Cospri's Will - My Unique Story

"
FierceAgent wrote:
"
LostArtz wrote:
*snip*

blah blah blah *winky face*

I agree, and that is a balancing factor for this chest. You CAN run multiple curses via Blasphemy, however it ties up a large amount of your Mana that's otherwise spent on auras & heralds.

CoH is possible but like you said, but considered too slow in the clear speed meta. You could probably just kill something in 2 attacks anyway rather than wasting one on Cursing then a second to deal damage.

As for snakebites - I guess? Personally I hate anything that reduces charge duration. No thanks.

Can't say I understand the circle jerk for Heretic Veil. It's a pretty good helmet and the extra reduced Mana Reservation is nice, but I feel like Alpha's Howl is superior outside of lacking ES.
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
Last edited by LostArtz on May 30, 2016, 2:24:30 AM
"
FierceAgent wrote:
"
LostArtz wrote:
*snip*

blah blah blah *winky face*

- The OP factor is not the exra curse but the bypassing hexproof mod.
- The best reduced mana reserved clusters are ( apart from BM ) next to the .... templar and ranger starting point, and the ranger's one is right next to Balistic mastery, that any archer ( ranger ) takes no doubt about this ( In short, rangers have better access to reduced mana reservation nodes than occultists ).

And saying that the chest is not OP because very expensive amulets can replicate the +1 curse mod is a joke honestly, another extremely expensive ( unless you corrupt crap not to loose currency by ruining amulets ) and very strong kind of item exists, so this one is not OP ?
With that mindset, OP items will keep coming into the game.

Such strong curses related nodes should come with a curse handicap imho, like an effectivness reduction, or a change to the hexproof bypass mechanism.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 30, 2016, 4:42:51 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
- The OP factor is not the exra curse but the bypassing hexproof mod.
- The best reduced mana reserved clusters are ( apart from BM ) next to the .... templar and ranger starting point, and the ranger's one is right next to Balistic mastery, that any archer ( ranger ) takes no doubt about this ( In short, rangers have better access to reduced mana reservation nodes than occultists ).

Sigh, not much thought put into what you're talking about.

First off, no. Hexproof bypass is not the OP factor of this unique. Right now if you have a character running 4-5 curses and roll a map with curse immunity, what do you do? Re-roll the freaking map. That's what cursers will continue to do, re-roll the map. As for monsters with this prefix, we don't know yet how common that would be. But in the case of Bow builds, it's not the end of the world if you miss Assassin's Mark on a mob. They do fine without it.

It's just the beginning. More uniques will show up with Hexproof and there will be a common solution for this like every other challenge before. Heck, who knows? They may even add this to passive tree or Ascendancy class down the line. (I would say Occultist deserves it since they didn't receive any buffs for 2.3 and curses are their specialty).

As for reduced mana reserve, so you get an easy access to 12%. Whoop-dee-doo. 12% and Heretic's Viel with 2 curses is 54% mana reserve. You're still left with a mere Herald to use. If you try to go further and grab more reduced mana reserve clusters, you will only gimp out your build. Not worth all the build gimping for +1 curse, lol.

The reason Templars and Witches run multiple curse builds is because they have an easy access to ALL reduced mana reserve clusters (except ones next to Marauder). The only way a Ranger would run an optimized curse build if they decide to go caster and move to left side of the tree. Melee and Bow builds are out of luck for multiple curses (unless you use an awkward way to apply them). Some things are just meant for casters.
"
innervation wrote:
You guys act like there aren't already 17 things in the game that hard counter map mods. Temp Chains counters Fleet. Enfeeble counters the crit map mod. Traps, totems, chaos, and chaos conversion counter both kinds of reflect at once. Overcapping your resists hard counters a mod.

That's a poor reason to not like this item, or to want it changed.

