A reddit post got me thinking ....

"
tryhardgg wrote:
A reddit post got me thinking ....

.... that you should stop visiting reddit?
The obvious answer is no.

And the reason is even more obvious so i question why you even made this thread.

An enrage timer would push the entirety of the community into a subset of builds to play (kill before enrage/even tank enraged bosses) and everything that falls out of those would be deemed "shit" by most.

It would limit build diversity but also play-style diversity. Not everybody enjoys blowing up the screen with a single click, but it would be the powerhouse builds that are most favored in an enrage timer setting.

This is partially why we have very weak bosses within map tiers as-well.

To provide content for play-styles and builds that are far from optimal but are still "fun" for the people that fool around with them.

People should drop down to earth and realize there is more to do then being efficient in wreaclast.

Being efficient can be fun, but its not the end all of everything. And it should never be utilized as the one standard to base the direction or potential of the game on in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The only legit game design reason I can see to add an enrage timer to a fight is to bring a conclusion to a fight which otherwise would last forever; this means the boss would need significant recovery mechanics and tankiness for there to be any need in the first place. Additionally, the purpose of the mechanic would be to end the fight, not necessarily end it in the enemy's favor, so functionally enraging the player (with "more damage taken" debuffs on the boss) can be an equally effective design - and isn't mutually exclusive with simultaneous increases to player damage taken.

With such understanding, I actually think enrage mechanics can be good and interesting, but usually people mean them as hate against low-DPS builds.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 27, 2016, 10:10:02 AM
This would just make building tank(y) become even more crappy. As of now, there's no point in building tanky, as the hardest bosses oneshot you no matter what. The hardest boss fights are all about DPS.

Enrage would just make defensive-focused builds obsolete. More so than they already are.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
You only need Enrage timers if bosses aren't easy to kill... All Bosses in PoE die within seconds.. Unless you propse the Enrage timer to be one second... o_0

They'd rather just beef up the Bosses to have more life and hit harder (or in the case of those who already do, just add more Mechanics.) That'd be more fun than just being forced to race it down.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info