Nice! More tools against reflect! (Ascendancy adjustments)

"
ApE_EmPeROR wrote:

My only problem with that is, that there are hardly any pure phys builds(which use Blasphemy Vulnerability + punishment instead of hatred/hoa) so it's more like a ~25% reflected damage reduction whereas ele chars get 50%.

Well, many physical build will have Hatred only for damage boost, and that's 35% of physical as cold, which is reduced by 75% with your own resistance. It usually isnt a problem at all, unless you want to go elem-reflect map, and then you just turn off Hatred.

50% reduction wont allow safe clear for reflect maps (at least, for physical). But it will help a lot against sudden reflecting rare!
Physical attack builds can clear physreflect maps anyway, they just have to switch their main skill for an elemental one and use PtL support.
Elemental builds dont have this option, usually.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
ApE_EmPeROR wrote:

My only problem with that is, that there are hardly any pure phys builds(which use Blasphemy Vulnerability + punishment instead of hatred/hoa) so it's more like a ~25% reflected damage reduction whereas ele chars get 50%.

Well, many physical build will have Hatred only for damage boost, and that's 35% of physical as cold, which is reduced by 75% with your own resistance. It usually isnt a problem at all, unless you want to go elem-reflect map, and then you just turn off Hatred.

50% reduction wont allow safe clear for reflect maps (at least, for physical). But it will help a lot against sudden reflecting rare!
Physical attack builds can clear physreflect maps anyway, they just have to switch their main skill for an elemental one and use PtL support.
Elemental builds dont have this option, usually.

It's usually not just hatred. What about added fire damage/physical to lightning and all the Heralds? Not to mention that especially most RT builds don't really rely on Vaal Pact to deal with reflect. Sure, your ele resis help, but I just wanted to note that the 50% are not as good as they may seem at first glance.
This is a buff.
I really love the necromancer buffs...
Spirit eater with the following new effects: Minions deal 30% increased damage, desecrate creates 2 additional corpses and 2% increased attack and cast speed for each corpse that was consumed by you recently
Commander of darkness with a buff and new effect: damage per aura from 6% to 10%, attack and cast speed per aura from 2% to 5%, also gives you and allies affected by auras 20% to all elemental resistances. Basically you get a free purity of elements if you have an aura active.

Also the changes to the assassin:
Noxious strike and toxic delivery changed places, noxious strike got an additional effect and toxic delivery a nice rework:
Noxious strike: Now gives 30% increased skill duration if you killed a maimed enemy recently.
Toxic delivery: Loses the 30% increased damage over time, 10% of physical damage as extra chaos damage changed to 20% of physical damage as extra chaos damage against bleeding enemies, and also gets 100% more bleed damage against maimed enemies and 100% more damage for poison inflicted by critical hits.

Those changes really profit two stupid build ideas I had:
Null's inclination Tornado shot witch
Dual wield rive bleed assassin with viper strike
Those might actually work with these changes :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I did everything possible mitigate reflect as a duel wielding Void Battery Assassian, but I would just die due to offscreen reflect or a beyond mob popping out of nowhere. I wanted to play the synergy between the unique weapon and the Assassian crit nodes, but all I got was a big fk you, you pos elementalist.

I spent passive points, used a ring, got a corrupted item with ele leech and a belt with leech, used pots, but still just die to the offscreen and beyond mobs way too much. There's nothing I can do even after spending so much. Between reflect and the lab, I'm not playing this pos anymore until something changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info