So when exactly does Perandus end?

Isn't it less efficient to post "in your own timezone" rather than simply post in a popular timezone as suffix it with "PST" or "EST" or what ever timezone you pick?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The league's end-time is displayed in your local time zone here.

So midnight EEST / 21:00 UTC? That's an unusual choice of time.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Isn't it less efficient to post "in your own timezone" rather than simply post in a popular timezone as suffix it with "PST" or "EST" or what ever timezone you pick?

I'd actually prefer if it was posted in UTC (or GMT, which is equivalent for practical purposes). Then I wouldn't have to worry about whether or not their script detected my local timezone correctly.

Also I hate the am/pm notation. 12am / 12pm are ambiguous and based on convention, and 12:59 is followed by 1:00. What kind of shrooms were the people on who decided on this?
"
databeaver wrote:
Also I hate the am/pm notation. 12am / 12pm are ambiguous and based on convention, and 12:59 is followed by 1:00. What kind of shrooms were the people on who decided on this?

I agree that it's a stupid system, but 12am and 12pm are very clear once you understand the stupid system. 12am is midnight. 12pm is noon. It never changes.

The problem is that many people don't understand the system and use them wrong, so you end up having to ask "noon or midnight?" every damn time somebody uses them. That's annoying.

Feet, yards, Fahrenheit, 12 hour time systems, and any others I forgot are all poop. We have way too many dumb legacy measurement systems still in use.
2.5 hours from THIS post. done.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
i find it interesting that i made a post with nearly exactly the same topic name at the end of last league and got insta-moved to nowhere (gameplay and help) where it took several days to get an answer. (no official though)
and at that time my thread was justified as bex made a mistake in her announcement when the league (talisman) ends.

now here we have an exact time that was announced and bex herself shows up.

well well ... well played
Last edited by Ruefl2x on May 30, 2016, 4:51:34 PM
Shit I forgot to spend my 25k coins
By my count Perandus was supposed to end 46 minutes ago, yet it still seems to be running. Did someome forget to press a button?

"
Jaille wrote:
Shit I forgot to spend my 25k coins

I found them incredibly hard to spend. That Cadiro is one elusive bastard.
2 minutes ago :P
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Tell me about it! I spent the last 40 minutes of the league chasing the bastard around Solaris and only found him 3 times :( Had a terrible run the other night, 2 hours of playing with no sign of him. Then my fortune turned around and I was running into him 3 out of 5 times for a good 30 minute stretch.

Still have left over coins though. I guess I'll file them next to that useless Rhoa feather!
"
databeaver wrote:
I'd actually prefer if it was posted in UTC (or GMT, which is equivalent for practical purposes). Then I wouldn't have to worry about whether or not their script detected my local timezone correctly.

So, Perandus league ended a few minutes ago. It's May 31st, 01:03 EEST.

"
The Perandus Leagues end at May 31, 2016 12:00 AM (This is displayed in your local time).

You might want to work on your time zones, you were off by one hour. At least it ended one hour later than I expected instead of earlier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info