancestral Warchief? (not vaaled)

It does not. The fist of war support gem has a line stating "Only skills you use yourself can receive the boost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info