[2.3] Making builds for everyone! (Now closed!)

"
Pyrollusion wrote:

Okay so if this isnt going to be viable just tell me its fine. I just realized that I wont be able to pull this off without help.

I wanna do a CoC Flicker Strike Trickster using only Vortex (with a couple of supports like conc. effect or inc. aoe) as a linked spell and scaling spelldamage with a weapon like divinarius for example. Damage could be okay, frenzy generation is up to the ascendancy nodes the only problem I have is that Im not sure if I can get enough crit. Besides, the tree i made just wont work.
In essence I wanna cover the whole map in vortexes and let the DoT do its work. Do you think this would be possible?

First of all, its going to work, you're talking to someone who literally makes the whackiest stuff, every day, so, yes, it will work.

As for divinarius, good choice! although to be fair, if you want more impact with the CoC, i would go with a Bino's, not only because of its poison mechanic, but also due to its increased DoT, which is a major bonus for Vortex... ill explain, with quoting what you wrote

"im not sure if i can get enough crit" will only directly relate to the crit of your CoC (Flicker) so, in order do utilize that, we use Bino's.

As for "i wanna cover the whole map in vortexes, and let DoT do its work", you can definitely make that happen. I am going to give you a makeshift tree (it wont be perfect by any means, but it will give you a direction)

poeurl.com/IAo

The life is a little low, but thats because we're going crit shadow, which generally means, glass cannon.

As for your trickster ascendancy, im assuming you're going with the following 3 notable nodes "Swift Killer, Patient Reaper and Walk the Aether" (since, Flicker Strike is a movement based skill, and thats just, you dont even need to Blood magic or mana leech that shit.

So, imo, go dual wield Bino's, with a 6l of Flicker, Multistrike, CoC, Vortex, Rapid Decay and Conc Effect.

In order to proc power charges, youll be using a blasphemy + assassins mark

Auras will might aswell be Haste or Hatred, one of those works perfectly.

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Kralira (meaning, either Kraityn, or Alira, your choice).

Does this suffice?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Thanks alot, you are awesome!
I hope you're up for a challenge. I have a two that might stump you.

General notes in order of importance:

1. Hardcore. I play in Standard, but I play hardcore. If it isn't survivable, it isn't viable in my opinion.

2. It must be capable of clearing all maps assuming that certain map mods (and area mods, like Vaal side areas) are avoided. If the build is CI, it will not play Blood Magic maps. Clear speed is unimportant compared to viability. I would rather clear each and every map half as quickly as everyone else but not have to go "OH SHIT, that's a killer for my build". So avoiding unknown variables, like exiles, certain Bloodline or Nemesis mods, is not required.

3. Uniques and six-links must be avoided as much as possible. Besides that, gear is completely open, be it armor, evasion, energy shield, two-handed weapon, weapon/shield, dual-wielding, etc.

Acrobatics Life Saboteur

Life-based Saboteur that uses Acrobatics. Must have at least 150% increased maximum life, Clever Construction, High Exlposives, and Piercing Shots.

Exclusively uses Lightning Trap, Bear Trap, Ice Trap, and Fire Trap. Does not make use of chaos damage conversions or poison like so many other builds out there. Traps are used over mines because traps can be thrown at enemies, meaning the character can maneuver without having to really bring enemies to a certain location. Saboteur is chosen for Chain Reaction, allowing nearby traps to detonate when a trap is triggered. Reasoning for trap-inherent skills in below spoiler.

Spoiler
Lightning Trap is used with the Piercing Shots notable and Pierce support to guarantee huge AOE coverage. This skill is mainly a trash trap but could be used for single target. Very likely the main skill as the Saboteur's Chain Reaction allows nearby traps to trigger upon one trap triggering.

Bear Trap is used for burst physical damage against a single target. Can make use of poison as it is inherently physical.

Fire Trap is used as it has a lower cooldown time and has a burning DOT.

Ice Trap simply because it is a trap and has a lower cooldown.

Jewel-based Build

Character must have at least 15 jewel sockets allocated by level 80. If it can get more, better.

I was able to get 15 jewel sockets, 115% max life, and acrobatics by level 78.

Scion seems like the only character capable of this build, especially due to how I chose ascendancies. The extra passive points are crucial.

The Grand Spectrum Viridian jewel is the main choice for this build. With fifteen jewels, it will grant 1,125% increased elemental damage. I'm pretty sure just about any spell or elemental attack can "plug in and win".

Since jewels will be entirely oriented towards damage, all extra life and survivability must come from gear and gems. CWDT + Enfeeble, CWDT + Arctic Breath, CWDT + Ball Lightning + Knockback, high block chance shields, etc. Anything goes. If it has good mitigation or damage avoidance, it's for this build.
Last edited by Natharias on Jul 24, 2016, 9:49:24 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
I hope you're up for a challenge. I have a two that might stump you.

General notes in order of importance:

1. Hardcore. I play in Standard, but I play hardcore. If it isn't survivable, it isn't viable in my opinion.

2. It must be capable of clearing all maps assuming that certain map mods (and area mods, like Vaal side areas) are avoided. If the build is CI, it will not play Blood Magic maps. Clear speed is unimportant compared to viability. I would rather clear each and every map half as quickly as everyone else but not have to go "OH SHIT, that's a killer for my build". So avoiding unknown variables, like exiles, certain Bloodline or Nemesis mods, is not required.