If you don't like it b/c of "power creep" I don't know what to tell you. In the game's history the game has swung on a pendulum of getting easier for a few patches, then getting harder for a few patches. If 2.3 or 2.4 don't make the game harder, we'd have to see it as a new direction for the game, because Ascendancy did kick off a big power surge that hasn't been pushed back the other way yet.

Oh, curses counter a map mod? I guess if you run them blasphemy it's an actual investment, but I don't think you can compare a curse to a chest that's always there. And it's not just allowing you to curse mobs in these maps that specifically say you can't, it also gives you +1 curse and allows you to poison cursed enemies on hit.

It's just a bloated item, it has no real downside, and it's terrible design to me that GGG would let this go through while giving that Dyadian Dawn guy such a hard time.
Killed Core boss - lv93 Disfavour Cycloner - waiting for achievement to be fixed please..
"
FierceAgent wrote:

First off, no. Hexproof bypass is not the OP factor of this unique. Right now if you have a character running 4-5 curses and roll a map with curse immunity, what do you do? Re-roll the freaking map. That's what cursers will continue to do, re-roll the map. As for monsters with this prefix, we don't know yet how common that would be. But in the case of Bow builds, it's not the end of the world if you miss Assassin's Mark on a mob. They do fine without it.

It's just the beginning. More uniques will show up with Hexproof and there will be a common solution for this like every other challenge before. Heck, who knows? They may even add this to passive tree or Ascendancy class down the line. (I would say Occultist deserves it since they didn't receive any buffs for 2.3 and curses are their specialty).

As for reduced mana reserve, so you get an easy access to 12%. Whoop-dee-doo. 12% and Heretic's Viel with 2 curses is 54% mana reserve. You're still left with a mere Herald to use. If you try to go further and grab more reduced mana reserve clusters, you will only gimp out your build. Not worth all the build gimping for +1 curse, lol.

The reason Templars and Witches run multiple curse builds is because they have an easy access to ALL reduced mana reserve clusters (except ones next to Marauder). The only way a Ranger would run an optimized curse build if they decide to go caster and move to left side of the tree. Melee and Bow builds are out of luck for multiple curses (unless you use an awkward way to apply them). Some things are just meant for casters.

Sigh, not much thought put into what you're talking about.

Just re-roll the map ? Like it's no big deal ?
So much bad faith here.

Like when looking for a high qty and pack size on a red map, finding it but with a mod that you "just have to reroll" is nothing and only cost a chaos .... :/
Or for lower maps, rerolling it and loosing a big chunk of quantity or pack size is no big deal either ? you just lost a chaos and potentially map drops, that's nothing small.

Also please stop your "only archers use evasion" or "all rangers are archers" ....

The easiest way to get life leech for melee / mid range characters atm is .... blasphemy + warlord's mark ( and it supplies CwdT + IC, that basically everybody uses ). Hexproof mods become a real pain in the ass for those builds, I apologize for saying something this obvious, but I feel like it's not for everybody actually.

Aabout aura nodes :
If you are going for a miner ( not the most common build tho ), you are very close from another 4%.
If you want to grab the small life cluster and some extra evasion or/and the projectile node after, you are very close from that other 4% as well.
If you are going for a build with many jewels, you can easily get close to those 4% ( with the 3 new jewels, might become popular ... ).
And in those cases Harrier is on the way, and its a pretty damn good node.
Melee or ST builds can very easily grab the nodes that they want down the tree and be very close to the Marauder cluster and its 4% also.
It is just a matter of building the character.

But you know what ? it does not quite matter, because you can already double blasphemy auras + hatred easily with just the one easy cluster that gives 12% and either alpha or the new unique veil ( there are many ways to have ridiculously low cost skills now ).
54% and you are left with a mere herald ? I am wondering where did your math go wrong there ....

And GGG may also realize that this item is too strong and tweak it enough before release, or they can just nerf it after ... or it can just become a game full of OP unique items even more, some have survived until now it seems so ... Let's just hope for the best, I would really like if the game would not just keep getting simplified.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 30, 2016, 10:49:02 AM
Well, this is going to end up being my ranger chest. I'm using tornado shot and puncture trap, so changing my poison gem for temp chains (TS already has CoH) and extra curse am/vulnerability gloves is an easy way of maxing dps.

