[2.3] The Grillfriend - closest thing to a VRF build

Hey, thank you MasywnyKnur! It's great to hear that it's working so well for you. And you're right, it definitely has a very different feel and rhythm to it than most other builds.

@sejwaldevansh: Unfortunately there are no ways to get vaal souls in any of the Izaro fights, so we cannot use VRF to kill him. However as long as you can dodge the big attacks from Izaro, the burn on flameblast can end the fights in 5-10 seconds.
IGN: TheGrillfriend
I did uber lab 2 times. This character is not the best for labbing but she can do it.
Hey, thanks for your interest. I would say that you do need sacrificial harvests to be able to constantly use VRF. 2 decent sacrifical harvests works well, 3 good sacrificial harvests is ideal. However, the if you save VRF for large packs and use flameblast in between, it still feels very fluid and very fun.

I'd say give it a shot and save up for sacrifical harvests later because just being able to use VRF is extremely satisfying.
Played with this guy today, can confirm this build 1-shots 6-player hp bosses with the upfront damage alone.

Just one small thing I want to add: you don't need to wear Shavronne's to benefit from Pain Attunement, if you don't go CI. VRF puts you at 1 life first, and then deals damage, so Pain Attunement is always in effect. In theory, you could remove Ghost Reaver and just rely on natural recharge to regain your ES after 1-shotting the whole screen. Your chest armor gives you increased recharge rate anyway. :)

The downside is no chaos immunity and recharge being stopped by dots/ground effects of course, so the CI version is probably more reliable in general, while hybrid deals more damage in ideal scenarios.

Just some food for thought. Anyway, funny build!

Hello stranger!

Wow, Such a nice build, can't wait to try.

Saw your Gorge map vid, and thought WTF is going on with Vaal RF??
As I compare several VRF Build after your vid (especially FoxTactics), it is quiet difficult to choose which fits better for me.

Big Question mark defiantely for -> your ES or Life based?

ES seems a lot more practically for me and here is the next question -> Where is your vaal disciplin?

And at last i would like to know if you have meanwhile any touted VRF One-Shot experiences with T14 bosses too?

For me, your seems to be a big thing in 2.3.

Thanks for your effort Tyrael!!
Hey, thanks for your interest!

There's a couple differences between this build and Foxtactic's build.

Foxtactics:
-Life based
-Tankier and safer with the use of life flasks
-uses fire arc as main skill and saves VRF for bosses
-not dependent on curses for life leech

TheGrillfriend:
-CI ES based (more expensive to gear)
-focused around using VRF as a main skill and flameblast as a side skill
-focused on large AoE clearing

I don't usually use Vaal Discipline in most maps because it's pretty unnecessary. I usually put it in for very difficult/tanky t13-15 bosses in 6player parties (Excavation, Plaza, Kaom with more %life).

As to one-shot experiences, I should definitely upload some more gameplay videos. I consistently one-shot 6-player T14 Plaza boss (have to use vaal discipline because she's curse immune = no warlords mark life leech, no flammability). I one-shot 6-player T15 Kaom, my friend was able to 2-shot 6-player T15 Daresso, and I havent made it past the first stage of T15 Core because I'm bad. Also haven't been able to try T14 Vaal Pyramid, but should be able to one-shot all three of them with vaal discipline, as long as I'm the first person to enter the boss room. I've been able to one-shot the trio in Atziri that way.

Let me know if you have more questions!
How does this build perform in 2.4 and would you do any changes?
Hello Professor_Tyrael! Long time no see.

I've been playing this league some other characters but the experience with your build was so awesome that I must give it another chance in Essence League.

I'll respect my 68lvl Elementalist and I'm looking forward to one-shot some Guardians in a near future. :)

Stay sane Exiles!
Last edited by MasywnyKnur on Oct 1, 2016, 2:54:04 PM
"
Bereen wrote:
How does this build perform in 2.4 and would you do any changes?

I just started building this in ESC. I think it will be fine, the 2.4 elementalist changes shouldnt effect this build much.

It will be interesting to see if it can one-shot some of the new content.

Been using VRF since L16, makes boss fights go faster, even if I die occasionally with no VP yet.
So umm... great build by the way, i went ahead and used it more or less 1:1 and my gear is better than the one here you have showcased and also i 6-linked the VRF for bosses with vrf+conc+pene+ignite+cd+burning damage and i have around 15k ES with vaal discipline, while this works on the regular map bosses, shapers guardians are like... out of my league, i can 1-shot t15 bosses but when it comes to guardians i take like 20% of his life and then im running around trying to get him with my flameblast which i dont even have manaregen for (duh). Anyway... i was wondering, have you tested this on this high maps or has GGG changed something about this build since the time you posted it that made it considerably worse? Or maybe i am just missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info