Kiara's Determination - a new unique flask coming in 2.3.0!

well..

the only thing it has is the stun immunity - but then again it is 2.5 secs (lets say 4 secs with all bonuses)

40 charges a pop. even with Pathfinder it might be impossible to keep it up indefinitely. even with BV. if it cannot be - then i see little utility for it - sadly. dangerous fights last longer than 4 seconds.

the freeze/curse stuff is nice but i have no problem fitting it on my usual flasks without a problem (the curse one i do not even use lately.. stuff dies so quickly that you just do not get cursed frequently enough to care) - and if i did care, i would opt for something with longer duration

interesting. but it might share the fate of Rotgut - at first 'aaaAAAAAhypehype i want it!' and then noone remember it exists.
Do those come in a sixpack? I really like the concept and I think it might be pretty cool on some builds.

PS: Has anyone else ever wondered how those potions actually taste? Is it weird to think about that kind of stuff?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Awesome design/theme! :)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
You spelt Chara wrong :)

Nice flask though!
"
sidtherat wrote:
well..

the only thing it has is the stun immunity - but then again it is 2.5 secs (lets say 4 secs with all bonuses)

40 charges a pop. even with Pathfinder it might be impossible to keep it up indefinitely. even with BV. if it cannot be - then i see little utility for it - sadly. dangerous fights last longer than 4 seconds.

the freeze/curse stuff is nice but i have no problem fitting it on my usual flasks without a problem (the curse one i do not even use lately.. stuff dies so quickly that you just do not get cursed frequently enough to care) - and if i did care, i would opt for something with longer duration

interesting. but it might share the fate of Rotgut - at first 'aaaAAAAAhypehype i want it!' and then noone remember it exists.

It's about as tough to maintain as the new vinktar itself. New vinktar is on the edge of feasible without arcane chemistry (why the FUCK is such a vital flask node all the way on south Scion side?)

Here's the math:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4lsgd3/kiaras_determination_a_new_unique_flask_coming_in/d3pw8mr

Essentially, it takes all the flask nodes on the tree besides arcane chemistry, and then a dedicated belt to even have a hope of maintaining it.

But yeah, absolutely agreed that it's far from great, which is a shame, since it could have reduced the need for a skyforth boots.

Ah, well. Another "what could have been" unique that'll be glossed over.
eh nice skin transfer i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
*snip*

Wouldn't a rare belt provide better results than Magnate?

If you happen to find a belt with all 3 Flask suffixes - Increased Flask Charges Gain, Reduced Charges Used and Increased Flask Duration - this may provide better results than Magnate.

Such belts are rare, but I have seen them.

If you go Pathfinder, it's easy to take all Flask nodes except for Alchemist. Plus the new Pathfinder buffs for 2.3 are pretty insane too. Like the one that grants 100% increased flask charges gain for killing enemies affected by Elemental Status Ailments.

For a pure 100% uptime on Flasks build, it would probably be best to take Master Surgeon, Nature's Boon and Veteran Bowyer. The update isn't out, so we can't tell yet if this flask is a hit or miss.
As someone who doesn't participate in the clear speed meta and has zero chance of ever keeping this up, it's definitely not something I would ever use. It'll be easy to get nearly 100% uptime with the flask nodes and a good belt on a super fast build, though. Very nice flask.
love the flask. I see it working great on Crit Blade vortex Harvest Occultist.
As ItsYoji say it in his Actual Trailer, "Creativity"...

Man, of all the things you make this, im disapinted.
Think best you can get is 3,5 sec after quality, the 60% (from uniq belt) and 20% (passive on skill tree).
It be all nice except you gone be left with no charges if you use flask to dispel specific effect and wont be able to respond for long time.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 31, 2016, 3:10:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info