need more pocket for character.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
Move your mouse cursor to the menu near the life orb > open the pop-up menu > find inventory button > then move back cursor to your inventory > find a scroll and click it.

There's a keyboard shortcut to open your inventory. I remapped mine to "a" since it's way easier to use, but it's "i" by default. I can't imagine how annoying it has to be to click through the menus every time you want to access your inventory.

I agree that it'd be awesome to link your portal scrolls to the hotbar. You can use the Portal gem, but that's so slow to cast even with quality that I always just use portal scrolls.

Edit: I just checked in game and it lists the keyboard shortcut for the inventory in the menu, so you're probably aware of it. Give remapping it to "a" a shot if the difficulty of hitting "i" is why you're using the menu. I still don't know why they made "i" the default in a game where you constantly use a mouse.
Last edited by Jennik on May 29, 2016, 10:38:20 AM
Well maybe someone designs a new rare unique. It has no stats or sockets and is called Backpack :P It gives you a second inventory :P

"
I agree that it'd be awesome to link your portal scrolls to the hotbar. You can use the Portal gem, but that's so slow to cast even with quality that I always just use portal scrolls.

Yeah, however back when there were no checkpoints a Cast on Death Portal was really handy :P

I do think they could improve its cast time a bit.
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Ability to link town portal scrolls to your action bar would be such a relief.
Will not happen because there is a portal gem which will become useless if you suggestion is implemented
OTOH we already have at least one useless gem in the game. Hmm...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I'd love a rebindable hotkey that automatically casts a portal using a scroll in your bag.

No need to use up a skillbar slot, and no need to open your inventory to right-click on it.

Just a small QoL improvement.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
silumit wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Ability to link town portal scrolls to your action bar would be such a relief.
Will not happen because there is a portal gem which will become useless if you suggestion is implemented
OTOH we already have at least one useless gem in the game. Hmm...

Actually the main advantage of portal gem is that it is infinite and doesn't cost anything, while portal scrolls are finite. Also, it was possible to have portal on your action buttons in Diablo 2 and it was fine.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Actually the main advantage of portal gem is that it is infinite and doesn't cost anything, while portal scrolls are finite. Also, it was possible to have portal on your action buttons in Diablo 2 and it was fine.

Enough portal scrolls drop that they might as well be infinite. There are a fair number of tradeoffs between portal scrolls and the Portal spell, though.

1. The spell takes up a gem slot. You could have something useful there or just level up gems to vaal or sell for exalts.
2. Picking up portal scrolls takes time. Even with the long cast time on the spell, you save you time overall by not picking up scrolls.
3. Portal scrolls add screen clutter. You can hide them if you use the spell to avoid this.
4. The spell takes a while to cast. Using the scrolls is faster and safer, which is especially relevant in HC.
5. The spell takes up one of 8 hotkey slots. Portal scrolls take up one of 60 inventory slots. Which of these is more important depends on the build.

There are probably more relevant differences I didn't cover.
Last edited by Jennik on May 30, 2016, 9:50:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info