3. Uniques and six-links must be avoided as much as possible. Besides that, gear is completely open, be it armor, evasion, energy shield, two-handed weapon, weapon/shield, dual-wielding, etc.

Acrobatics Life Saboteur

Life-based Saboteur that uses Acrobatics. Must have at least 150% increased maximum life, Clever Construction, High Exlposives, and Piercing Shots.

Exclusively uses Lightning Trap, Bear Trap, Ice Trap, and Fire Trap. Does not make use of chaos damage conversions or poison like so many other builds out there. Traps are used over mines because traps can be thrown at enemies, meaning the character can maneuver without having to really bring enemies to a certain location. Saboteur is chosen for Chain Reaction, allowing nearby traps to detonate when a trap is triggered. Reasoning for trap-inherent skills in below spoiler.

Spoiler
Lightning Trap is used with the Piercing Shots notable and Pierce support to guarantee huge AOE coverage. This skill is mainly a trash trap but could be used for single target. Very likely the main skill as the Saboteur's Chain Reaction allows nearby traps to trigger upon one trap triggering.

Bear Trap is used for burst physical damage against a single target. Can make use of poison as it is inherently physical.

Fire Trap is used as it has a lower cooldown time and has a burning DOT.

Ice Trap simply because it is a trap and has a lower cooldown.

Jewel-based Build

Character must have at least 15 jewel sockets allocated by level 80. If it can get more, better.

I was able to get 15 jewel sockets, 115% max life, and acrobatics by level 78.

Scion seems like the only character capable of this build, especially due to how I chose ascendancies. The extra passive points are crucial.

The Grand Spectrum Viridian jewel is the main choice for this build. With fifteen jewels, it will grant 1,125% increased elemental damage. I'm pretty sure just about any spell or elemental attack can "plug in and win".

Since jewels will be entirely oriented towards damage, all extra life and survivability must come from gear and gems. CWDT + Enfeeble, CWDT + Arctic Breath, CWDT + Ball Lightning + Knockback, high block chance shields, etc. Anything goes. If it has good mitigation or damage avoidance, it's for this build.

You know, im replying now, but like, for the past 5-6 hours, ive been thinking of how to best satisfy you, but, now im tired, so, ill get back to you tomorrow bud <3

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I am going to make a Xirgil's crank melee build. I'll use Mantra of Flames and the Occultist ascendancy that lets you stack a tonne of buffs. What is the best melee skill here? Wanted to do flicker but it is simply not feasible. Molten Strike?
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
"
antilev2 wrote:
I am going to make a Xirgil's crank melee build. I'll use Mantra of Flames and the Occultist ascendancy that lets you stack a tonne of buffs. What is the best melee skill here? Wanted to do flicker but it is simply not feasible. Molten Strike?

man, wat? if you're using someone elses build, wouldnt it be best to ask the creator.

bumping, sorry if ive been lazy recently, taking a bit of a break from PoE stuff, so i usually forget to check the forum >_> but, im still here, alive n kickin.

"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
"
antilev2 wrote:

man, wat? if you're using someone elses build, wouldnt it be best to ask the creator.

It's an item, not a player :P
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xirgil%27s_Crank
The idea is to stack block and use occultist to basically always be recharging ES.

However as you can see it has very low phys damage, aspd, and pretty low crit chance. Which I guess is why the player needs some help on how to make a melee build with it.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 29, 2016, 9:06:36 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
"
antilev2 wrote:

It's an item, not a player :P
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xirgil%27s_Crank
The idea is to stack block and use occultist to basically always be recharging ES.

However as you can see it has very low phys damage, aspd, and pretty low crit chance. Which I guess is why the player needs some help on how to make a melee build with it.

LOL my bad :P never heard of it before >_> ill see what i can do, no certainty since its a fresh unique, but, ill try :)

I'm working with the passive tree you suggested for my cleave duelist and have hit a wall. I can clear merciless easily, except for some of the bosses where I have to move carefully and avoid being one-shotted. I tried my first map (grotto with a magic upgrade) and was blasted repeatedly by all the "hot pink" critters that assailed me and killed me quickly. My tree and equipment is shown below.

Passive Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcAecFLQlYDkMR1RQgFE0V7BiRHpQhYCgqKaU17zboOu1AoEMxRJ5GaUd-TP9OKlBHU7tXDVeXWK9br18_YEFjcGVNZ4BttG6Xbzt07XTxdn92rHfjeA1673uMfuCBQYIHhMSE2YVShymLT5d5mSubLZtqnleezacwqAepbq2NtfK5HbyfvTa9gb54vqe_1cAawYvEWMS4ypDPftIh0_zV-Nlh26fkUe8O8kHynPZI9778Sw==

Where am I falling short?
How should I go forward with my tree?
Should I go back and change any of the allocations I have?
I haven't finished Merciless yet. I am ready to move on the the Ebony Barracks.

Thanks.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info