Too bad that my Witch, the one who actually depends on curses can't use it.
"
Fruz wrote:
*snip*

Even bigger sigh. So much wrong in that post, I didn't even feel like replying.

Yes, re-roll the damn map. It's no big deal. Many mappers (including myself) spend an average of 10-20c rolling on red maps. Maybe you don't know much about late mapping because your highest character is level 88 (and Standard). Re-rolling maps with high pack sizes is normal because what if you roll 3x Ele Dmg from mobs? Or something else not compatible with your build like Blood Magic, no life regen, etc? It's perfectly ok to reroll instead of suiciding your character.

Easiest way to get life leech for melee/mid-range is Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark? LOL, no. Sounds like you have never rolled a melee character or Archer. The easiest life/mana leech is at the bottom of the tree, Spirit Void and Vitality Void cluster. Only need to take couple of those nodes and you're all set. Perhaps you didn't know because this change was quite recent, like after 2.0.

Warlord's Mark is only common for casters that run CI/ES builds. Since life leech is hard to come by for casters, they rely on Warlord's Mark to leech for Energy Shield.

Then you're babbling about how you can grab more Aura clusters. Again, sounds like you have no idea that melees/archers usually take a fixed set of nodes on every build. If they waste their passive points on Auras just to run +1 curse, that would make a terrible build. Sorry, just no.

So you want to run Hatred with 12% and Blasphemy + Dual Curses? That's 96-98% mana reserve. Good luck. You won't even be able to use a skill with 5L/6L. Now I know you'll talk about going further on tree to take reduced mana nodes or run crappy Elreon jewelry just for that +1 Curse. Good lord, stop treating that +1 Curse like the second coming of Christ. It's not worth screwing your build over. Case closed.

This could have been a T1 God Tier chest if it had ES base. But with evasion, it's quite average. No need for nerfs because it's a wasted opportunity.
Last edited by FierceAgent on May 30, 2016, 7:22:46 PM
If it's a ES based chest, i would say OP, but since it's a eva chest it's pretty interesting.

Can run with a curse on hit corrupt gloves but not really worth the amount of HP loss.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
"
FierceAgent wrote:
*snip*

Even bigger sigh. So much wrong in that post, I didn't even feel like replying.

Yeah, so where you would need to spend 10-20 chaos on it, now you are potentially spending 20-30 chaos, no big deal here of course.
Blood magic is a freaking rare mod, but nice try :/. Hexproof is much, much, much more common, obviously.

Warlord mark is useful for anything that does elemental or chaos damage, another obvious point here that I feel like you are either avoiding, or ignoring.
But chaos damage builds was really unpopular after all those last months right ?

Ever heard of BM ?
Ever heard of Erleon's rings ? Apparently you do, but it does not seem like you're capable of planing a setup that can run of 4% while beeing a melee, not that hard but oh well.
Ever heard of Trickster's passive if you go shadow cyclone ?
Ever heard of mana leech ( you know, the nodes on the same life leech cluster that according to you, every melee takes lol ) ?

And yes, spending couple of points to run another curse can definitely be worth it, but it depends on the build ( If you go heavy on shield, the 4% are right next to one of the best clusters in case you did not notice also, forgot to mention that, feels like I need to mention everything for you now ).

It's a typical way for trying to discredit arguments, making seem that the +1 curse is the only thing we've mentioned at the end and that the rest is not worth considering.
Good job there.

Since you seem to be missing the points ( on purpose ? who knows ) and putting a real lot of bad faith in here, it is probably better to close the case yeah.

The Art of hiding actual arguments in pages of rhetoric questions and ad hominems.
I'm somewhat impressed, actually.
We'll see how it plays out.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info